Han

Developer Diary 267 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Many of you ask us how is the development of the recently announced mobile AAA is going.

Meanwhile, we're working on updating all the existing aircraft in the sim with the new visual models of the crew.

Another of the many questions we got recently after showing the video of the new terrain effect on the vehicles, is how the new detailed terrain roughness will affect the aircraft

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 8

Quick question: Will it be possible to drive the GAZ without a gun on it?

Also... I'm quite excited to see the quality of modelling and I'm very curious how the anti-aircraft gun-sights will work. I'm kindof hoping that the modelling of the gun, when combined with things like the modelling of ranging errors for the tank gunners, will eventually improve the realism of anti-aircraft artillery AI and AI gunners on aircraft... that said, even if it doesn't - I'm sure whatever gets made will be fascinating.

Also... that video does mean I will pay for an update to the U-2 which gives cargo loadouts! :) That said, I also kindof hope that farmer fields are a little bit flatter 😄

Edited by Avimimus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

👍 Looking forward to trying out the off-piste landings 🙂.

Given the video, you folks had better give us a way to create and designate “landing grounds” that are somewhat smoother than somebodies cornfield.....

• Like 1

Great to see the GAZ coming to life! Just preordered it and can't wait to test it, so keep up with the good work ;)

Is that means that make some deliveries with bigger planes (i.e A20B) would be quite impossible ?

😲  That ground!  That grass!  That poor plane's struts!

Looks amazing!  

Why does a part of me want to have a little avatar to run around this world you've created?  Probably because it does look like a little world you've created.  Thanks again team!

Looking good gents. I am assuming that the GAZ-MM with 72-K AA gun will not make it before Christmas, judging by these pictures, but that is ok because TC has captured my attention and there is a lot to do in it. The rough terrain modeling looks extremely good and I can'wait to try it out. Keep up the good work at 1C and Digital Forms!:good:Oh and the riverbanks and surrounding river scenery looks phenomenal guys. Is this new or have I just missed this improvement???

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

Nice, in FC the bumpy terrain will be welcome as well. Really nice seeing this kind of constant progress despite the current situation. Kudos guys!

I can't wait to drive on the other teams' airfield with the AAA truck.. ;)

Great job guys!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This video reminded me I haven't tooled around in the U-2 for a while. I will have to amend that!

• Upvote 1

Very nice video. Love the P-39 skins, especially the red nosed one ! 🤞

VVS P-39.jpg

Edited by Roast

New terrain will help new FiF or BA/BS missions on FC where you must land to capture/rescue people. 

Edited by jokerBR
  • Like 1

The water looks amazing. Makes me want to break out the kayak lol. Sadly it makes me long for more. I hope down the line we can get a PTO as im finding my love for this series in a whole new way. The water effects in pacific fighters was amazing, especially when on the deck in a b-25.

Concerning the American and British pilots, it would be great if they be selected as a modification for applicable aircraft just like the female pilots are!

• Upvote 2

The new terrain looks to be very difficult to take off from. As it should be I’d think. Crash landings too look like they’ll be much more dangerous. Can’t wait to try both out. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

Also... that video does mean I will pay for an update to the U-2 which gives cargo loadouts! :) That said, I also kindof hope that farmer fields are a little bit flatter 😄

Gaz without a AAA on it? cargo perhaps? ground based resupply? I'd dig that.

I'd second the U2 cargo haul too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful....with all the excellent work being put into the pilots, I'm dreaming of the day we can have them visible in the cockpit while flying.

1 minute ago, 40plus said:

Wonderful....with all the excellent work being put into the pilots, I'm dreaming of the day we can have them visible in the cockpit while flying.

There is a mod for that already if you want to experience it now.

Great! Terrain rougness was missing in this sim so ppl just taxied outside the runway without difficulty. But I have a question for the team. Would this new physics and visuals of the terrain have any impact on the performance (on the hardware)?

I was happy that the plane took off at the end because I was not serene when it was on the ground. 😄

I was afraid he would break parts. 😬

Edited by No_Face

I am a bit sceptic about these light AA-guns (20/25mm) usefulness due the reason of the short range and effectiveness to critically harm a plane at the distance is so low.

I would like to see instead like calibres 40mm Flak28 and same medium AA-gun counterparts.

Hopefully you will consider to develop also player operated heavy AAA, like 88 mm Flak36 and russian 75 mm. This would be interesting to have to make any meanigful impact and have enjoyable game play for there units.

How is Battle of Normandy coming along? Has it been a year when preorder launched.

Cant wait to fly interdiction with my Tiffy over rainy northern France.

• Upvote 1

Will the 'new " P-39L have a bit more "oomph" because at present they are pretty easy meat for the Luftwaffe?

png-clipart-bell-p-39-airacobra-republic-f-84-thunderjet-united-states-army-air-forces-fighter-aircraft-second-world-war-coraa§a£o-game-fighter-aircraft.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

There is a mod for that already if you want to experience it now.

Tried it...mad respect to the modder but it's not good enough

5 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Will the 'new " P-39L have a bit more "oomph" because at present they are pretty easy meat for the Luftwaffe?

"oomph"??? you do know it IS a P-39 right? 🤣

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, LLv44_Damixu said:

russian 75 mm.

I think the Soviet 85mm ZP obr. 39 was more common by 1942 as the designated replacement of the old 76.2mm ZP obr. 38

1 hour ago, jokerBR said:

New terrain will help new FiF or BA/BS missions on FC where you must land to capture/rescue people. 

Uhm, that looked like the Kuban map which has solid ground. Need to see it on Rhineland or Arras which is soggy ground.

40 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Clearly, I and other P-39 jockeys haven't flown our beloved bird enough to leave an impression 🤔 🤣

1 hour ago, LLv44_Damixu said:

I am a bit sceptic about these light AA-guns (20/25mm) usefulness due the reason of the short range and effectiveness to critically harm a plane at the distance is so low.

I would like to see instead like calibres 40mm Flak28 and same medium AA-gun counterparts.

Hopefully you will consider to develop also player operated heavy AAA, like 88 mm Flak36 and russian 75 mm. This would be interesting to have to make any meanigful impact and have enjoyable game play for there units.

The short range shouldn't be much of an issue as engagements tend to take place at fairly low altitudes in multiplayer, especially ground attack pilots making tree-top bombing runs. As for damage, with enough practice I reckon players will get good at knocking out engines and pilots.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Same question 👀, just made a topic about it today 😅

• Like 1

A big thank you from me (down here in South Africa!) for the manner in which you are continually improving/upgrading this sim!

• Upvote 2

Personally, I'd love to see some player armored cars include in the upcoming Normandy module. :coffee:

M20ScoutCar.jpg

SdKfz234PumaScout.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to U2 forward airbases!  Those long flights, only to have my wingmates turn and head back home after the first waypoint really put a damper on a U2 career.

• Like 1

From me too, another great DD.

There's also that other announcement for those who haven't noticed yet (something with biplanes from an earlier war or so).

Have a nice day.

:salute:

I loved the airplane video in rough terrain.

Excellent to have the new crew visual models.

Is the grass with see in the video the one we have in the game, or the one in the video is denser or different.

Maybe it is an optical telephoto effect.