Posted (edited)

The goal of these infographics is to provide a quick-look reference for the most important specs of several aircraft in the sim. I am deliberately not capturing all of the details, opting to focus on the most important specs for easy memorization. I've sized and scaled them to fit on most desktop monitors. Even at a 4:3 aspect ratio, the information will fit neatly. I hope that these infographics prove beneficial to many of the new pilots in this community, and that even experienced pilots might enjoy the aesthetic! All of my infographics are maintained at the following location:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11CK5HtkPAcQgDa4pQhmJKClOUQMkvoTH?usp=sharing

Notes:

• For myself, I put all of the infographics in a folder, set my desktop background to "Slideshow," and then point it to that folder. This keeps them on a rotation so that the specs stay fresh in my head.
  • I am an Allied fighter all the way. That said, the Allied planes are my top priority. We'll see if I ever get around to the German planes.
  • I am very much open to feedback on the design / format / information included. Please let me know if you have any recommendations that you think would support the goals outlined above!

Hawker Tempest Mk.V ser.2

uc?export=download&id=1cX_5G-21KiASN4nwc

Spitfire Mk.IXe

uc?export=download&id=1-coOXKDBv460ZWzIW

P-51D-15 Mustang

uc?export=download&id=14Y08YDTwYUxX-mvhD

P-47D-28 Thunderbolt

uc?export=download&id=1TsEjgdBww-alpP90u

P-38J-25 Lightning

uc?export=download&id=1zGpPXs8k72kDUoo0u

Yakovlev Yak-7b s36

uc?export=download&id=1Ys5Br56_6Evn2mZB6

Edited by -332FG-Eggnog
Adding the Tempest
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

This is super cool, thanks for sharing, especially as a noob Yak pilot.

Why don't you separate each infographic as one image file (within the thread post). That way clicking on them we can actually read the text without having to visit the Drive link.
Also put a text title above each image so it's search indexable! 
Also see ths thread for more important stats to include in the infographics: 

What's next, and why is it the Spitfire IX? 😁

Even though your're an allied only pilot I think you'd win a lot of fans if you priortise some 109s and 190s!

Edited by rogueblade
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rogueblade said:

This is super cool, thanks for sharing, especially as a noob Yak pilot.

Why don't you separate each infographic as one image file (within the thread post). That way clicking on them we can actually read the text without having to visit the Drive link.
Also put a text title above each image so it's search indexable! 

What's next, and why is it the Spitfire IX? 😁

Even though your're an allied only pilot I think you'd win a lot of fans if you priortise some 109s and 190s!

I didn't know I could do the image files individually, I thought the 5MB limit would stop me. But I was able to use the external URLs to prevent that limit, so hopefully this works better! Thanks for the idea.

Spitfire IX is next because I love it lol. I'm doing this firstly for myself, selfish I know, but keeps me motivated. I may do some German ones soon, just so I can better understand my enemy.

Very nice -332FG-Eggnog. I love the style of your infographics.

I have one suggestion for you to consider: Add an arrow to the propeller circle on the front view to show which way the propellers turn. Perhaps have a small gap at the bottom of the circle with a small arrowhead on one side of the gap showing the direction of rotation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Very nice -332FG-Eggnog. I love the style of your infographics.

I have one suggestion for you to consider: Add an arrow to the propeller circle on the front view to show which way the propellers turn. Perhaps have a small gap at the bottom of the circle with a small arrowhead on one side of the gap showing the direction of rotation.

Awesome idea! Simple but informative touch. I'll do it!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -332FG-Eggnog said:

Awesome idea! Simple but informative touch. I'll do it!

The only issue I can think of is how people interpret the view (i.e., front view or rear view). I would say place the arrow assuming a front view (standard) and folks will figure it out.

• Upvote 1

Nice infographics and well summarized. 😉
I myself have airplane cockpit screens where I enter the various information but it's really more messy than you. 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think it's important to add the way to get the optimal values

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

Posted (edited)

I love it!

What about adding the seconds the ammo will last?

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

7 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

I think it's important to add the way to get the optimal values

Can you elaborate on what you mean by that? I guess I'm assuming a certain level of knowing: move throttle to increase manifold pressure, turn water radiator to change water temp... not sure I can talk to what controls you need to use to get there. For that you might be better off referencing the air combat tutorial library. Or maybe I miss your meaning?

7 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

I love it!

What about adding the seconds the ammo will last?

Interesting idea! Only hesitation I have is that I'd probably need to manually go in and test that. Which sounds like kind of a pain for every aircraft in every weapon configuration. Unless you know of somewhere that would tell me?

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2020 at 11:04 AM, JimTM said:

The only issue I can think of is how people interpret the view (i.e., front view or rear view). I would say place the arrow assuming a front view (standard) and folks will figure it out.

My first take was that it was from behind...BUT since the prop arc is a continuous circle and not blanked/segmented where the wings or horizontal stab would obscure it, it's a view from the front. ;)

Edited by busdriver
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -332FG-Eggnog said:

Interesting idea! Only hesitation I have is that I'd probably need to manually go in and test that. Which sounds like kind of a pain for every aircraft in every weapon configuration. Unless you know of somewhere that would tell me?

The idea comes to me from the old IL2 1946.

It was an eye-opener for me! It made me realize how short it was and how to control the trigger and avoid a quick finger running out of ammo in the first dogfight.

There were two third party programs to see all the info from the planes and they were just great: IL2Wingman and IL2 Compare.

You can find both in Mission4Today:

IL2 Wingman

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=333

IL2 Compare

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3985

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nehalemx.planecompare&hl=es

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33280-il2-compare-or-il2-wingman/

Maybe, you can just copy the values from there? I don't know about the technical part.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 1