BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 64

To all who have been watching how our project evolves and have taken part in the Early Access including those that are labeled as Founders - we are glad to inform you that we’re entering the final stage of development of IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad.

Eighteen months ago in December 2012 we announced the start of a new flight sim project and now you can see what exactly that project is. In February 2013 development started, and six months after that we decided to provide the community an opportunity to support our enterprise via the Founder program. Thus, the game became available for sale in July 2013. It was a bold and peculiar move for us and for flight sim fans as well. We hoped that our adult and mature community would understand the specifics and decide to help us in our courageous endeavor. And many of you did, helping us get to this important point in the development process.

Read more

The next step is the Beta version. Looks like we made it, guys! And congratulations on the V-E day!

Today we give you soviet fighter La-5 for the early access. It's one of the two premium planes in our project. This means that golden Founders and early access owners will be able to try the plane in a few hours, but players with Standard edition already have time to plan purchasing La-5 in future. Both La-5 and Fw 190 A-3 will be available in our store in the end of June.

Please, DO NOT backup your Input folder this time. Older version of Input will not work. Just let the game update everything automatically.

Fan-video by ruNike

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 7

Thanks guys. Also in this version we prepared trimmers and manual prop pitch for German planes.  

P.S. This new technologies just implement but not tuned. So expect some glitches or missing elements.  

• Upvote 8

Thank you guys and good luck through the summer. I bet that means a mission builder?

Since trim is in effect, ay chance to see the HE111 pics in game?

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Good stuff Gents!

Damn, some short night ahead i guess.....

Thanks for the update.

I'm very curious how the La-5 performs and behaves in BoS and if it will replace the Yak-1 as my favorite plane in BoS. :biggrin:

Thank you guys and good luck through the summer. I bet that means a mission builder?

Since trim is in effect, ay chance to see the HE111 pics in game?

He111 not ready yet, asap as always

Note:

Please, DO NOT backup your Input folder this time. Older version of Input will not work. Just let the game update everything automatically.

Great news & congratulations on making it this far. Looking forward to trying the La-5, the trim functions and manual prop pitch for the German planes too. 

Excellent news! Thank you for your hard work! Not too many simulators around these days :)

Congratulations!!! And to us as well. Last VVS plane, trim AND manual CEM for the 109s in one update. I think awesome is too small a word.

Well done all you people working so hard on this truly brilliant flight-sim, as said in another thread I am 50 years old on the 24th of September so it will be a great birthday present, I hope that one day in the future all you clever guys and girls will bring out yet another fantastic combat flight-sim and whatever it is i'll be there.Congratulations.

Sounds positive.  The tweaking and fine tuning always take the most amount of time.  Great to get trim this week.

Note:

Zak does this mean we need a fresh install for todays patch release as the only time i've seen you say not to backup the input is when we need to reinstall?

Otherwise excelent news about the LA5 and manual prop pitch and trim. Congratulations to you guys, BOS is really shaping up to be my prefered sim :biggrin:

Zak does this mean we need a fresh install for todays patch release as the only time i've seen you say not to backup the input is when we need to reinstall?

You don't need to reinstall game today. Just let the game update.

Congratulation. Great and unexpected news.  :) Does it means, that during beta will be SP campaign ready?

Fantastic news.  Congratulations to the team on reaching the Beta milestone too.  Happy Victory Day!

Fantastic news.  Congratulations to the team on reaching the Beta milestone too.  Happy Victory Day!

Thanks! But it's not beta yet. It's almost beta, and we'll announce it when we reach it :)

Thanks for the reply Zak, much appreciated. :)

Awesome news. cannot wait!:)

One question: As usual LA5 will come to MP once FW190 is released?

Excellent new. I hope that the gel will be corrected.

Edited by A-E-Hartmann