Sign in to follow this  
EdwardTheGreat

Relative control on axis for trimm or prop pitch etc.

So as we are going more and more into the finals, I have to make a suggestion that I was hoping would have been mentioned by someone else by now.... but it is still missing (or I havent found it) that I could assign an axis of a joystick ( in this case a xbox controler with analog sticks that I am using for engine management and trim ) to a function like prop pitch and have it going relative, so I can increase and decrease the pitch in a quite convinient way. Same for trimming mixture etc...

I use that in Warthunder and I really miss it here. Have a look there to see what I mean if needed.

Would be nice to get some kind of response if this feature is considered to make it into the game somehow.

I do not like to search for buttons on the keyboard for the most important controls for good reason.

I wish I knew what you were talking about.  I read it twice and still drawing blanks. 

It is a pita... and a secere design issue.

For better understanding:

A Joystick axis will always reset to the center (0) if I use it for elevator trim for example.

I want to have +3% on elevator and set the joystick axis accordingly. when I let the stick go it resets to the default.

Thats why an axis should be available for that and prop and mixture etc... and be able to be used relative.

So I adjust +3 percent slowly until the increment is on 1...2....3 ... and it stays at 3% when I move the stick opposite it should decrease relative.

yes, i know you can setup virtual axis and have your axis relatively control the virtual axis which you then bind to the function. I am just too lazy to go through setting this up. I agree, relative axis control would be nice.

If you wanna set it up yourself, I'm pretty sure the app you want is called "joystick gremlin". Unless you can figure it out in your joystick's native software. I use joystick gremlin to combine both my toe-break axis into one single axis for thrust-forward-and-backwards in elite dangerous. it works flawlessly, so i would expect the same out of creating relative axis control with it.

I happen to bind my trim to a thumbstick on my vkb joystick which can be toggled into a POV hat, so i just switch it to buttons when i'm playing a sim that doesn't have the relative control options like war thunder.