Sign in to follow this  
Wanderfalke

How to trim your joystick in Windows for FC.

Sadly you cannot trim most of the planes in Flying Circus. For me it means that I cannot fly the Dr.1, Albatros or Pfalz because of the stiffness of my Warthog. It's very hard on my arm, plus I find it more difficult to control the plane wile pushing the stick forward with such force. I found a solution to this problem by trimming my joystick before flight.

If I want to fly the Dr.1 for example, I'll do the following:

1.thumb.png.d47e9b600daf9e22cb7abc38985d539b.png

1. Type "joystick" or "setup USB controllers" in the Windows search bar.

2. Select "setup USB controllers.

2.thumb.png.0a4015d4d20aa69cec35b90f2960a602.png

1. Highlight your joystick.

2. Select Properties.

3.Select Settings in the new menu.

4. Select Calibrate.

5. Go through the calibration process. At the end of the calibration you will be asked to "Verify the Center Point". Do this by pulling the stick straight  BACK  for a certain amount of degrees and press a button on your stick.

3.thumb.png.49d7266304db86fcb96d3683bd55c56c.png

Pulling back on the stick during the final part of the calibration made the center point of the joystick move up.

4.thumb.jpg.6719debb7611a97167be820e297bf932.jpg

In game, the center position moved up as well (to see this, first move your joystick up and down a bit).

For me this is the sweet spot for flying the Dr.1. I got there by trial and error. It all depends on how far you pull the stick back during the final part of the calibration.

I got creative and made little tool that helps me replicate how far I need to pull back on the stick during calibration for each plane.

In case i want to fly a different plane, I calibrate the joystick in less then 10 seconds an start the game, et voila.

Mind you that changing the center point, changes the behavior of the sensitivity. Best is to turn it of and go from there.

It may all be a bit cumbersome, but it is the only way to trim your plane before flight and it gave me al lot of joy and added value to the game.

S!

It is also possible to set a curve for a joystick through external software. 

Yes. An how to guide there:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6497&highlight=XEDOC

The curve is set externally, so should work for any game. Is especially beneficial CloD and Bo'X, due their simplified adjust options.

Latest version of vJoy: https://github.com/jshafer817/vJoy/releases

And,  CloD joystick identification was changed. Is now more complicated - for nothing, because don't solve the USB "Hula-Hula" problem. Instead:

Joystick = ID0
Joystick1 = ID1
Joystick2 = ID2

Now is:

_"brand_"model name"_-41DC2137

This "41DC2137" number varies with computer, in mine is used the above and ABD81779, and every time that Windows enter in sleep mode, swap this numbers in between, despite I have used all "recipes" for turn off USB power save and etc.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Yes. An how to guide there:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6497&highlight=XEDOC

The curve is set externally, so should work for any game. Is especially beneficial CloD and Bo'X, due their simplified adjust options.

Latest version of vJoy: https://github.com/jshafer817/vJoy/releases

Reveal hidden contents

And,  CloD joystick identification was changed. Is now more complicated - for nothing, because don't solve the USB "Hula-Hula" problem. Instead:

Joystick = ID0
Joystick1 = ID1
Joystick2 = ID2

Now is:

_"brand_"model name"_-41DC2137

This "41DC2137" number varies with computer, in mine is used the above and ABD81779, and every time that Windows enter in sleep mode, swap this numbers in between, despite I have used all "recipes" for turn off USB power save and etc.

Holy Jesus... I'm just trying to understand what the man says in the thread. No wonder it didn't work for me the first time.

But I'll get it...sooner or later. Thank you very much for the help all the time. Very nice!

Edit: Just saw your hidden text... lets try it again. Until now I had again no luck; game didn't start/the computer was even hanging up and had to be reset.

Edited by vonGraf