=gRiJ=Roman-

The next 3 collector planes .... 2021

Posted (edited)

If you could choose the next collector planes, which 3 would you choose and why?

I will not choose bombers bacause, none has been done this way so far.

I would choose these three from the 3 blocks and brand new planes, not variants and probably plane that can suit the current map scenarios we already have.

1. I-15/153 Tchaika.

Because of the sheer numbers produced at the beginning of the war. It is a must for Barbarossa and Moscow. I wonder how different is the I15 from the I16 besides the wings. Would it take for the Devs as long as a new aircraft or less than a year?

2. Marlet/Wildcat:

Because it is a way to star introducing some planes of the PTO. I am dying for an appetizer!!!

3. Thinking about it ...

This is a difficult choice because we have enough Bf109 and Fw190. I would love the Do17/217 but it IS a bomber...

That's it. I would go for another Italian fighter which had also been in the Russian campaign .... we definitely need more Italian planes in the sim.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 1

Personally, I would rule out anything that doesn't fit in current or soon to be released campaigns  -- otherwise, there really isn't much point if you are a SP campaigner like me... (I mean there are some terrific Italian, Finnish, and Pacific aircraft that I would like, but not too much point in them at this point).

With that in mind, I like the I-15 choice you suggested. I also think an IAR-80/81 would be terrific too. Not sure of the 3rd at this point - but both of those fit nicely into current offerings.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

As i expect we will go to east front 1944-45 in next DLC i think next collectable airplanes would be C-47 and B-25.

Edit: if i could chose 3 that somehow fit in maps we have then: Meteor, Beaufighter and A-26 would be my 3 

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 2

...oh yes! A B-25 of course!!!!!!!! 

Posted (edited)

I would choose:

- A P40 B or C, it was used early over Russia and even if it doesn't fit the rest of the theaters we have in game, it's a famous plane.

- A P47 C, we have a wonderful D (and another D coming soon), an earlier P47 would be very interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they've been used in Russia too.

- A BF 109 G10, it would fit right into the BoN and BoBP theater.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark

Bf 109g10, I-15/153 and the Bristol Beaufighter... Or the nightfighter versions of the Bf 110 and Ju 88's. 

• Like 1

Bomber model Mosquito would make a good addition. Relevant to both Western maps, unique gameplay style for the Allies, carries a strong payload, well documented, and it isn't covered in turrets so it wouldn't take forever to make

• Upvote 2

If I could choose three that would fit into current announced and released battles then;

Seafire L.III and Seafire F.III

These fit into the Battle of Normandy module as there was three fighter squadrons from the Fleet Air Arm equipped with these and taking part in the invasion from shore bases. The type was also used in the BPF/BEF so scratches that itch for the OP. It's Fleet Air Arm so scratches the itch I've got also.

Avenger I and Avenger II

Again these would fit into the Battle of Normandy module as there were three squadrons from the Fleet Air Arm equipped with these and taking part in the invasion from shore bases. The type was also used in the BPF/BEF (and yankee fleets) so scratches that itch for the OP. It's Fleet Air Arm so scratches the itch I've got also. Also you would be nuts not want to experience some torpedo bombing in the sim.

Airco DH.4

Because the Entente could do with an aircraft with a decent bombsight. It's also another RNAS aircraft and one that I loved in Rise of Flight. Continued to be used into 1918 so it is not out of place among the current plane set.

• Like 2

I don't really have any particular preferences, I just hope we will get collector aircraft that bring something new to the game. For example a recon/spotter aircraft (Fw-189, L-5), a radar equipped night fighter (P-61, Bf-110G4, Ju-88G) or a torpedo bomber (Ju-88A17, Ju-188).

Fieseler Fi 156, I would love to use such recon/transport plane.

Dewoitine D.520, it's time to start thinking about a west-front 1940 module.

Supermarine Walrus to carry out pilot rescue flights at sea.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think it all depends on how popular a specific plane is. Is it the jets like the me262/Arado, then I would go for the Meteor, He162 Salamander and maybe the Me163. While the La-9, Macchi C200, P47-M or the Pacific N would also be a nice addition. But these plane should be selected very carefully otherwise it will block the realization of new maps. 

Nightfighters would be great for me, love them, but I do not think they will be that big seller, difficult to make, as we also need the 4mot prey, interaction with the radar guiding and maybe window strips. 

WW1: porting all the RoF planes to FC first, even if they are only AI and 2k. For later the Snipe and the Siemens DIV. 

The Yak3, P63 Kingcobra, La7 I would use this for the next BoX serie, the road to Berlin map 🙂  

edit @alexmarine what so confusing for you. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think it will be something like a 109 G10 (since it's to important for the next expansion). Since they said they would like to get the B-25 flyable at some point this would be my first bet. It could fit in almost every theatre and is at the same time a test if a bomber would sell. The C-47 would be a longterm dream but I don't have much hope that we will see her that soon.

And for my last tip...I don't know. Maybe something like the IAR 80 could be cool.  There is still a ton of options. I would also love to see the Meteor in this sim 😄

I-153, Hs123 and Ju87 B-2.

I would love some recce planes (Storch, Hs126, Fw189) and flyable transports (Dakota/Li-2) as well, but the three above are are sorely missed (by me, anyway!) 😊

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just to help balance out the plane set on MP,

I'd have :

1)   FW189/Hs123

2) Li2 

3) DB3F 

Posted (edited)

At this stage i feel like we need to find a balance for collectors aircraft.

It should not just be any aircraft that we want but we also need to consider if a type is needed for a later Battle Expansion and as such maybe should not be a collectors

(For Example the Bf-109G-10 should probably be saved for a late war scenario like Battle of Berlin etc as its the last Major late war 109 variant not yet added).

So i try to focus on aircraft that i want and that would be important to the existing scenarios/maps without making it harder to create future planesets.

So my top 3 would be these.

1.Macchi C.200 it was the primary fighter for the Italian Expeditionary forces in Russia (Much more numerous then the C.202 in Russia)

and since we are unlikely to get North Africa in the next few years (due to Wings over Tobruk) it would be a perfect choice for a Collectors aircraft as we are unlikely to see it elsewhere.

2.Lagg 3 Series 4-7 (A Earlier Lagg 3 suitable for Moscow, With its more unique Nose armament of 1 ShVAK + 1 UBS + 2 ShKAS) as this is an aircraft that would be a great addition to Moscow and early war scenarios and if they needed a Lagg 3 for another early war Battle like Barbarossa etc they still have the earlier Lagg 3 Series 1-3.

3.Polikarpov I-153 as it was an important Soviet fighter for the early stages of the war and i think a few were still operational during the early stages of Stalingrad.

And similarly to the Lagg-3 if a earlier Eastern front Scenario was added centered around Barbarossa or Leningrad etc then they still have the I-15Bis left to add.

I would prefer to have the IAR 80/81 before all three of these but i feel like the IAR 80/81 might be less likely due to being harder to get enough information on

so i feel like the 3 listed are more likely.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Storch to balance the PO-2 and maybe allow mapmakers to add arty spotting or rescue of downed pilots.

LI-2/DC3 to balance the JU52 in paratrooper dropping and transport.

Typhoon

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Storch to balance the PO-2 and maybe allow mapmakers to add arty spotting or rescue of downed pilots.

LI-2/DC3 to balance the JU52 in paratrooper dropping and transport.

Typhoon

Well the Typhoon is part of the Normandy pack.

So its already on the way.

And we are also getting a AI C-47 as part of Normandy so hopefully that gets made into a Flyable at some point.

But yea getting a German light recce aircraft like the Fi 156 Storch or Focke-Wulf Fw 189 could be fun.

1024px-An_elephant_pulling_a_Supermarine

The Walrus, I mean. Though an elephant DLC might make for some interesting gameplay...

Yeah, I know, there won't be much use for it, even on the Normandy map, and a PBY might be a better choice if the developers ever decide to go amphibious. All the same, the poor old Walrus deserves recognition for its service, and if you've been floating in a liferaft for an hour or two, you will probably think that it's the most beautiful aircraft that Supermarine ever made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Id be happy if they stuck some floats on Auntie Ju. 

• Like 1

Bristol Beaufighter, any Mk

Do-17 or Do-217

Tu-2

A-20G

S! It's been a long time since I last engaged in aerial combat, but I'll be flying again soon (been waiting for a few months now for my new PC parts to arrive here in Ecuador due to the virus! Long story that one)! Since I will finally be dipping my toes in Great Battles I have yet to fly all the awesome aircraft already available so my choices are admittedly not based on experienced in the new arenas, so please bear with me: Though I flew a lot in Ghost Skies back in the day I spent all my free time flying in the Pacific, especially on the ol' Zekes and Wildcats server and really miss carrier operations, so my preferences lean towards the North Atlantic and Martlets, Hellcats, and Corsairs all of which flew with the Royal Navy during the war (and of course Seafires too;-). I know there wouldn't be any carriers available anytime soon, understandably, but it would make things interesting around Norway, Northern England and the Scottish Isles. It may generate some interest in hastening some Pacific dev as well and giving them something to work with as they move forward. 

Of course my real joy back in the"old days" was flying Japanese aircraft, but that just wouldn't make much sense in the current batch of battles and I know how much some pilots just hate learning to fly from a carrier, especially the landings as it does take a lot of practice. Just sayin'. As it is I can't wait to get back in the air in any of the current maps and battles. 

3 planes I would pay extra and would fit in multiple modules:

- Mosquito IV or XVI - because "Cookies", BoBP and BoN

- Ta 152 H1 - because it was there against VVS (1) and 2nd TAF

- A-20 G - because it would fit in BoK, BoBP and BoN

(1) assuming we will get a 44/45 eastern front module "Vistula to Berlin"

• Like 1

Heinkel He 219 Uhu (Eagle-owl) 🤩

P-61 Black Widow 

FW Ta 152 

22 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

The Walrus, I mean. Though an elephant DLC might make for some interesting gameplay...

Yeah, I know, there won't be much use for it, even on the Normandy map, and a PBY might be a better choice if the developers ever decide to go amphibious. All the same, the poor old Walrus deserves recognition for its service, and if you've been floating in a liferaft for an hour or two, you will probably think that it's the most beautiful aircraft that Supermarine ever made.

FYI Walrus (but yet another somewhat off topic response from me)

We have got one here in Australia, rescued from Antarctica and restored.

https://www.airforce.gov.au/sites/default/files/minisite/static/7522/RAAFmuseum/exhibitions/tech_hang/walrus.htm

23 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

27 minutes ago, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

FYI Walrus (but yet another somewhat off topic response from me)

We have got one here in Australia, rescued from Antarctica and restored.

https://www.airforce.gov.au/sites/default/files/minisite/static/7522/RAAFmuseum/exhibitions/tech_hang/walrus.htm

I think I would love one. An earlier scenario might be better for them. In addition to the air sea rescue and anti-submarine work could then also have them doing missions involving gunnery spotting for ships and have them catapult launched from ships. There's one at the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton over here also.

DSCN0110.thumb.JPG.c14dcb2fbcf4312c8c2dd535f89ade05.JPG

11 hours ago, Rafale22 said:

Heinkel He 219 Uhu (Eagle-owl) 🤩

P-61 Black Widow 

FW Ta 152 

😍😍

• Like 1

Biplane pack

I-153 P

Cr-42

Hs-123

Non german/usa/russia pack

IAR-81c

G-55 centauro

D-520 

Anyway, any new about new collect planes will be nice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, 216th_Cat said:

I-153, Hs123 and Ju87 B-2.

I would love some recce planes (Storch, Hs126, Fw189) and flyable transports (Dakota/Li-2) as well, but the three above are are sorely missed (by me, anyway!) 😊

Exactly this!

although a ta-152 or iar80/81 would be very welcome additions as well!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

If I had to go for recce planes or biplanes ...

I would choose:

1. Henschel 123 or 126 or Fw189 Uhu

2. I-15/I-153 (sorry that I choose the same but .... but it is a must in this sim).

3. and a float plane or flying boat. (it is high time to introduce them in the sim).

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

If I had to go for recce planes or blipanes ...

I would choose:

1. Henschel 123 or 126 or Fw189 Uhu

2. I-15/I-153 (sorry that I choose the same but .... but it is a must in this sim).

3. and a float plane or flying boat. (it is high time to introduce them in the sim).

Totally agree with you for the Flying boat ! We must have one, we deserve it 😉

Easy as "the late Russian pack"

Yak-3, Yak-9U (VK-107) La-7 with mod B20

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

Easy as "the late Russian pack"

Yak-3, Yak-9U (VK-107) La-7 with mod B20

They are  most likely being saved for a new Battle expansion though (Battle for Berlin etc).

Since they have no place in any SP map or Campaign.

But im sure we will get them at some point.

Edited by mattebubben

Posted (edited)

Nothing fancy here:

1) Spitfire IX (Early) with c-wing and Merlin 61 (M66 as mod). To have a suitable allied fighter on the BON map for 42-43 scenarios.

2) Ju 87 B-2

3) Boston III

(Expecting a late war eastern front pack after BON)

Edited by 41Sqn_Skipper

On 7/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, AndyJWest said:

I know it was wartime, make do & mend and all that, but surely they could see that the elephant was way to fast for the walrus :biggrin: 

Posted (edited)

Flyable Bomber Pack

Martin B-26 Marauder

Junkers Ju 188 A-2

Ilyushin IL-4

Issued together with some bomber-friendly game improvements:

• Longer range target rendering- at least 5 km more
  • Tunable nav beacon frequencies
  • Historically accurate bombsights
  • Ground radar: Freya/Würzburg/SCR-584/GL Mk. III
  • Additional loadout options-i.e fragmentation bombs, mines, torps etc.

Edited by ATAG_SKUD
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

For my 3, I'd pick planes that saw considerable action in areas covered in the Eastern Front and in Normandy (1944) and Bodenplatte.

There are so many that I'll divide into German/Italian and Russian/Allied

German/Italian:

Macchi 200

Ju-87B-2

Do-217

Russian/Allied:

A-20G

I-153

IL-4

these last 2 we greatly need in this game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pict said:

I know it was wartime, make do & mend and all that, but surely they could see that the elephant was way to fast for the walrus :biggrin: 

I have a suspicion people may have been misinterpreting the photograph. The walrus is designed for catapult launch. The elephant is used to stretch the bungee chord...

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

The elephant is used to stretch the bungee chord...

I though as much, but figured that it might pull the wings off. Incidentally, was the elephant also intended as a payload to be collected after the bungee launch in a sort of perpetual motion great egg race fashion :) 

Edited by Pict