Sign in to follow this  
343KKT_Kintaro

Maddox Games' Stormfighter (1995!)

Interesting, did not know actually anything of Oleg's work before IL-2. Wondering what the man is doing today? He left quite a heritage when he changed the flight simulator world with IL-2.

4 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Interesting, did not know actually anything of Oleg's work before IL-2. Wondering what the man is doing today? He left quite a heritage when he changed the flight simulator world with IL-2.

He spends his days and nights smoking cigarettes, drinking vodka, listening 1980s soviet rock music and arguing with his mama:

No, more seriously, I think he's developing hardware on different domains, stuff related with fishing rods and also his own-designed electronic weapons. here's his official Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/OlegMaddox

• Haha 1

ROFLMAO, laughed so hard, that would had been truly epic real life Joker story 😄

• Haha 1

Yeah I laughed too. At first. And then I thought how sad it was. To be reduced to a rambling wreck, wallowing in Vodka fumes, chain smoking cheap cigarettes and all but forgotten. Except by his mama who obviously has no regard for his talents or body art.

It's only when he turns on the bouncy and cheerful 1980's Soviet rock at the end that you see him almost back to his old self. Positive, inventive and thoughtful.

And you wonder. Is he thinking about creating a really ground breaking WW1 flight simulator?

• Haha 1

That is what developing flight simulators does to you, beware Jason and team.;)

You would not think that to be the same man, he always smoked a lot but that body art is truly dreadful, maybe comes from being such a artistically talented individual in many ways, seems the very best suffer for their art.:unsure:

Maybe he needs to come home, back to this community and give Jason and the gang a hand on their projects, we are all crazy here and have lost the plot a long time ago, I consider it care in the community, nowhere else understands us really, even mamma gave up on most of us long ago.:drink2:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

More old interesting stuff:

An interview with Oleg Maddox, published on October the 29th, 2001, this is three weeks before "IL-2 Sturmovik" was released, when only the demo was playable (yep, the gameplay was partially known thank to the release of a demo in February 2001):

https://web.archive.org/web/20011029124020/http://www.il2sturmovik.com/community/interviews.php

Ilya Shevchenko's personal website on March the 31st, 2001 (this is months before the release of "IL-2 Sturmovik"):

https://web.archive.org/web/20010331022806/http://luthier.stormloader.com/home.html

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro

"Yeah I laughed too. At first. And then I thought how sad it was. To be reduced to a rambling wreck, wallowing in Vodka fumes, chain smoking cheap cigarettes and all but forgotten. Except by his mama who obviously has no regard for his talents or body art.

It's only when he turns on the bouncy and cheerful 1980's Soviet rock at the end that you see him almost back to his old self. Positive, inventive and thoughtful.

And you wonder. Is he thinking about creating a really ground breaking WW1 flight simulator"

I have absolutely the greatest respect for Oleg, for all he has ever done and all he created. Blitz/DW would never have existed without him. He created it. He is my hero. Not only did he create the best flight simulator ever, he also gave away endless free updates to the game. He gave away content that could have made him a very rich man. He did it because he loved his game. It ended up costing him the game.

I hope my own late night ramblings and drunkenness don't ever become a public spectacle, or leave me open to ridicule. He himself has not been so lucky.

It is a shame if anyone should judge him by this one candidly captured night of excess exposing his most personal and private self on the internet.

(The above video may have been removed)

Edited by major_setback

23 hours ago, major_setback said:

I hope my own late night ramblings and drunkenness don't ever become a public spectacle, or leave me open to ridicule. He himself has not been so lucky.

It is a shame if anyone should judge him by this one candidly captured night of excess exposing his most personal and private self on the internet.

(The above video may have been removed)

This guy in this video is not Oleg Maddox.

PS: I admire the real Oleg Maddox as well.