Rothko

Changing Sortie Requirements for Promotion

Hello All!

I was wondering if there was a way you could change the sortie requirement for promotion on the Co-Op Campaign. As of now it feels really low and my friends and I are getting promoted way too quickly!

Thanks in advance :)

• Upvote 1

I would also be interested in knowing the values for promotion rate/number of sorties required and whether we can edit them . 

We have started a co-op campaign in Moscow and have flown 26 sorties by January 1942. There's some concern that we'll have a squadron full of Majors by the time we get to 1943!

Does anyone know where this info is hiding in PWCGBoS folders?

34 minutes ago, Firenz said:

I would also be interested in knowing the values for promotion rate/number of sorties required and whether we can edit them . 

We have started a co-op campaign in Moscow and have flown 26 sorties by January 1942. There's some concern that we'll have a squadron full of Majors by the time we get to 1943!

Does anyone know where this info is hiding in PWCGBoS folders?

It's not in config files. 

For fighter units, after the lowest ranks victories are also required for  advancement.

Criteria vary from country to country.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

It's not in config files. 

For fighter units, after the lowest ranks victories are also required for  advancement.

Criteria vary from country to country.

Pat, so there is no way to actually change the requirement on the user's end?

1 minute ago, Rothko said:

Pat, so there is no way to actually change the requirement on the user's end?

No

I could use some feedback on what you are experiencing, especially what country you are flying for in what role.  As part of 11.9.0 I have raised several criteria for the LW, but not yet for other services.  I am willing to look at other services as well.

17 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

No

I could use some feedback on what you are experiencing, especially what country you are flying for in what role.  As part of 11.9.0 I have raised several criteria for the LW, but not yet for other services.  I am willing to look at other services as well.

Got it, thanks for answering my question so quickly.

We are playing German Fighter unit in the Battle of Moscow Campaign and we plan to complete our campaign in Germany, 1945. We thought it would be neat for us to have promotions to look forward to later in the war but the 10-25-60-100 sortie requirements are being met really quickly by a lot of us and some of us have gone from Obfw. to Olt. in less than 3 months of game time. So we were just wondering if we can increase the requirements to slow our progress and spread it across 1941 - 1945. 

As always thank you so much for all your work in the PWCG, it really makes the game so much fun for us :)

45 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

If you are playing German I have pretty much doubled the number of missions for advancement.

Ah maybe, I'm running an older version? Does PWCG automatically update?

4 minutes ago, Rothko said:

Ah maybe, I'm running an older version? Does PWCG automatically update?

Should have been more clear.  That change has not been rel4eased yet.  I noticed the same thing.  Everybody in my unit was a Hauptmann in no time.

15 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Should have been more clear.  That change has not been rel4eased yet.  I noticed the same thing.  Everybody in my unit was a Hauptmann in no time.

Ah! I see :) Does the PWCG automatically update and do updates apply on saves files started before the update?

17 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Pat, do you happen to remember the sortie count for the new Luftwaffe promotion?