Latency Issues

WWDarkdiz

Hi:

I installed SRS yesterday, Win 10.  It works, all the bindings seem to do what they are supposed to.

However... it is pretty much unusable due to latency, I am hearing my voice in my headset about 500ms (half-second) after speaking.  Anyone have any issues like that?  I have tried all kinds of things in settings on Windows, and in the app itself, different mic, different headset.  Its probably a setting in Win 10 somewhere.  I get similar delays in Discord, but not as bad.  On my iPhone on Discord, the latency is 0, so clearly its a PC Win 10 problem.

Anyone have any miracle suggestions, apart from the liberal application of high explosives?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info QB, was the first thing I tried.  Does it just do it when testing (audio preview)?  I haven't gone on-line with it yet, just set it up yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Darkdiz said:

Thanks for the info QB, was the first thing I tried.  Does it just do it when testing (audio preview)?  I haven't gone on-line with it yet, just set it up yesterday.

No, online you won't hear yourself if you select No Mic Output.

Before going online it is a good idea to run the auto updater for SRS. The SRS app is sometimes altered to include new features that aren't announced in this forum.

• Upvote 1

You nailed it QB, thanks.  Got it so no latency, can you say Windows settings and drivers?  Had a pretty old Realtek driver, updating it really helped, along with getting into the sound settings for the mic and headphones.

Test out perfectly in both Discord and SRS.

Diz

• Like 1