Jason_Williams

Discussion of IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk Announcement

Posted (edited)

Hi

I am very happy, as the expansion is almost here, good work.

69,99$ for 40 new aircraft types and variants, new North African map, new units, more precise Flight and damage model, improved graphic and effects, it's a bargain!

Edited by silvergun
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Will there be linking with Steam&Blitz if I buy from the devs site? I have Blitz from Steam, but I’d like to get this one from dev site so Steam won’t take a cut.

You will be able to buy a Steam key from this site and you can activate on Steam. But the product requires both Steam and CLOD:Blitz to run.

Jason

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

This news sure made my day ! 

Instant buy ... IL-2 GB BoN content incoming and now Desrt Wings Tobruk !

much coming this summer ... but BBQ's and travel may have to be postponed anyway !  

BTW I thought Tobruk would never be released b4 the 22 century, glad I was wrong :-) 

• Like 3

I'd also like to know how this integrates with Blitz please.  Does it integrate like the GB series or do I have to launch Blitz if I want to fly on the Channel map and Tobruk for the N. Africa map?   I'm assuming relevant theatre specific aircraft (old and new) will be available across both platforms - is this correct? 

Posted (edited)

Great 😃 !!

20200701_170133.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Wonderful news. These boys have worked so hard right from the beginning of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. They turned a buggy thing with huge potential into one great product. I'm so thankful and proud of them. I can't wait to fly over the Libyan desert in my F4 ....Salute all.  :drinks:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Extra!

Will it be implemented in the IL2 series like BoS, BoM, BoK, BOB etc. or as a standalone?

Edited by AV_Partizan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Will purchase of Tobruk though 1C still require Steam to run it?

EDIT, answered above sorry

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Posted (edited)

It will be part of IL-2 Cliffs Of Dover. It is a totally different sim from BOS BOK BOB et.

Edited by II./JG27_Rich
  • Like 1

Just now, StaB./Tomio_VR*** said:

Comes very late. Too late i'm afraid

It seems to me they could easily have released this a long time ago but then the scope got different ... they wanted to put in so may new planes, boats etc, refine the game engine etc etc

I, personally, am glad they waited until it had become as described (post Jason) and not released early.

Now we can only hope it sells even better than expected and then ... even a VR version would be around the corner !???

• Like 3

S! 

Awesome news!!! Congrats and thank You to all involved!! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

From the Anoucement text:

Combined with the excellent multiplayer environment..

dozens of AI aircraft online simultaneously...

intense and challenging human versus human aerial battles...

and will provide endless hours of entertainment in the company of an established, numerous and dedicated online community....

Not a single word about Single Player content? No Campaign(s)?  Strictly online "Experience" to enjoy at the release date? Really guys...?

Is this the Sim so many of us has waited for years....?  If so, then a huge disappointment from my side and a no by for me, sorry. No thanks.

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

I'd like to have some clarity on what the situation will be for those who choose not to buy TF5. I recall some time ago that it was said that the improvements and changes to the core engine (by which I mean code bug fixes, AI rewrite, environmental & effect changes) would be released to CLOD Blitz users as a patch, rather than a paid for DLC. 

Is this still the case, or is it now predicated on buying Tobruk?

• Upvote 2

Great but where did you guys hide that "Buy me/Add to cart!"-clicky thing in the shop?

• Haha 1

I keep throwing my wallet at my screen and nothing is happening.....please advise.

• Haha 4

I have been patiently waiting & want to buy immeiately, but am I wrong -I can’t do that yet but only get on the “Wish List” from Steam? So far as I can see I can’t actually pre-order yet?

EFFDAA72-EB1F-4B51-8440-938C20527A12.gif

41 minutes ago, simfan2015 said:

even a VR version would be around the corner !???

I can guarantee they would sell at least one extra copy if this game had VR support. Without it however, I would not even buy it for $10.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, No.54_Reddog said:

I'd like to have some clarity on what the situation will be for those who choose not to buy TF5. I recall some time ago that it was said that the improvements and changes to the core engine (by which I mean code bug fixes, AI rewrite, environmental & effect changes) would be released to CLOD Blitz users as a patch, rather than a paid for DLC. 

Is this still the case, or is it now predicated on buying Tobruk?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/63127-tfs-50-tobruk-produkt/?do=findComment&comment=966053

Edited by dazako

1 hour ago, Yardstick said:

I'd also like to know how this integrates with Blitz please.  Does it integrate like the GB series or do I have to launch Blitz if I want to fly on the Channel map and Tobruk for the N. Africa map?   I'm assuming relevant theatre specific aircraft (old and new) will be available across both platforms - is this correct? 

They will both run from the same .exe.

29 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

From the Anoucement text:

Combined with the excellent multiplayer environment..

dozens of AI aircraft online simultaneously...

intense and challenging human versus human aerial battles...

and will provide endless hours of entertainment in the company of an established, numerous and dedicated online community....

Not a single word about Single Player content? No Campaign(s)?  Strictly online "Experience" to enjoy at the release date? Really guys...?

Is this the Sim so many of us has waited for years....?  If so, then a huge dissapointment from my side and no by for me, sorry. No thanks.

We’ve worked on campaigns and single missions too, so don’t worry, you’ll have plenty to do offline. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, El-Djinn said:

I keep throwing my wallet at my screen and nothing is happening.....please advise.

It worked for me. Please make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

We’ve worked on campaigns and single missions too, so don’t worry, you’ll have plenty to do offline. 

Very happy to hear that!

Thanks for all of your hard work Team Fusion! This expansion looks great!

• Like 1

Hahah.. and here's me thinking this was a free upgrade..what a dongy!

Looks good though, still unsure if i will buy t as the user base and clunky GUI is hard to stomach after other IL2 series

3 minutes ago, Wolfpack345 said:

Very happy to hear that!

Thanks for all of your hard work Team Fusion! This expansion looks great!

Thanks mate! By the way, can’t wait for the next installment of your Tank Crew series. It’s the first let’s play series I’ve followed in a long time :salute:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Is this the Sim so many of us has waited for years....?  If so, then a huge dissapointment from my side and no by for me, sorry. No thanks.

No career mode, no campaigns, no VR but on the other hand smashing multiplayer environment (over 100 players). The perfect game for MPs. The vast majority of simulation enthusiasts, namely the SP community, will be disappointed. I cannot hide my deep disappointment, sorry.

Edited by hirondo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, hirondo said:

No career mode, no campaigns, no VR but on the other hand smashing multiplayer environment (over 100 players). The perfect game for MPs. The vast majority of simulation enthusiasts, namely the MP community, will be disappointed. I cannot hide my deep disappointment, sorry.

Numerous campaigns and single missions will be included. SP users will have plenty to do :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Numerous campaigns and single missions will be included. SP users will have plenty to do :)

Looking forward to this. :good:

• Upvote 1

If it speeds up delivery, I'll buy two copies of it with VR implemented.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

a year or two ago, they mentioned that VR was going to be worked on after 5.0 was released.
At the time they mentioned needing 4-6 months to implement.
I'm curious to know whether this means clickable cockpits...

Either way, It's an exciting release, but I will be waiting for the VR implementation before I purchase, as much as I want to support them, VR is the only way I want to fly.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

When will they be included? Or will it take years like the release of the Tobruk module.

• Confused 1

Once you get used to VR is hard to go back to 2D, I sold my Track IR, so as soon as its in VR I will buy it.

Just now, hirondo said:

When will they be included? Or will it take years like the release of the Tobruk module.

It says will be included.

• Upvote 1