Aircraft sounds Kaput!

JG7_X-Man

Note sure what happened after the last patch but the DB engines sound like a high-pitched chain saw now.:(

16 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Note sure what happened after the last patch but the DB engines sound like a high-pitched chain saw now.:(

The Hurricane sounds great though :)

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Haha 1

cardboard_killer
12 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

The Hurricane sounds great though

Hmm, I thtnk it sounds awful at low RPM. The lower throttle and rpm it gets the louder and more insistant it gets; when I first flew it I thought I had the axes switched as it sounded like I was over revving it!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

The Hurricane sounds great though :)

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Well isn't that peachy! :drinks:

I believe maybe the new ....pftftftftf propeller sounds might be drowning it out.

1. However, I am not sure why I can hear running aircraft engines close to me louder than my own engine when my cockpit is open.
  2. The one annoyance is the sound of my pilots ear muscles flexing on every little maneuver. 

Other than that, excellent work on this new patch!

They clearly changed some things. I agree about the Hurricane - I think there is a sound bug where low throttle sounds much louder than high throttle.

BUT I have noticed that now it seems to be no longer possible to hear other planes around you while in mid-air. Previously many aircraft were audible at several hundred metres away. 

I./JG52_Woutwocampe
3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

They clearly changed some things. I agree about the Hurricane - I think there is a sound bug where low throttle sounds much louder than high throttle.

BUT I have noticed that now it seems to be no longer possible to hear other planes around you while in mid-air. Previously many aircraft were audible at several hundred metres away. 

The tempest was so loud you could hear it through time and space. 

I find the sound better how it is now but have only flown the 109 since the last update. Best was when my canopy got broken by Flak shrapnels the sound changed to whisteling wind from the holes and the motor was more audible when you moved your head to them.

The breathing sound from the O2 mask is well done too; but first I was totally surprised what that is.😁

On 11/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, RedKestrel said:

Confirmed, same here.