BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part XVIII

Hello!

There is only a week before the beginning of June. And in June there will come a very important turning point in the development. Until now we've been doing technology, creating the conditions for gameplay and finishing models. In June we'll begin to gather it all together. We'll see all of our highs and lows. By the end of next month we hope to have a stable pre-alpha version of the project. And this of course is a real milestone for us and if it happens it means that we'll make the rest.

Attendance of the forum has increased and we are pleasantly surprised by the growth at this stage. The prevailing thought is that simulators primarily attract the interest of only a small group of fans of the genre. But now we see that the audience of those who follow our news is growing even though we aren???

Thank you for the news it is always nice to know that we the players are important and hope to see the future bright and sunny.

:biggrin:

S!

Nice video and update. Great to hear about the advances in things coming together. Must be very exiting and also a bit stressing to get the pre-alpha up and running. Kind of tells how the decisions made are summing up. But I am positive it will go just fine and team can push forward again :) Have a nice weekend and sunny greetings from the Arctic Circle!

Edited by Flanker35M

Thanks for the video.

Good to have some real life experience and then going back to the drawing table to include it in some way into the game.

A video like this makes me wonder how flights and dogfights must have been to those young guys during WWII. Hardly any experience and just some basic knowledge of keeping the plane in the air and then engaging the enemy high up in the sky.

This real life experience of the dev team reminds me of an interview I saw yesterday; the graphic designers responsible for texturing the fishes, vegetation etc. in the animation movie 'Finding Nemo' were sent to a tropical paradise for scuba diving. Just to get a better understanding of the environment and putting the experience into the movie when back at the office.

Where can I fill out the application form for these kind of jobs?  :rolleyes: 

Very good news.. a Pre Alpha 6 months in.. :lol: I like the moves around 5:59 .....

Excellent video.  I'm impressed that you have taken the care to look at things first hand like this.  I was interested too to see just how much snow can pile up alongside an airstrip.  Would such features make it into the game? 

Thanks for staying loyal to the Friday Update.  With the other updates this week I was hoping for a little something today and you didn't disappoint.  Nice job.  Looking forward to seeing some cool stuff in the weeks to come!!!

Great video! I like how much dedication you guys bring to the game, almost as much as we do!

Just kidding ;-))

Hope the shooting didn't ruin your budget, with the helicopter and all that fancy stuff!

Greatgreatgreat, thanks and have a nice weekend all!

Cool stuff, tried dogfighting like that myself a couple of years ago.

Looked like you where doing it dangerously low though.

This was an excellent idea.Cant imagine how awesome it should had been for the passengers.

Great update, thanks. Had the same thought as Baron about how low the dogfights looked. Not much room for error in case of a stall or something.

MAC

Hey guys, Wow just WOW!!!!  In all honestly this has been the most exciting update to come so far!  I usually am hard to impress when it comes to video's, but this one I caught myself smiling in AWE of those two planes pulling those turns!!!   It really made me feel like you guys are absolutely heading down the right road with your research and attention to detail!  Thank you for taking the time to show us this!!!  Keep up the great work!!!   cant wait to see the updates in the coming months!!  Getting goose bumps!!!

Great update, thanks. Had the same thought as Baron about how low the dogfights looked. Not much room for error in case of a stall or something.

MAC

yes I agree, unfortunately I lost two friends in a YAK-52 crash.  The Plane departed controlled flight during a roll maneuver that was attempted at to low of airspeed.  I honestly was cringing when  saw that video, as they were dog fighting at nearly the same altitude as the friends I lost.  Just goes to show you how experienced those pilots in the video truly were.

This is such a great idea, guys. Like you said in the vid - this is a place where flight sim devs should go more often - though if you gys do this kind of crazy stuff more often I worry about your futures. That was LOW to be pulling those kind of vertical manouevres!

Anyway, really enjoyed the whole thing. Of course the dogfight scenes were great, but  I also enjoyed the look of the Russian landscape in winter (we'll be seeing a lot of that fairly soon) and the short clip of the problem of trying to please fans.

Good luck with the whole thing. So far, to me at least, you're doing a great job in a remarkably short period of time.

yes I agree, unfortunately I lost two friends in a YAK-52 crash.  The Plane departed controlled flight during a roll maneuver that was attempted at to low of airspeed.  I honestly was cringing when  saw that video, as they were dog fighting at nearly the same altitude as the friends I lost.  Just goes to show you how experienced those pilots in the video truly were.

Very sorry to hear that about your friends. About the pilots in the video, maybe experienced, maybe lucky. In any case, I wouldn't recommend such maneuvers that low.

MAC

Nice Update.

Impressed by some maneuvers at low altitude, awesome!

A lot of fun and much adrenaline.

Thanks for your work is a Great video !

It's exciting! 

Hopefully the game will give the thrill you guys had. 

Like the damage model answers, although it seems already covered. Also the Bf-109G-2 update. And like that the Franz is in the game, loved that plane in IL-2 1946.

The planeset is awesome, stuka, il-2, rata, and 109s. 

On a different note: 

Woah, hooves . . . that's heavy. prayers go out to your friends.

I thought about the low alt maneuvers too during the video, even the military sets a hard deck to avoid low altitude shenanigans. But the Yak-52 has great handling. Even with skill, there's that luck factor . . .

Reno had an experienced P-51 pilot lose control . . . 

Thanks guys. The efforts are appreciaed and like everyone else here, I'm really looking forward to see further development.

The video was: