👍✔️

Very nice!

• Thanks 1

Photo recon sky blue/green

deleted

Edited by pjmack11377
better pics

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

That link goes to one of your RAF skins by name.

Arthur,

Just a mix up in the file name as it is not raf.  Thanks,  I'll get to it later tomorrow.  Also I'll rework the sky blue model tonight.

All the best,

Patrick

working sky blue photo recon

Edited by pjmack11377

IMO, the blue photo recon shown above is too blue.  The underside, a lighter blue/grey, looks closer to what I would imagine.

But it is a very pretty blue and excellently crafted.  Not every skin needs to be "1000% Historically Accurate". 

We play this game to have fun, not resolve grievances.

I really like the 'Aluminum 5' skin.

7 minutes ago, Beebop said:

IMO, the blue photo recon shown above is too blue.  The underside, a lighter blue/grey, looks closer to what I would imagine.

But it is a very pretty blue and excellently crafted.  Not every skin needs to be "1000% Historically Accurate". 

We play this game to have fun, not resolve grievances.

I really like the 'Aluminum 5' skin.

Arthur,

I do like to be accurate aws possible.  It makes it more fun to model these aircraft.  I didn't like either sky blue version and will make another one tonight.  Just dump the others.

Patrick

Viking 2 with guns--->https://mega.nz/file/k1tWQZ4Q#Z1gZqmquFBduAFVrzTnJRzQ6z9C9PJShIrZP76Cmwgs<---get it here

2021_1_13__17_6_8.jpg

2021_1_13__17_6_13.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Patrick,

Please understand that I am only expressing my opinion.  I do not claim to be any kind of historian or expert.  I truly appreciate that you are trying to make the most accurate skins possible and you are doing an excellent job.  Although I do skin I do not consider myself an expert there either as there are many others more gifted and talented.

My comments are NOT criticism.  My own work can be rightly criticized on many levels but that does not give me any credential to criticize the work of others.

BUT...you may have been more correct on that color of blue that I thought.

From http://www.theworldwars.net/resources/resource.php?r=camo_usaaf

Paint guide:

Haze / Synthetic Haze: ...Any generic deep sky blue fading into a sky blue underside should be good enough for Synthetic Haze, while a lighter less saturated blue would work best for Haze, fading towards white on the sides and undersides.

photo_usaaf_photo_2.jpg

According to this photo all you need to do is make the blue a tad lighter and much more matte.  Maybe no Alpha layer over the color.

Edited by Beebop
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

Patrick,

Please understand that I am only expressing my opinion.  I do not claim to be any kind of historian or expert.  I truly appreciate that you are trying to make the most accurate skins possible and you are doing an excellent job.  Although I do skin I do not consider myself an expert there either as there are many others more gifted and talented.

My comments are NOT criticism.  My own work can be rightly criticized on many levels but that does not give me any credential to criticize the work of others.

BUT...you may have been more correct on that color of blue that I thought.

From http://www.theworldwars.net/resources/resource.php?r=camo_usaaf

Paint guide:

Haze / Synthetic Haze: ...Any generic deep sky blue fading into a sky blue underside should be good enough for Synthetic Haze, while a lighter less saturated blue would work best for Haze, fading towards white on the sides and undersides.

photo_usaaf_photo_2.jpg

According to this photo all you need to do is make the blue a tad lighter and much more matte.  Maybe no Alpha layer over the color.

Get it here...Guardian Angel Blue  --->https://mega.nz/file/4o1yQSAC#fbYGU4LExLx5cryJyP5f-R4zIHeVs_WvgumHcSEjCZU

2021_1_13__20_51_0.jpg

2021_1_13__20_50_44.jpg

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There ya go!  👍

• Thanks 1

Arthur,

Please re download this file as I made a few small changes a moment ago.

Patrick

• Thanks 1

deleted

Edited by pjmack11377
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1