Sign in to follow this  
Lubidius

Starting a new online squadron, 61 ShAP

I guess you could say, I'm restarting it. I have played the IL2 series since the first generation. I was a co-admin on one of the first online virtual wars for the IL2 series, the Virtual Eastern Front (VEF). I think I still see a few droogs from those good old days nearly 20 years ago!!! If anyone has a hankering to fly primarily the IL-2 ground attack aircraft, give me a shout out either as reply here, or by my email which is murdockpeter@gmail.com. We will fly once a week for 2 hours training, late eastern US time, 10PM+. The night may vary, but it will be catering to folks aged similar to myself that can only steal a couple hours a week to fly : ), and who enjoy flying cooperating in formation training and ground attack training with cooperative missions. We'll use a mix of IL2 : 1946 and the IL-2 Great Battles simulators (likely alternating between the two each week). https://61shap.blogspot.com/

My callsign online is Murdock. I hope to re-meet a great many of you old time IL-2 lovers.

Edited by Lubidius

I've shut down the site, no takers. I'll still be on public servers as 61ShAP_Murdock likely.

Edited by Lubidius

Hi, if you fly online and are interested of an excellent ongoing campaign, then I would recommend you to check this out:

You probably know it, but have to say anyway, "Red Army now needs Il-2 pilots like the air it breathes, like the bread it eats. (This forum) now produces one Il-2 pilot a day….It is a mockery of the Red Army….I ask you not to try the government’s patience, and demand more Il-2 pilots. This is my final request."

I was interested of your squadron but the original IL-2 is hard no for me, and still enjoying too much of fighters, yet dreaming of going treetop with IL-2.