Han

Developer Diary 259 - Discussion

6 minutes ago, Han said:
Hello!

Although this crazy sequestered summer of 2020 is coming to an end, life goes on, and our work goes on.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Great job guys!

It's a short dev diary, but there are very many interesting details. I'm excited to see these things become reality.

Very tasty indeed, the C-47 looks gorgeous. Hope we can fly it one day.

On the other hand: Another free campaign for Bodenplatte? Marshal being finished? great news!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Great!

1.jpg.a5100bec945744b639870a21a92ed66c.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Very good! :)

The new fuel system is going to be a new challenge.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

C-47 looks gorgeous. I can't wait to chew it to pieces and knock it out of the sky! 😈

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

A whole lot of great stuff to look forward to in the coming months, the C-47 looks a beauty, good to see it in our virtual skies.:cool:

Thank you very much for the update Han, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Brings a tear to my eye.  :)   Yet another campaign to sink our teeth into....   Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Alls good. Great news on the tempest campaign.

Thank you Han and thank you to your team!

Great news as always and you keep your promises too. I only really hope you lied to us concerning the C-47 only being AI - that would be the

best swindle to us! Still hoping...

• Upvote 1

I'll add my vote for a flyable C-47. Gorgeous airplane.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Thanks for DD today.  The whole BOX series is much more than I expected,  keep up the good, no make that the great work, the whole team has provided us in the last few years, and the years to come:salute:.

Posted (edited)

Additionally, there is some progress towards the completion of the Air Marshal feature which has taken much longer than planned. We’ve also had to build up technical capacity in the field of map production, which is necessary to implement everything planned for the Normandy landscape. And as always improvements to the AI for both aircraft and ground vehicles continue.

[...] deepening the model of aircraft fuel systems is in the research and prototyping stage.

Probably the most interesting pieces of info.

The C47 will be a great addition to the western front, expanding the types of missions that can be built. 

Looking forward to Nvidia's launch of new GPUs so I can get back to flying.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

Again, no mention of the hurricane???

Our graphics artists are working on several aircraft 3D models which are at different stages of completeness: Hurricane

11 minutes ago, smink1701 said:

Or was there?

3D models of several aircraft are at various stages of development - the Hurricane, ...

Now I see why it's been quiet around here... lots going on with BoN. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update, short but a few interesting titbits in there. I’m glad the Hurricane got a mention, (I was getting worried!), fuel system upgrade is cool n the iconic shots of the C47.... beautiful!

Thx Han

See C47 made me happy , hahahah.

News about Marshall are welcome.

Thx for report.

Whoops, missed the Hurricane mention. How embarrassing!

• Haha 1

Lots and lots of good things going on as usual.:)    Thanks for the update Han, have a good weekend!:salute:

C-47, nice!  That's also probably the  most common aircraft in the game that most of us have also been on a real-life flight!

• Upvote 1

It said above

3 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

That C-47 is gorgeous.

improvements in spotting coming. 
looking forward to all this

"Also, as a result of recent discussions in the community, work is underway to improve general aircraft visibility, which we hope will appear to be both realistic and more comfortable for players. This may require more than one future update to fully conquer, but we’ll see."

Thank You!

👍

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update.

Can you please define what precisely "G-6 Late" means?

Does it mean simply new canopy and tall tail? Or does it include all options for actual G-6 - MW50; /AS series etc?

Always liked the G6 AS in the original IL2, one of the few 109s I flew with any regularity.

5 hours ago, smink1701 said:

They mention it is in the 3D model stage

Excuse the ignorance, but what exactly is the "Air Marshal" feature?

• Upvote 2

Maybe my English can confuse myself, but when I read about « map production », does it means what I think it means??? 😁

Does it means, us, missions and campaigns designers, will be able to work and modify the maps???

Improved AI & Visibility, can't wait to see the improvements, this will make me buy & play IL2 BOX products again.

The C47 is really cute, unlike the ugly Ju 52.

7 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

C-47, nice!  That's also probably the  most common aircraft in the game that most of us have also been on a real-life flight!

Interesting point that, you can put me in that group. 👍

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DN308 said:

Maybe my English can confuse myself, but when I read about « map production », does it means what I think it means??? 😁

Does it means, us, missions and campaigns designers, will be able to work and modify the maps???

Almost certainly no :(. He's just talking about what they are doing to make the Normandy map themselves.

• Sad 1

Superb that C-47.

I cross fingers for a nice paratrooper animation with the automatic chute opening cords that then would float from the open door. I know I ask too much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice to see you are still working with the Air Marshal system, features like that should make servers more interesting.

Does anyone mind sharing more information about what the Air Marshal is supposed to be when released?

My group is in dire need of a radar system for BoX for when we do a Channel Front/Normandy campaign but before getting all my hopes up I'd like to know more about the planned features of the system.

Most importantly: is it going to model the curvature of the earth e.g are low flying aircraft going to be spotted later than high contacts?

Is it going to model the delay which plagued radar systems of the period.

Is the radar range going to be based on historical radar positions or is it going to affect all contacts regardless of where they at?

And most importantly - is it also going to be available to use in Kuban which saw significant GC use by each side?

• Confused 1