Sky_Angel-0-

Performance boost?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Since we have a truly lot of planes, dont you consider it is a time to improve performance of the game? I mean we all know that game is better running on single core cpu, than a on the multi threads (like ryzens). We all experience fps drops when more planes are in the battle, together with tanks below I personally experience fps drops to 40 fps, sometimes even 30, which you know in VR is NOT playable anymore.

Lets talk about new update. Which would improve, the game performance for all the users with Ryzens, or basically for all the cpus, where is multithreading and multi core power.

Not everybody have a last i9k or similar. 

Truly not.

I know on monitors the game runs perfectly smooth on average rig. BUT for VR, there are huge demands.... and I gues this game is primarily for VR.

Are there any plans in this field?

I personally would very appreciate focusing on performace, ....much more, than adding new planes, neew maps, new staff....

What the others think?

And please..... please, do not tell me, ....buy an i9k with 2080 Ti..... please not, I cannot accept wasting money, when I know in the code of game is huge room for improving.

Thanks.

Edited by Sky_Angel-0-
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, a better use of modern multicore processors would improve performance. The developers (along with more or less anyone familiar with the relevant technology, and with this particular simulation) know this. You are far from the first person to make the suggestion. Modifying existing code in such a manner is anything but simple - if it was that easy, the developers would have done it years ago. They have limited resources, and are unlikely to be able to fund a complete rewrite of much of the core game engine, as would be ideal, so instead they are doing what they can - which is to make incremental improvements. Performance has improved markedly since it was first released.

And no, this game isn't 'primarily for VR'. Only a small minority of players currently use it. Not that it would matter much either way, regarding the possible performance improvements better multithreading could bring.

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sky_Angel-0- said:

I have VR.

What headset are you running?    Since I don't  "know in the code of game is huge room for improving"  all I can tell you is your cpu is probably not  ideal for running IL2 in VR.

IL2 needs a strong single thread performance so I'd turn off the multi-threading in your Bios and I'd really try to overclock your cpu.  You should be able to get it up around 4Ghz as long as you have good cooler but even then thats not too great for VR.

Your gpu is a 580?  Should be okay.....