Sign in to follow this  
IckyATLAS

DLSS 2.0

The DLSS antialiasing technique from Nvidia is now in its new 2.0 version. It looks very promising as it offers a good quality antialiasing at nearly double the framerate.

The reports I got are very positive. I was wondering if we would get sometimes this technique integrated in IL2. We have FXAA and MSAA. I understand DLSS 2.0 would be as good but much faster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

How do your 'really' feel about Nvidia? 😁

• Haha 2

Probably best to wait until after the next generation of 3D cards come out and a more open up scaling solution is perfected. 

While it can be very useful in the context of mainstream gaming, combat flight sims are very much an edge case for any resolution effects, especially since we must have the fine detail that DLSS isn't always entirely good at yet. 

Not saying it wouldn't work, but in our case, it needs to be approached with caution. 

I don’t really see how upscaling can equal a native image. In the end that’s all DLSS is. 

On 7/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, SharpeXB said:

I don’t really see how upscaling can equal a native image. In the end that’s all DLSS is. 

Not only equal but it can be better in some instances. It's not just scaling, it's using neural nets to generate the results, which can add in additional details that weren't there in the first place by "predicting" them.

If you look up some some comparison videos you can see what all the hype is about. It's not just another variation of upscaling.

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Not only equal but it can be better in some instances. It's not just scaling, it's using neural nets to generate the results, which can add in additional details that weren't there in the first place by "predicting" them.

If you look up some some comparison videos you can see what all the hype is about. It's not just another variation of upscaling.

I’ll believe marketing hype when I see it... 🤨

34 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

I’ll believe marketing hype when I see it... 🤨

What marketing hype? DLSS has been out there for a while.

DLSS works with only a subset of games that have been used to train the neural net, it is not universal.

DLSS 3.0 is expected to work for all games that have TAA.

1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:

What marketing hype? DLSS has been out there for a while.

DLSS works with only a subset of games that have been used to train the neural net, it is not universal.

DLSS 3.0 is expected to work for all games that have TAA.

It’s just fancy hyped upscaling. That by definition can’t equal a native image. But it can sell graphics cards. The funny thing is no electronics company could get away with claims like that if it was a home theater disc player or something. Saying that upscaling is equal to native. But gamers are suckers for this stuff. Just like Dynamic Super Resolution that will magically turn your 1080p screen into 4K 🤣

TAA would be great because if you combine it with sharpening it looks great, I have that combo in insurgency sandstorm and is smooth and sharp as fck