Sign in to follow this  
zippyspeck01

Any changes to AI Player and squadron mate voices?

I am hoping that there will be new player and new AI squadronmate voices.

Of course hoping for repair and improvement of the whole AI communication menu too, but those voices....

I know this might sound to some like an unimportant thing to single out for it's own thread, but for me as a single player guy if it's the same horrible AI communication, with the same one or two guys flying for the entire RAF like has been the case since 2011, I just don't know if I can handle it.

Any chance? If not with release, is it something genuinely on the team's list? Buying either way, but fingers are crossed!

Thanks and good luck with the release.

PS

I'm sure you have done some work on the AI in various forms, as release approaches it would be cool, particularly for single player folks, if you could  maybe start up some threads/posts highlighting it.

Even if it's not that much, or it's coming after release, a few paragraphs of info regarding what you've discovered since working with the source code in regards AI improvements/plans would be worth as much as months worth of screenshots and videos.

There are new Italian voices for those flying Italian aircraft.

We expect to add French voices after the release.

We may also add Commonwealth voices for those flying Commonwealth Squadrons.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info, appreciate it.

What I'm hoping for, is new voices for the UK - for  Cliffs of Dover as well the expansion of course.

Does "Commonwealth voices for those flying Commonwealth Squadrons" cover that? (apologies if that is a dumb question!).

Thanks -

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:57 PM, zippyspeck01 said:

I know this might sound to some like an unimportant thing to single out for it's own thread, but for me as a single player guy if it's the same horrible AI communication, with the same one or two guys flying for the entire RAF like has been the case since 2011, I just don't know if I can handle it.

In this regard, if SP "league" don't join efforts and make their own "voice MOD"*, little choice of developers do something for improve - I doubt they even understand SP "wishes", since majority of then come from MP. 😜

An example, start the Quick Mission - Cross Country and "ask" Ground Control "Request TakeOff Condition" (TA-7-3), will hear:

read on screen "Wind 90 3 Strip 150 but hear "90 3 150"
???

Then you need "decode" this as " Wind TO 90", 3 (meters per second) and "Strip 150 as runway 15.

But CloD runway don't have number at their ends like modern runways, neither the airdrome - Upavon; have an runway 15 (and the opposite 33), have only 04 and 22.

And, an ideal runway for a Wind blowing (FROM) 270 TO 90 is 09 not 15,  "ground controller" math is wrong by 70º (?)

Opera resume: this last information (Strip) is useless, it would be better if TFS removed that part - if correct the math is complicated matter (as the "It's CloD!" means that fix one thing can broke one... or two). 😁

Now, before you dispirited close the game... open the console (set a key in Options > Controls > Game), and look at the errors reported:

"Wind.ogg" is missing (or something similar.

"Strip.ogg" is missing..

Or, like many other sounds files cases, the needed voice sample for this "communication" was not recorded.

Then rest SP community record new sounds  - in FMB you can choose between 4 voices for a given crew, but for GB was recorded only 2 samples, by the same person, speaking more slow/calm for Actor 2.

What  discourages is the fact that each "Actor" folder has 1300+ samples... but majority (I guess 70% or more) of this voice  samples is that meaningless "dialog" for the (useless) training module and for the uninspired "Cliffs of Dover" campaign, and can by just ignored, few reasons for someone play both modules.

What matter for SP is "Ground controller" directions, numeral, decimal and hundred value and instructions like the above "Wind TO:" If TFS are no able to add 180 in the math used by "ground controller" for inform wind direction, what allow use "Wind FROM:" like RL conventions. 

LIMITATION - game only play .ogg sounds from a index list in some SFS file, no accessible for players, so don't decide to be creative and create better sentences,  game engine will not read.

* This 3rd part "voice MOD" will be erased every time Steam do a "file validation", e.g in a game update, because copy back the "broken originals".

Is required someone of reasonable knowledge of sound recording, because I test recording some speech (using online Text-to-Speach), but even increasing their level in Audacity they result more muffled in game that the already muffled originals speech.

Problem is the issue is "8 or 80", is need change all for have a uniform result (and variation),  or find someone capable of dubbing convincingly the person that record the "originals" for fill the gaps, improve directions voices, what is the biggest issue.

Edited by Sokol1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:39 PM, zzzxxxxzzz said:

Team Fusion hires Sokol!

Soko1 has been offered the opportunity to join TF on several occasions but for his own reasons has not taken us up on those offers.  😉

He would definitely be welcome to join.

• Like 1