Jump to content

Pilot personalities spotted online


[DBS]Browning
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yank and banker is more of a pure pursuit, if they knew how to lead turn they might actually get somewhere.

 

The Spotter

Has exceptional and rare situational awareness and tactical ability, rarely enters the battle himself, when surrounded with a fairly good squad is the single most dangerous adversary in the virtual sky.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

Yank and banker is more of a pure pursuit, if they knew how to lead turn they might actually get somewhere.

 

The Spotter

Has exceptional and rare situational awareness and tactical ability, rarely enters the battle himself, when surrounded with a fairly good squad is the single most dangerous adversary in the virtual sky.

I know some of them
 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lads, is it strange that I fly the P-47 so much but am clearly a yank-and-banker?

 

Spiral dive is the pizza of evasive maneuvers - I can go for it at anytime.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The career pilot

Recognizable traits:

This pilot is rarely seen in the online arena.  Often times found in coop or single player games.  This pilot is easily identified by their profile saying "playing il2 sturmovik" yet not findable in any server in the dogfights section of the game.

Typically flies:

All aircraft.

 

The crewman

Recognizable traits:

This pilot is always asking you to join them as gunner.  They are often the single individual on any given server that is fighting tanks on the ground and will often complain about dive bombers crashing their planes into them as opposed to "fighting them on the ground"

Typically flies:

The panzer 3/4, Panther, Ferdinand, tiger, Kv1, Sherman, t-34, Su-122, and SU-152.

(typically grounded unless a large bomb drops near by or are thrown up into the air by the terrain)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The unlucky (UL) pilot

Recognizable traits:

Has all the skills necessary to be a good pilot, does everything by the book, looks at tutorials on youtube over and over again, learns about planes but for one reason or another gets shot down all the time.

Typically flies:

Planes that require skill to fly (not your typical Turn n 'burner).

 

Have a nice day.

 

:salute:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Target Drone
Recognizable Traits:
Usually found at altitude flying fat dumb and happy on autolevel. likely has their face buried in a map and wondering if he should have turned left at Albuquerque.
Typically only manouvers once they smell a burning engine, always locks gunner positions.

Common Location:
Between 2-3 km high, and 5-6km from their actual target.
Typically flies:
Whatever carries the largest bomb in the game.

I've been very guilty of this in the past...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

The unlucky (UL) pilot

Recognizable traits:

Has all the skills necessary to be a good pilot, does everything by the book, looks at tutorials on youtube over and over again, learns about planes but for one reason or another gets shot down all the time.

Typically flies:

Planes that require skill to fly (not your typical Turn n 'burner).

 

Yep, this is me. Never lucky all my life.

 

Edit: whats a dunning-kruger?

Edited by Lolrawr
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

The unopposed Attacker

Recognizable traits:

Will usually fly for the bigger Side, select his Route to avoid any Confrontation, usually the long way round, and usually hit hard in the Rear or do a Sneak Attack and Run for Home before the Fighter Screen notices.

Typically flies:

Anything that carries over 500kg of Bombs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

The unopposed Attacker

Recognizable traits:

Will usually fly for the bigger Side, select his Route to avoid any Confrontation, usually the long way round, and usually hit hard in the Rear or do a Sneak Attack and Run for Home before the Fighter Screen notices.

Typically flies:

Anything that carries over 500kg of Bombs.

 

This is exactly what i was trying to do when i first flew online. It failed miserably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
11 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

What other personalities come to mind? 

I supposing that we the rest of the virtual pilots who loves to fly historically realistic air combat but enjoying each successed sortie that you don´t included here, ..are normal pilots?  :scratch_one-s_head::joy:

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll definitely fly tomorrow!

Recognizable traits:

Frequent visitor to the following sections on the forum: skins, mods, mission Editor, screnshoots.

Typically flies:

Black cross Red Stars, Wacom or Huion tablets and Anything related to CS6

 

 

Intrepid Miner

Recognizable traits:

Unrivaled artist when it comes to dig deep smoking craters in every corner of the battlefield regardless of faction

Typically flies:

whatever tries to fly, crawl, navigate but inevitably shatters anyway

 

 

Normal Pilot

Recognizable traits:

Not available at the moment !Everything related to other simulators is CLASSIFIED

Typically flies:

Not available at the moment !Everything related to other simulators is CLASSIFIED

 

Edited by SARFlytitus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

The unopposed Attacker

Recognizable traits:

Will usually fly for the bigger Side, select his Route to avoid any Confrontation, usually the long way round, and usually hit hard in the Rear or do a Sneak Attack and Run for Home before the Fighter Screen notices.

Typically flies:

Anything that carries over 500kg of Bombs.

Corollary to this one:

Barn-Door Closer

Recognizable Traits:

Usually seen orbiting friendly ground targets below 7000 feet, sometimes on the deck.

Favoured prey is the attacker that just hammered the target with all their ordnance and is scooting home. 

Chases anything drawing tracer fire until its dead or they lose sight - to the chagrin of the ground troops they've just abandoned.

Readily forms conga lines following some poor bastard who just wants to bomb helpless ground targets.


Typically flies:

The best' fighter available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ
19 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:


Barn-Door Closer

Recognizable Traits:

Usually seen orbiting friendly ground targets below 7000 feet, sometimes on the deck.

Favoured prey is the attacker that just hammered the target with all their ordnance and is scooting home. 

Chases anything drawing tracer fire until its dead or they lose sight - to the chagrin of the ground troops they've just abandoned.

Readily forms conga lines following some poor bastard who just wants to bomb helpless ground targets.


Typically flies:

The best' fighter available.

 

Since these guy always use the bomb blasts destroying their ground to find targets and never intercept before the bombs can drop, I like to think of them as "$500 fine for not cleaning up after their dog" pilots.

 

2 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

The unopposed Attacker

Recognizable traits:

Will usually fly for the bigger Side, select his Route to avoid any Confrontation, usually the long way round, and usually hit hard in the Rear or do a Sneak Attack and Run for Home before the Fighter Screen notices.

Typically flies:

Anything that carries over 500kg of Bombs.

 

Guilty, but since Allies are usually the outnumbered team and generally don't fly the biggest Allied bomb load plane in the game, I'd rather be known as the the rare(r) variant of the species: "The Sneaky Bastard."  😎

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

III/JG52_Otto_-I-
39 minutes ago, SARFlytitus said:

Normal Pilot

Recognizable traits:

Not available at the moment !Everything related to other simulators is CLASSIFIED

Typically flies:

Not available at the moment !Everything related to other simulators is CLASSIFIED

LoL :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jonathan Livingston Spitfire

Recognisable traits:

More interested in aerobatic or elegant dogfight manoeuvres than in victory. Knows a large number of well timed three-dimensional manoeuvres to keep out of the enemie's gunsight, but which otherwise give no advantages. Claims that they are toying with an opponent unnecessarily long in the name of 'chivalry' and giving it 'a fighting chance'. In reality, is too busy flying to actually get in a good shot. Possibly thinks they are imitating birds, prefers the French spelling of manoeuvres, and uses 'Salut' too much despite not being French.

Typically flies:

Anything that can out-turn but not out-fly an opponent, and which has a weak enough armament that they can't get a kill in a single pass (forcing still more elegant manoeuvres).

Edited by Avimimus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SimilarAnimatedDartfrog-size_restricted.

 

https://gfycat.com/similaranimateddartfrog

 

To contribute to the thread though:
 

The First Gen VR pilot

Recognizable traits:

Could be an excellent pilot, could be crap. Nobody knows because they keep flying through the middle of furballs thinking there's nobody around.

Common Location 

Diving on that one plane he saw in the middle of a 30 plane dogfight. Or on Discord ranting about Reverb G2 shipping.

Typically flies:

Any fighter aircraft

 

Edited by peregrine7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Underdog 

Recognizable traits:

This pilot refuses to fly anything but the least perfoming aircraft available on each map.

Common Location:

In a dogfight with one, preferably two superior aircraft, usually sealclubing them both.

Typically flies:

The weakest fighter available or an attacker/bomber in a fighter role.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Planned It and Bandit Pilot

Recognizable Traits
Flies a ground attack route guaranteed to result in a bandit "meet and greet"

Common Location
Enroute, straight from home base to the target or near big towns and down rivers along the way

Typically Flies
Into the valley of Death

 

Sometimes, I think the bandit "meet and greet" is all I do.  ;)

 

See also: The unopposed Attacker (a.k.a., The Sneaker and Wreaker)

Edited by JimTM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ

The Aims For Roadkill Pilot

 

Recognizable Traits

Rams straight into any opponent plane they can get lined up on.  Somehow lands safely at home airfield with 0% damage and another kill for their stats page.

Is it luck?  Is it netcode? Is it magic extracted from ground-up Pegasus teeth?  The world may never know.

 

Common Location

Anywhere there's a lone enemy pilot and nobody looking.  

 

Typically Flies

Axis single-engine fighters (any model)

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, [DBS]Browning said:

 

The Heavy Breather 

Recognisable Traits 

Not to be confused those who have poor microphone sensitivity; this pilot's heavy breathing comes from the oxygen mask he requires to survive being at the edge of space. 

This pilot has reverse vertigo, feeling nervous at low height, and is obsessed with being the highest plane There is no limit to the height they will go to. 

Common Location 

Either climbing slowly, 80km behind their own lines, or covering the friendly ground targets from 7k up. 

Typically Flies  

P-47, MiG-3, P-51, FW-190

 

 

 

Wait, wait, wait. People actually fly the MiG-3 voluntary in multiplayer? Wow, every day I'm learning something new around here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=EXPEND=CG_Justin

The Aluminum Waster

 

Recognizable Traits

Flies to the same target over and over, alone, regardless of enemy opposition. Typically prefers to be shot down because they can't be bothered with such follies as actually returning to the home base of origin, because its just easier to get a shiny new ship. Wash, rinse, repeat....

 

Common Location

The same target, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.................................

 

Typically Flies

IL-2 or Peshka

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bremspropeller
16 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Guilty, but since Allies are usually the outnumbered team and generally don't fly the biggest Allied bomb load plane in the game, I'd rather be known as the the rare(r) variant of the species: "The Sneaky Bastard." 

 

So YOU're the guy who takes that poor old U-2, loads it up with bombs, exceeding three times the empty-weight, taking off accross the field (generally heading towards the fighter spawn point), hoping you'll eventually lift-off (the earth is round, right?). Needless to say, you're so elated about breaking ground that flying a barrell-roll through that open hangar seems like a good idea.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

 

So YOU're the guy who takes that poor old U-2, loads it up with bombs, exceeding three times the empty-weight, taking off accross the field (generally heading towards the fighter spawn point), hoping you'll eventually lift-off (the earth is round, right?). Needless to say, you're so elated about breaking ground that flying a barrell-roll through that open hangar seems like a good idea.

 

Ha! Speaking of exceeding take-off weights, I feel like I probably did this a few days ago by accident online. Loaded up the U-2 with a heavy load and forgot to reduce the fuel. Boy, was she ever sluggish. I flew to some German troops just as some IL-2s were finishing their ground attack runs. I was: a) surprised I got to the target in the first place in daylight, b) successfully killed a number of targets without being shot down by AA fire. Didn't make it home unfortunately, I think the IL-2s drew the attention of a player in a 109 that ended up shooting me down with relative ease as a target of opportunity. Not sure if he got the IL-2s, but good times!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

So YOU're the guy who takes that poor old U-2, loads it up with bombs, exceeding three times the empty-weight, taking off accross the field

...i feel so seen.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ
7 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

 

So YOU're the guy who takes that poor old U-2, loads it up with bombs, exceeding three times the empty-weight, taking off accross the field (generally heading towards the fighter spawn point), hoping you'll eventually lift-off (the earth is round, right?). Needless to say, you're so elated about breaking ground that flying a barrell-roll through that open hangar seems like a good idea.

 

Nah, that's the  Ti-i-i-ime is on My Side  pilot!  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ShamrockOneFive
13 hours ago, BinakZaino said:

 

Wait, wait, wait. People actually fly the MiG-3 voluntary in multiplayer? Wow, every day I'm learning something new around here.

 

I'll happily do that any day :)

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, JimTM said:

The Planned It and Bandit Pilot

Recognizable Traits
Flies a ground attack route guaranteed to result in a bandit "meet and greet"

Common Location
Enroute, straight from home base to the target or near big towns and down rivers along the way

Typically Flies
Into the valley of Death

 

Sometimes, I think the bandit "meet and greet" is all I do.  ;)

 

See also: The unopposed Attacker (a.k.a., The Sneaker and Wreaker)

Lo, though I fly into the Valley of the Shadow of 30mm HE death, I fear no Axis pilots, for I can always respawn.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SYN_Luftwaffles

The Fuzzy No-Neck

Recognizable Traits
Flies anything with a rear-gunner because they're using Gen 1 VR and too lazy or otherwise unable to check their six

Common Location
Circling friendly bombing targets

Typically Flies
Pe-2, Bf-110

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Peek a Boo

Recognisable Traits

 

This species of player joins a server, then exits immediately after their appearance has been noted in the on-screen HUD messages.  They will then proceed to reconnect and quickly exit again every couple of minutes, in an apparent attempt to surprise and delight the other players.

 

Common Location

 

The lower left corner of your screen

Typically Flies  

 

Never appears to have flown anything

 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

69th_Mobile_BBQ

The "OH THANK GOD IT'S A 1943 PLANESET!""

 

Recignizable traits 

 

Only appears on campaign servers with rotating plane sets when nothing less than the Fw-190 A-3 or G-Model 109s become available. 

 

*Rare variants of the species do participate in '41-'42 planesets by constantly complaining how bad the planes are in chat.  

 

Usually an ace in a 109 G2 - can't fight out of a wet paper bag in a 109 F2.

 

The 'Murica! variant of the species refuses to fly less than the P-38, P-51, P-47 D.28  or the Tempest begrudgingly. (Usually can't keep a P-39 or P-40 motor from blowing just after takeoff).

 

Secretly wishes that they could trade in all the content they bought to complete their collection but, never use, because it's "early war garbage."

 

Common Location(s)

 

Only servers that are running a mission with the planeset that offers "1943 or beyond planes"

In chat complaining about early-war planesets.  

Absolutely nowhere until "OH THANK GOD IT'S A 1943 PLANESET!"  Then there's a server flood.

 

Typically Flies

 

DCS when the servers are not running an "OH THANK GOD IT'S 1943!"  planeset. 

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The "It's only GAIM" pilot aka for fun gamer.

 

Recognizable traits:

Only plays for the fun of it, never bothered to learn anything or integrate into a comunity. He plays whatever he wants however he wants. Usually doesn't give damn.

 

Common Location.

Usually found in the nightmares of hardcore gamers/pilots.

 

Typically Flies:

The wrong plane for the job. He judges planes by looks, because reading stats is not fun, and if its not fun why play? Its only gaim afterall.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Deputy

Recognisable Traits

The Deputy, or Piloticus coverensis, takes as his principle goal the protection of his wingmen and other allies (e.g. bombers and ground attack aircraft) from the enemy. Listed as "Endangered" by the World Warfare Fellowship (WWF), P. coverensis is rarely seen but frequently called upon for support, typically by ground attackers who for the life of them can't understand why "NO ONE IS COVERING ME... HE'S ON MY SIX... I NEED... [explosion, static]."

Common Location

Tilted 45 degrees horizontal, thinking about what it would have been like flying during the world war, looking for allies to save.

Typically Flies

Whatever his wingman is flying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lolrawr said:

The "It's only GAIM" pilot aka for fun gamer.

 

Recognizable traits:

Only plays for the fun of it, never bothered to learn anything or integrate into a comunity. He plays whatever he wants however he wants. Usually doesn't give damn.

 

Common Location.

Usually found in the nightmares of hardcore gamers/pilots.

 

Typically Flies:

The wrong plane for the job. He judges planes by looks, because reading stats is not fun, and if its not fun why play? Its only gaim afterall.

 

There I was. I was getting worried I was not noticed

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even Steven

 

Recognisable Traits


An absolute slave to symmetry and cannot abide two teams of less than equal number.  Spends most of his flight time typing admonitions into the chat to get people to change sides.

 

Common Location

 

A server with 3, 5, 7 or 9 players etc.

 

Typically Flies

 

Typically flies in a left bank while his head is in the keyboard

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...