Jason_Williams

Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka is Officially Released and Available on Steam

Attention Tank Fans!

Our announcement that Tank Crew is  officially released and available on Steam is available to read at the following link. None of this is news to players who already own Tank Crew from the website, but we had to let the rest of the world know its current status and list it on Steam as the requests to buy it on Steam were growing rapidly. 

I want to thank ALL of the Tank Crew Early Access customers because your play testing and comments here in the forum have helped shape TC development and all your bug finding and MP testing has been invaluable. And even more thanks to all of you who have created content for TC by building missions and skins and even some mods and hosting servers. Completion of TC and the state it currently finds itself in would not be possible without your business.  

Tank Crew has turned into a pretty great product and it will continue to benefit from our work on the game engine and we will continue our work on the infantry feature so we can make an even more interesting battlefield. Like all of our products work is never truly "finished" and there will always be bugs to fix or features to improve, but for now,  let's see how other communities react to TC and have some fun blasting away with these steel monsters!  

I also ask that you help any new customers that may come over here from Steam that need help understanding our tanks and how they work and the Great Battles series as a whole. Our community has always been so great with that.

We are hopeful that there will be some positive reviews of TC posted out there by those who enjoy it so we can grow the user base even further..

Thank you again for your support during the Early Access period!

:salute:

Jason 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

Congratulations to the team of developers for their work, hoping that this will continue. :good:

• Upvote 5

You know, watching that video and enjoying the effects of crumbling buildings, makes a guy want to see those effects on all buildings reacting to mg fire, cannon shells, bombs AND heavy tank fire or just smashing right on through.  Maybe it's already there in some capacity but I know the team poured tremendous effort into getting those effects into the sim (on the "tank"map).  *wishes like, super hard*

Thank you for the effort and product and congratulations on the milestone!  😄

• Like 1

In the video trailer the M4 is described to have the 76mm M1 gun but it has the 75 mm M3 gun.

What I really like about this this release and I also know it to be the truth from my experience with this sim since 2014 with this dev team is this:

will continue to benefit from our work on the game engine and we will continue our work on the infantry feature so we can make an even more interesting battlefield. Like all of our products work is never truly "finished" and there will always be bugs to fix or features to improve

Great statement of intent and all of the best Jason and team in your continued quest for excellence.

• Like 1

Perhaps we should all go and give it a thumbs up in the reviews on Steam and say how good it is. That way perhaps more people will buy it and then it will get more development.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DD_Friar said:

Perhaps we should all go and give it a thumbs up in the reviews on Steam and say how good it is. That way perhaps more people will buy it and then it will get more development.

I would wait with it - just yesterday I reported three bugs, two of them were reported before by other players, one of them was game crash.

Edited by 1stCL/rudidlo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ACG_Onebad said:

In the video trailer the M4 is described to have the 76mm M1 gun but it has the 75 mm M3 gun.

Know we know that soviets are cheating😀

Edited by Voidhunger

3 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

I would wait with it - just yesterday I reported three bugs, two of them were reported before by other players, one of them was game crash.

What I think would help a lot in this regard is if there would be a little bit more feedback from the dev team. Even just a few words to indicate that certain issues have been noted and are/will be addressed, or what ever the situation is.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

That's not the way this works.

The product needs to earn a good review in the state it's in, not in the state we want it to become. If the devs want good reviews, they have to make a good product first. 

I really hate this attitude of "buy a mediocre product to encourage the developer to improve it!". No. 

• Upvote 3

2 минуты назад, kalnaren сказал:

No. 

Wrong answer.  Yes.

For all its drawbacks, this is the best tank simulator currently on the market.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyway, those who bought it on the official store cannot put a review on Steam. Problem fixed. 😅

4 hours ago, LachenKrieg said:

What I think would help a lot in this regard is if there would be a little bit more feedback from the dev team. Even just a few words to indicate that certain issues have been noted and are/will be addressed, or what ever the situation is.

At least forum moderators have merged some of my reports with the existing threads. I believe they are interested of feedback from players.

Maybe a misunderstanding from me, but this release is different in what from the thing we already have?

19 minutes ago, DN308 said:

Maybe a misunderstanding from me, but this release is different in what from the thing we already have?

It's now "released"into the wild on Steam.  It's now open to a wider audience than it was during "early access", where we've been able to play with the tanks and maps during development.

Development took that amount of time??? 😱

56 minutes ago, DN308 said:

Development took that amount of time??? 😱

You do realize that IL2 is primarily a flight simulator, right? 

The developers adding tank ground warfare was a huge departure from their normal developmental attention or direction.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

At least forum moderators have merged some of my reports with the existing threads. I believe they are interested of feedback from players.

Well an often talked about problem with these types of situations are that the Devs can sometimes take criticism the wrong way. Your interest in supporting this product before its official release is what gave it a future. Normally any criticisms in the early release stage would be an expected part of the roadmap for improvement, unless the criticism is unwarranted.

In the last several months that I have been here, I can't say I have seen too much in the way of criticisms that were unwarranted. Lets hope it improves.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =5GIAP=Eeafanas said:

Wrong answer.  Yes.

It's not even better than Steel Fury and that game was released 15 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACG_Onebad said:

Then please go play Steel Fury.  Spare us your whining. 😕

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Thad said:

The developers adding tank ground warfare was a huge departure from their normal developmental attention or direction.  :coffee:

barr bear - Imgflip
You do realize that no one should even care about that, since they sold the product and better yet the said product is advertised and sold as a "finished" one, right?

Edited by Goosevich
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goosevich said:

You do realize that no one should even care about that, since they sold the product and better yet the said product is advertised and sold as a "finished" one, right?

I couldn't agree more. People should stop going on about this being a flight SIM as if it is supposed to excuse the efforts made on the Tank SIM. I actually think the Dev's should be quite proud of the achievement considering it got its start with very little in the way of corporate support. But it is now a Flight/Tank, and soon to be infantry combined arms SIM. We should all take note of that.

But I was just curious, what for you would make it a product you would recommend to others?

For me there are number of small issues like inaccuracies in the way some things are modeled, or that you can't access the command menu from the Binocular view. But the major issue for me at the moment is the gun locking when you change positions. As a single player, this is a show stopper. On top of all the keybindings, if I want to switch to the commander for a sec to confirm a target/position, when I get back to the gunner, I have to start all over again while a pack of T34's are raining down hell.

2 hours ago, ACG_Onebad said:

I have never played Steel Fury, so I went and watched a couple YT video's just now from 2017. I have to say, its not that bad for something that was released 15 years ago. But I think that is the operative phrase here, 15 years ago and showing it. There was one graphical aspect in the videos that I could say looked better then what we have in Tank Crew today, objects that get run over like trees and fence posts looked more real. But other then that, it really looked like it was 15 years ago.   

Edited by LachenKrieg
  • Upvote 3

A lot of flyboys  aren't all happy with the planes,DMs,FMs,weapons and visibility. But there are a lot of people that enjoy the sim very much. They are trying to make the best of it instead of writing mile long pages of complaints and tears.How old are you, people? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

8 часов назад, ACG_Onebad сказал:

Is there online?  is the graphics better?  physics?  Are there anti-aircraft guns?  No.  No infantry?  Jason wrote that she would.

• Upvote 1

We had exactly same discussion when the  BOX was released. You are right that the content is lacking and the game feels unfinished, but they will continue to polish, improve the base game over time and as Jason said, they need expand player base for any future larger content. There is no better game right now and im having fun . I know that the game is not perfect , but bitc... around will not help.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Thad said:

Was not my point.

I know it’s a fly sim first, but releasing a sim (a tank sim) some years before the official release makes me wonder why this new announcement. 

Or what could be new in.

And, if considering what you are stating, why developing a tank sim if they are not able to do it? That’s not an excuse in itself. If they would not be able to substain it, they would have not start to work on, right?

Don’t misunderstand me. I really enjoy this sim, even if there are some errors or points of amelioration (like in every sim, not one is perfect). My question was only about this release announcement. I was afraid to have missed an important point of différence compare to what we already have.

12 minutes ago, DN308 said:

I know it’s a fly sim first, but releasing a sim (a tank sim) some years before the official release makes me wonder why this new announcement. 

Tank Crew has followed the pattern established by previous products in the series (over a year in Early Access followed by a release announcement).

For players and potential customers, the "Official Release" is a signal that the product is nearly feature-complete and that the Early Access discount is about to end. It has never meant that the product is entirely new or that development has ceased.

All right. Thanks for this constructive answer that close my questioning 

Personally, what I liked about steel fury was the environment rich in vegetation, there were apparently more worked areas with trenches etc ... 
but again the environment of Kursk etc is not necessarily rich and concentrated in vegetation. 
they are rather vast grounds. 

but I know from experience that the memories remain extraordinary, whereas when we compare them concretely to a new product, we can sometimes realize that the game
 has aged. 

but there are some characteristics of steel fury that I found not so good at the time, such as:
1 : the keys to use the tanks which were poorly thought out and complex "TC seems easier to me"

2 : the voices of the tanker who spoke too much "even if they were nicer than TC"

3 : I couldn't locate the targets on the ground, I felt like I was blind and getting shot from nowhere "

4 : tank models were fine but TC's are much better

5 : damage management on tank armor was not realistic enough on steel fury, which is not the case on TC.

on the other hand I know that recently I have re-tested the T34 vs TIGER game which I had found really extra in the past, compared to my TC experience at the start .., and indeed it was extra but graphically it is outdated compared to TC

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

For players and potential customers, the "Official Release" is a signal that the product is nearly feature-complete and that the Early Access discount is about to end. It has never meant that the product is entirely new or that development has ceased.

I would like note that I'm not complaining and I believe that more players will play this game, more feedback would be delivered to developers.

But in times when I started playing games was usual to release finished games.

10 hours ago, LachenKrieg said:

*snip*

But I was just curious, what for you would make it a product you would recommend to others?

For me there are number of small issues like inaccuracies in the way some things are modeled, or that you can't access the command menu from the Binocular view. But the major issue for me at the moment is the gun locking when you change positions. As a single player, this is a show stopper. On top of all the keybindings, if I want to switch to the commander for a sec to confirm a target/position, when I get back to the gunner, I have to start all over again while a pack of T34's are raining down hell.

*snip*

Basically what you said + :
- a feature complete  campaign/career (not this basic teaser-like "campaigns" we have now) or at least a dynamic campaign that would give replayability
- working interactive tutorials for gameplay itself, and all the tanks with their quirks and features
- a solid pack of single missions with various themes, that could serve as a basis for learning the mission edditor
- more modern mission/scenario editor, even Bohemia Interactive managed to finally make the mission editor that's easy to use
- crew animations, what we have now is below pathetic (as a finished product)
- WORKING AI
- keybinding options/options for tanks specifically with a working search bar
- a GODDAMN compass (i mean seriously, is that too hard? i cant belive we cant just simply throw an azimuth to our platoon mates in multiplayer)
- a servicable UX, intuitiveness is a must, that's why graviteam sim's are a niche within a niche - UX is HORRIBLE
- few multiplayer scenarios, big and small, pvp and pve - that would be nice to play on official server/servers (with and without air component) and that would serve as a benchmark for usermade missions

- users-dev's communication - there is almost none of that
- official realistic roadmap without specific dates, crunching is bad
....and a lot of other stuff i don't have time to write down.

Following the patern of flight sim line is imo a really bad idea, 'specially at that steep price point. That won't expand our beloved niche at all

Oh i almost forgot - cheers to all the corporate bootlickers that b*tch about "b*tching" - ie. constructive criticism. This is why we can't have nice things. Sure i did and do enjoy TC at times, and i was dissatisfied with the speed of bugfixes/updates, and almost complete lack of communication between us-testers and them-developers, but sh*t - early access is an early access. Now that state of affairs have changed, and the game is officialy finished and feature complete - that's unacceptable and never should have been.

22 hours ago, =5GIAP=Eeafanas said:

Wrong answer.  Yes.

Only if you play multiplayer. The AI needs serious work before this is a good single player game. 

• Upvote 1

If you want pretty crew animations,then perhaps you will like First Person Shooters better.No matter what new features will come and no matter how much better the game will be after the release, some people will always complain. 

• Haha 1