DF_Tobruk_GladiatorIITrop_patrol_Single_Mission

DFLion

Fly an early morning patrol over the northern Italian bases at Sidi Barrani. Italian aircraft have been reported in the area. After opening your zip file, place the mission and briefing files in your Single mission file by opening:-

1.Documents

2.Ic Soft Club

3.il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

4.missions

5.Single (place in here)

Go to 'Single missions' in the game, find DF_Tobruk_GladiatorIITrop_patrol single mission, then hit the fly button.

In the parked position adjust your aircraft, turning on the pitot heater, gunsight reticle, adjust your oil radiator to half way and finally turn on your carburetor heat. To save time you can now place your aircraft on autopilot for taxi and takeoff, or proceed manually.

Good luck?

DFLion😎

20200716165606_1.jpg

20200716165149_1.jpg

DF_Tobruk_GladiatorIITrop_patrol.zip

• Like 4

Nice one, Lion.  Glads are bloody slow, aren't they?  And keeping the thing straight without rudder trim is awkward, too.  

You do read about the lilac or purple shade of the desert at dawn - seems it's pretty right.

Thanks DavePro,

The Glad is certainly a lot slower but it is 'a great model of the aircraft' and good to fly in aerial combat. When making these missions, the sun coming up over the desert at dawn is the best time to do it, because of the lighting effects, which are very good as the sun rises - you can feel the heat coming on. 

DFLion

On 8/14/2020 at 1:13 AM, Sokol1 said:

DFLion,

Just curiosity, in your briefing (code) Slides point to

../../screenshots_to_use/20200730163000_1.jpg

How are you Sokol1,

To satisfy your curiosity, I created another file in the in the game files 'screenshots_to_use' (next to screenshots) - when you open up the screenshots on the Tobruk FMB you can't see the actual pics. So I go back into documents file where you can see the pics, select them, then drop them into my "screenshots_to_use' file. All you have to do is select the numbers in the file and you have your pics.

DFLion😎

PS I can remember you from right at the beginning of Oleg Maddox's IL2Sturmovik - very good to see you still very involved 

57 minutes ago, DFLion said:

"To satisfy your curiosity, I created another file in the in the game files 'screenshots_to_use' (next to screenshots) - when you open up the screenshots on the Tobruk FMB you can't see the actual pics. So I go back into documents file where you can see the pics, select them, then drop them into my "screenshots_to_use' file. All you have to do is select the numbers in the file and you have your pics."

Yeah ok, not seeing 'screenshots_to_use' file. Question - Shouldn't these be included in your zipped DL ?

Majority of the Single mission that can be DL from the ATAG site either have the jpg or png slides inside with the briefing or are in a separate folder (screenshots, data, icons.. ect) inside of that DL. 

I'm just trying to dissect and understand your folder and file method. :unsure:

DFLion

Interesting method of customization, but for many "casual" players I seems a no go, since CloD "It's CloD!"😁

- Game still with PrintScreen assigned as default key for take screenshots, a key that for majority of players don't work since CloD day 1. Just introduce a micro pause.

- If player has changed the key, for e.g.  F11 (key not used by the game),  picture is saved in .BMP format, requiring conversion for .JPEG, besides rename.

- If player use Steam default screenshot key (F12), pictures are saved inside a folder in Steam folder difficult to locate.

Then, player have too many steeps and issues to deal for see pictures in missions briefing, that already have a very poor interface.

Ideal is mission maker pack their choose pictures in the mission zip.

Ideal format for pictures for use in FMB is 800x600, and by putting screens that will use for make missions in a new folder inside the unique folder visible for FMB:

Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\"Create a new folder for pictures".

Can see that pictures in FMB briefings.

The method of use Icons folder is too nice but more complicated for casual players install missions, since need create the folder.

This matter is already confuse, due use of Documents folder and "Mission" and "Missions" folder. "It's CloD!" is Murphy Law in their best. 😜

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1