Han

Developer Diary 268 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Dear friends,

Another year is ending. This one was tougher than usual, but the team has managed to do without losses and meet all the planned goals nevertheless. The work on Normandy is going well and soon we'll be able to show you the screenshots of the unique buildings and ground vehicles being developed especially for it.

One of these improvements is 4K texturing for I-16 fighter created by Martin =ICDP=Catney. 

The player controllable self-propelled AA guns saw good progress lately.

To finish today's Dev Blog we want to show you the progress that was made on the fascinating bird, one of the planes that are in development for Battle of Normandy - Typhoon Mk.Ib.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Merry (Western tradition) Christmas and thanks for the great update!  I know it's always subject to change, but that's terrific news you plan to have the flyable Typhoon ready by late Spring 2021.  Can't wait to do some serious mud moving in it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

Thank you for your hard work.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Thanks for all the great work this year! Good health, merry x-mas and a good start into 2021 to all of you.

Good DD.

It reminded me to fly the I16 more. Hurricane have been the main priority when flying. And the PO 2. 

And it reminded me of the Typhoon, as long as we cherish what's good in life, and this sim , one do not focus too much of other stuff. 

Merry Christmas 

• Upvote 1

Really nice news, as always.

Pics of the Typhy are making us looking forward in eager

Awesome stuff and Merry Christmas!

Looking forward to hopefully a better 2021 all around.

Happy Christmas to the Dev team - thanks for the update and looking forward to the Typhoon. Cheers. 🍻

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 1

Now that the pre-ordered ReverbG2VR headset arrived yesterday, & installed without too many headaches ,I am ready for the new features coming down the line...Bring ‘em on!

B86E25F8-4536-4FDD-AA95-1FEE95C60A39.gif

Edited by Blitzen
Added gif
  • Upvote 3

Merry Christmas! ICDP is true a master!

Can't wait to drive those new vehicles and to see what 2021 brings! and take a good rest on these holidays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No105_Swoose said:

Merry (Western tradition) Christmas and thanks for the great update!

Yeah - I'm glad that they're in the East and can do this without missing Christmas! Still it is a wonderful surprise to get an update and I truly hope all of the team has happy holidays.

I'm super excited about the Typhoon cockpit (It looks wild and we're getting a non-windscreen gun-sight as at least an option!!)

The other updates (community contributions and art; and the AA) are also pretty exciting :)

• Upvote 1

Interesting update. Love the little tease below. In the first screenshot of the I-16, it looks like a bridge that runs between two embankments instead of having a ramp running up to the bridge. I'm not sure I've run across a bridge like that before.

"In addition to this, we're always glad to have more people improving the project and one can spot a result of the new collaboration on these screenshots. We won't disclose all the details of the coming surprise right now but we're sure you won't be disappointed."

image.png.ff2a1d23b6bbd4fd1500e34534f85ef3.png

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Interesting update. Love the little tease below. In the first screenshot of the I-16, it looks like a bridge that runs between two embankments instead of having a ramp running up to the bridge. I'm not sure I've run across a bridge like that before.

"In addition to this, we're always glad to have more people improving the project and one can spot a result of the new collaboration on these screenshots. We won't disclose all the details of the coming surprise right now but we're sure you won't be disappointed."

That is outside Moscow right? One can take a flight and go look to see if it is improved. I do rather feel a sense of enthusiasm for the idea of partnering with someone to make ongoing map improvements. If they could put together a team that was dedicated (like Team Daidalos or Team Fusion) and who could train up new people as old people retired from the team... it might actually be sustainable and not a major headache for the developers... maybe anyway.

Edited by Avimimus

16 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Good eye Rjel,  I have been staring at that shot for a long time trying to find an Easter Egg.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, thanks for a year full of flight simming. All the best for 2021!

Some outstanding detail shown in the images, looking really great, eagerly awaiting the releases.:cool:

Thank you very much for the DD, really appreciated, may there be many more in 2021.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Maybe a map editor so the great mod folks can create some more awesome maps!!!

Looking forward to trying out the  Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38, especially with the new terrain modeling. Be interesting to see how a half track behaves compared to a fully tracked vehicle.

• Upvote 1

The crewman and the flak guns looking mighty fine!

Regarding the Tiffie, it's also coming along nicely.

I do have a question/request since the Tempest and Typhoon share the same type of mixture lever.

In the current Tempest model, we have a warning sign that the throttle will not open when the lever is all the way up in the start position. However this does not seem to be modeled in game. If that is indeed the case, can this be added to the Typhoon and Tempest when it is released in the spring?

224775967_2020-12-2513_11_20-Window.png.a0cd1d20da90c7eb23105d59bebe739a.png

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Han said:

Another year is ending. This one was tougher than usual, but the team has managed to do without losses and meet all the planned goals nevertheless.

So drop tanks, fuel system, marshal mode, etc... was/is no longer planned if i understand correctly?

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

So drop tanks, fuel system, marshal mode, etc... was/is no longer planned if i understand correctly?

No, you dont understand correctly. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rjel said:

I don't see a difference with the current situation.

I did  a quick test flight to check it out.

Bridge Moscow.jpg

1 minute ago, Uufflakke said:

I don't see a difference with the current situation.

I did  a quick test flight to check it out.

Bridge Moscow.jpg

Like I said, I'd never seen a bridge like that before. Nothing more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Like I said, I'd never seen a bridge like that before. Nothing more.

If that is all you seem to have said, what is the little tease you love then?

The little tease below that I mentioned was the little tease below quoting Han in my post. I made a simple observation. Okay with you?

52 minutes ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Well... not planned for 2020 obviously. But they were always clear that the fuel system was a project that could be deprioritised and that Marshall mode was mainly the work of one dev (who was moving on to other employment and thus it was dependent on his schedule).

Also, the systems modelling for all of the new aircraft probably takes priority over revisions to older aircraft - they spent a lot of time in the first half of this year on damage models and other revisions - and now they probably will need to put a lot of effort into ensuring we get new aircraft (some of which will have quite novel systems requiring quite a bit of additional coding).

Edited by Avimimus

Hmm...instead of Moscow could that be Leningrad? => Karelian map🤤 ...or just wishful thinking.

JLean

• Like 2

At the Russian-language forum, they drew attention to the I-16 cockpit. Perhaps the 4k cab mod will be officialized.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the great work.:clapping:

Whish you Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Soooo happy to hear from the Typhoon....can't wait to let her loose😎

I was thinking the little surprise might have been the numbering on aircraft? But it might just be those specific skins having the numbers. Great DD, thankful for the work this year and the work that is coming next year.

2 hours ago, FoxbatRU said:

At the Russian-language forum, they drew attention to the I-16 cockpit. Perhaps the 4k cab mod will be officialized.

Yeah, that was what I thought from the i-16 cockpit pics. Would be a welcome addition to the sim (if it is coming)

• Upvote 1