Terminator AI in Single Player Campaign

Noisemaker

Flew a mission in SP campaign today and after being bounced by a superior number of enemy fighters decided to investigate a little further.  On replaying the mission, using the external enemy view with bomb assist activated, I could clearly see that the the enemy flight was tracking my flight from 60+km away.  If I turned the flight around, the enemy flight adjusted to intercept. No matter what I did, the enemy flight homed in on my flight.  I'm all for action in SP, but this is arcade level crap.  The enemy flights should have their waypoints, just like us, and not be homing in on our flight (Behind friendly lines!).

It's not that the AI is bad. It's the orders given to the enemy planes.

• If they have an attack command pointed at your flight, the AI will find you from anywhere in the map. 
  • If they have a flight path (with low priority) they will fly their patrol and attack you if you get close.

Based on your description (without looking at the files) it sounds like they need to change the commands and assign a patrol path instead of telling the AI to attack you.