Sign in to follow this  
Snachito

I think I fried my flight hardware!!

This weekend I got a new desk for my Triple monitor set-up which I am building and in that time I was un-plugging my flight stuff from my Belkin 2.0 Hi-speed USB hub and disconnected the power to it, when re-connecting I accidentally plugged in the wrong power chord to the USB hub with everything from my G940 joystick, Track IR, keyboards and CH Pedals went crazy and I just wasn't fast enough to unplug the USB hub!!

Now my hub doesn't work along with the ch pedals don't work, Track IR doesn't work, keyboards don't work, and the FFB on my G940 doesn't work!! Luckily my computer is okay although my MSFFB2 joystick isn't centering in some sims.

Now I know I need to buy everything, but in the instance of the Track IR do I have to un-install the Natural point drivers, then re=load them when I get a new one or can I just leave them on my computer ready for when I get a new Track IR?

This is an expensive lesson to label my stuff, just the two power chords looked exactly alike and the one I used was the wrong one letting in to much power!!

Have you tried to connect your hardware to a different PC to see if it works there? Worth a try before you spend all the money.

PIrato, unfortunately I tried the Track IR on another computer of mine that is TIR enabled and when I  bring up the Track IR start up page it says device not detected (no lights come on at all and the camera gets HOT), I even went out and bought another 2.0 USB hub, connected everything to it but no response from the track IR, pedals and one of my USB keyboards the scroll and cap lock lights up in the left corner stay on no matter what I press there's no response from the keyboard at all and not even recognizing anything that was plugged in to that USB hub.

Even when I tried connecting the devices directly to the USB connections on my computer there was no recognition. After using pedals and Track IR from almost the beginning when I started on flight sims, it's hard to switch to using a "hand operated rudder" and with no Track IR, dogfighting the enemy with just the hat on the joystick for viewing.......................SUCKS!!!!

I was hoping maybe someone has a magic fix, but I think I'm going to have to hunker down and buy pedals and Track IR for now, keyboards well I can get plenty of those, but the FFB mechanism in my G940 may be fried also!! UGGGHHHHHHH