Han

Game version 4.009 discussion: "Hell Hawks", P-40E in 4K, Velikie Luki summer, Fem pilot

4 minutes ago, Han said:

Dear Friends,

One month has passed since the previous update, and once again we are ready to present you with a new package of innovations and improvements. The main additions in this version are the new campaign Hell Hawks over the Bulge, new free summer map Velikiye Luki, and new single missions for the Bodenplatte aircraft and Tank Crew tanks - now each model of these modules has a single mission designed for it.

We have also added more beauty to our simulator, in several meanings of this word. First, the P-40E-1 Kittyhawk received 4K texturing of the outer model by Martin =ICDP= Catney. And second, U-2VS, Yak-1 series 69 and Yak-1b series 127 now have female crews option! U-2VS this was done in the memory of the 588th Night Light Bomber Aviation Regiment, known under the nickname "Night Witches", and for Yak-1s in the memory of the fighter pilot Lydia Litvyak, the most effective female fighter pilot of World War II.

This update includes a total of 78 points of changes mostly targeted at the two main areas - AI improvements in and the refinement of the recently completed line of player controllable tanks. There are many extremely important changes in this list for other areas of our sim as well. Despite everything that happens in the world this year, our team continues to work on improving the IL-2 Sturmovik game world and keep the fast rate of development.

News on 4.009 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

First!! Awesome job guys!

lol not first

Edited by rowdyb00t
  • Haha 1

Excellent! Time to take a quicky looky at Velikie Luki. 

Talk about unexpected!  On a Monday no less!  Guess I better go read the original post!

Thanks for the update! 

Just bought the two latest campaigns... (the more SP stuff the better). 🙂 

65. Soviet and American pilots won’t be invulnerable when holding a flare gun or a pistol;   I wish I had known about that... ;)   

Good to see the AI getting further refined.  Thank you team.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Oh wow! What a great suprise!

Great stuff! I was wondering whether you'd get it out today. Well done! 👍

Wow unexpected, I thought maybe Thursday or Friday.  On vacation now back in few days.  

Glad to see that RRR information will appear in the HUD, it was the only thing I was missing from having tech chat turned off.

77. The service times for all equipment have been adjusted. Now a service operation takes 2-4 minutes at the default service speed (x1 value set in Mission Editor).
Anyone know what this pertains to? Is this also for RRR?

Thank you for your commitment to making this product even better. Not a small feat considering how awesome it already is. 

Thank you guys so much for making my day by adding missions for Bodenplatte, Career cutscenes, Summer map, Female pilots, and everything else.

Much appreciated🙂.

Salute.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Glad to see that RRR information will appear in the HUD, it was the only thing I was missing from having tech chat turned off.

77. The service times for all equipment have been adjusted. Now a service operation takes 2-4 minutes at the default service speed (x1 value set in Mission Editor).
Anyone know what this pertains to? Is this also for RRR?

Yes the times to RRR were all weird and there was no good explanation on how it worked in the ME. Glad to see they explained it a bit better.

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Velikikie Luki looks great. Always nice to have an extra map.

Although it's smaller than the main maps, it's just large enough to support some serious missions.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

A new map, new outfits and fuel system improvements for tank crew (and hopefully in the future for the aircraft).

Thank you for this unforseen update 😄

Great update. Thanks for the AI fixes.
Took a day off tomorrow, to play Flight Simulator 2020, but now I am not sure what I will boot first....

• Haha 1

New female pilots are great and also the new map. Can't wait for Normandy

Posted (edited)

Nice surprise patch on a Monday! With this and FS2020 dropping on Tuesday, its shaping up to be an epic week in flight sims!

Edited by DBFlyguy

29 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Took a day off tomorrow, to play Flight Simulator 2020, but now I am not sure what I will boot first....

WW2 and flying in combat should always take precedence over civilian site seeing - get your priorities straight man!!!! 😉🤣

Thanks for the update! As always, AI improvement are welcome! - looking forward to the new map too. Kudo's team and keep up the good work. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Han said:

66. MLRS artillery won’t try to shoot at paratroopers;

Okaaay. That would've been... interesting? In theory anyway. Probably quite annoying for mission designers and not as interesting in practice.

Brilliant update, much appreciated and very unexpected!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elem said:

Top hole boys!

Ummm... Ok won't go there.  :lol:

Yes, tomorrow, COVID induced virtual computer sight-seeing begins.... hmmm.....

Jason

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

2020_8_17__19_58_33-1.thumb.jpg.1b0e3afce2ae32f25935f08bf67db12a.jpg2020_8_17__19_50_32-1.thumb.jpg.f40479d7b3c9bc2e9c3d51ce8c9902d5.jpg2020_8_17__19_30_53-1.thumb.jpg.e6ba2baaced99c085f9754497e01aae0.jpg2020_8_17__19_29_38.thumb.jpg.65e78051630dcb6b57824756c16ea417.jpg2020_8_17__19_24_31-1.thumb.jpg.8d3ba5f67e918134727ccd3b091f8600.jpg2020_8_17__19_48_32.thumb.jpg.2d3cbdc40cabd576592b7820dbcc7c5e.jpg2020_8_17__19_46_50.thumb.jpg.ee736f46e15d48ce7bbf66d3eefe9358.jpg2020_8_17__19_46_30.thumb.jpg.8825f19639ab9874187433fca5b88066.jpg

A picture tells a thousand words as they say.

Edited by Aurora_Stealth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Awesome update! So... Any chance for a Ju52 4k skin coming up any time soon? I love flying it but that plane really needs some high res texture love... 

Posted (edited)

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable. Best to make a backup without using the launcher and keeping it in offline mode if you want to have access to your old track recordings. Version 4.007 and 4.008 tracks are still backwards and forwards compatible.

VKRYPJ9.png

Edited by Polybymanus
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Polybymanus said:

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable.

It has always been like that, after an update your tracks become unplayable.

This has been the case since the Rise Of Flight days.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Polybymanus said:

Beware to all those who have yet to update the game, this will render all previous track recordings unplayable. Best to make a backup without using the launcher and keeping it in offline mode if you want to have access to your old track recordings. Version 4.007 and 4.008 tracks are still backwards and forwards compatible.

VKRYPJ9.png

Mmmm I’ve just discovered this. I might just delete all mine as I’ve got quite a few GB worth and most of them are crap as I hit record and think “this is gonna be a great video”, then make a complete balls-up of everything. 

Off to buy the Po2 now anyway...thx

Edited by -=No.66=-AlHo
Comment
  • Upvote 2

I must say I am very impressed with the visuals of Velikiye Luki, could we expect such a retouch of Rhineland after BoN and the Spit XIVe before BoN.

• Upvote 2