Sign in to follow this  
RaymondSte

La-7

I remember the La-7 in Il-2 Sturmovik 1946.  It appeared to be an impressive aircraft but I don't see it in Il-2 Sturmovik Great Battles.  Would somebody tell me why?  Thanks.

Because there's no eastern front battles represented in the game where the La-7 took part in. They entered service in September 1944, almost a year after the end of the Battle of Kuban, which is the latest the eastern front currently spans in IL-2: GB. If we get a later expansion like Battle of Berlin after Normandy you can expect it to be there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jonttu1 said:

Because there's no eastern front battles represented in the game where the La-7 took part in. They entered service in September 1944, almost a year after the end of the Battle of Kuban, which is the latest the eastern front currently spans in IL-2: GB. If we get a later expansion like Battle of Berlin after Normandy you can expect it to be there.

Thanks.  I figured it had to be something historical but I went to Wikipedia for the La-7 and it didn't say much beyond something about the Baltic front.

Any way.

La7

Yak-3P

Yak-9U

will be a great adition.

9 hours ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

Yak-3P was never fought in the WW2.

then is clear the alternative...

I-153 p 😃

• Upvote 2

On 7/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, RaymondSte said:

I remember the La-7 in Il-2 Sturmovik 1946.  It appeared to be an impressive aircraft but I don't see it in Il-2 Sturmovik Great Battles.  Would somebody tell me why?  Thanks.

I belive we will be able to buy it after BoN, late war DLC is probably easyest thing for them to make next, La7, Yak-3, P-39Q and probably 1944 versions of Il-2 and Pe-2.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:09 AM, CountZero said:

I belive we will be able to buy it after BoN, late war DLC is probably easyest thing for them to make next, La7, Yak-3, P-39Q and probably 1944 versions of Il-2 and Pe-2.

Thank you.