A good Skin I think

Have_Gun_Will_Travel

Have_Gun_Will_Travel

Afternoon all!

Came across this photo. I probably couldn't find anymore of this but reaching out to who could make this skin. I don't have the 'skills' to make it. 

It looks like either Red 2 or Red 3. 

63636a62537e9875d0d3d063afd37eec.jpg

• Upvote 1

This is an Albatros D3 (Johannisthal built) flown by Heinrich Gontermann (that's him with the cane) at Jasta 15 @ Spring 1917. The colour retouching is highly speculative. Who knows but I think it's pretty unlikely. There doesn't seem to be a box around the Maltese cross on the lower wing on the original photo. The undersides of the wings would almost certainly be pale blue and the struts and nose likely pale green/grey. The fuselage appears to be a close match for the metal colour so pale green also?  There's probably a matching number on the underside of the lower wing (you can see it just behind Gontermann) and the numbers are probably black. There doesn't appear to be any kind of trim around the numbers either.

I've made an approximation of this crate for ROF,  but since FC doesn't have the Albatros D3 (in fact ROF doesn't have the Johannisthal built D3 either, incredibly) so recreating it seems pretty unlikely at the moment.

S!

gont.jpg

Edited by Gooseh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have_Gun_Will_Travel

Thanks for the history and help. Its a shame thou would be a good skin if it was all correct.  I was hoping if a side and top down drawing was done but I doubt it. Anyways thanks again.

I've never seen another profile of this machine anywhere. Perhaps if FC2 or 3 has D3's they might make a Johannisthal version....and pigs might fly!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...