IAR 80/81

150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

This is off course a question for the Producer.

We know Han said they want it themself too. We don't know if the Yak-1b budget has been covered with preorders, but it's almost here now, in a few time. Very good planning here.

We also know will not move to the MTO but we'll stay on the ETO, and only later will move to PTO. So we can hope for some more ETO aircrafts for the future like G6 and La-5F....ecc. ecc.

Now.

We know that Romanians where there, so would be nice to provide more immersion ecc. ecc., adding this bird in a reasonable time as a sort of special "Stalingrad DLC", a "Bonus DLC", call it as you prefer.

So, would be possible to brake the rules for this aircraft, giving it "a push", an acceleration in the business plan?

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/03/stuff_eng_iar80.htm

iar80_11.jpg

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 4

Seriously, there was a offical poll what aircraft we are most interested in IAR 80 or Macchi C.202 Folgore because the Devs wanted to add more aircraft after game's release->> http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/729-poll-what-non-german-fighter-would-you-see-il-2-bos/

BTW From where you taken this from what Han said "We know Han said they want it themself too."  Source???? I only remember this offical Poll where we need to choose between the both planes what they want to include next!

BTW From where you taken this from what Han said "We know Han said they want it themself too."  Source????

Here you go from here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7-questions-developers/page-51?do=findComment&comment=399441

serbanescu, on 26 Sept 2016 - 00:42, said: Hi, i am new here and i have a question: Is the Romanian IAR-80 or IAR-81 in plans for future development? Because it can't be the Eastern front without one of the major participants of the fight. It is well-known it played a major role at least in the beggining years when it was constantly defeating I-16s. Instead i'm wondering what does the Italian Macchi have to do with the Eastern Front. Please, consider the IAR-80 too.

Han: We want to do romanian plane, but for now we don't know when.

Edited by Bando

-WILD-AlbinoHA5E

Wow, corsairs in Stalingrad?

That would be nice.

Why doesnt it have inverted gull wings?

So it wouldn't be confused with Stukas.

=362nd_FS=Hiromachi

Which one specifically would you recommend based on the in game periods ? Some early model or later one ? The early ones arent all that impressive even though I really like the look of this thing. Maybe something later like IAR-81C could fit ?

• Upvote 1

Wow, corsairs in Stalingrad?

That would be nice.

Why doesnt it have inverted gull wings?

Just wait for my custom Zekes over Stalingrad campaign!

How much is the Mc202 used? The IAR won't be a better plane than the 109 or 190 and it certainly doesn't hit as hard. The Mc202 is a pretty good plane and it is all 109s Axis side.

The Axis side keeps clamoring for variety but when it is available it is not used.

ShamrockOneFive

Given how similar the IAR80 and 81 series is... They could probably give the 80 and the 81 to us in one plane with different modifications representing each of the different versions. That would make it relevant to Odessa, Stalingrad and we could probably get away with flying the 81c in Kuban (not sure if there were any there... but the Romanian air force was there in a limited capacity as I recall).

How much is the Mc202 used? The IAR won't be a better plane than the 109 or 190 and it certainly doesn't hit as hard. The Mc202 is a pretty good plane and it is all 109s Axis side.

The Axis side keeps clamoring for variety but when it is available it is not used.

You seem to relate the need (or the "wanting to have") of an aircraft by multiplayer standards.

I sometimes check the MP numbers. I believe they are the vast minority in this sim. So people wanting a certain plane will use it in SP.

My thoughts anyway. Every new aircraft can and will be used in PWCG in SP and it will always be a new experience.

ShamrockOneFive

There are people like me who do fly it because it offers variety. And I have seen a fair number of MC.202s while doing that.

I personally use Mc202 a lot online ! And I am not the only one :)

Of course it is less performant than the 109 F4 and G2 .... And it's guns makes it a hard plane to become a "top scorer" .... But some of us do not care about score and like challenge and fun :)

I would very gladly fly an IAR80... Being an underdog is always more rewarding :)

Seriously, there was a offical poll what aircraft we are most interested in IAR 80 or Macchi C.202 Folgore because the Devs wanted to add more aircraft after game's release->>

Unfortunately, back then there was no indication that there will more Russian front expansion and then a move the Pacific instead of the MTO/North Africa. I think if people would've known that back then, the results of the poll would've been quite different and we would have the IAR-80 already. And i would've definately voted for the IAR-80 in that case (in the end i didn't vote for either plane, because i didn't know where this sim was heading).

I think it's a bit sad that the Mc.202 got the pass instead of the IAR-80, considering how completely insignificant the former was for the Russian front, compared to the latter.

I would use it more online if they didnt lock all the mods.

Which one specifically would you recommend based on the in game periods ? Some early model or later one ? The early ones arent all that impressive even though I really like the look of this thing. Maybe something later like IAR-81C could fit ?

Too heavy and sluggish.

Both of these aircraft need a proper online/offline campaign mission setup. At least with IAR it is possible to down enemy quickly, not so with the Macchi (the single reason I`m not interested in it - I don`t buy aircraft that can`t down anything).

Edited by Mac_Messer

ShamrockOneFive

Unfortunately, back then there was no indication that there will more Russian front expansion and then a move the Pacific instead of the MTO/North Africa. I think if people would've known that back then, the results of the poll would've been quite different and we would have the IAR-80 already. And i would've definately voted for the IAR-80 in that case (in the end i didn't vote for either plane, because i didn't know where this sim was heading).

I think it's a bit sad that the Mc.202 got the pass instead of the IAR-80, considering how completely insignificant the former was for the Russian front, compared to the latter.

Jason Williams in the Q&A mentioned that it was possible that two more Collectors Planes would be released between Kuban and Midway. I think he stressed possible but not to be counted on.

So there is possibility. What people most want is another story!

Yep - float Ju52 would get my vote...but I know the Luftmafia wants the G6 for their "Luftwaffe style" of play - whatever f&@% that means.

Jason Williams in the Q&A mentioned that it was possible that two more Collectors Planes would be released between Kuban and Midway.

Yes, but the chance that one of those two possible collector planes will be the IAR-80 is pretty low. Just imagine the uproar if they would make that one instead of the G-6....

I would have voted the IAR80 over the G4, and then give us the G6 as collector's plane, and give people, who do not own BOS the possibility to fly the G2 in the BOK campaign. Just a dream, of course.

ShamrockOneFive

Yes, but the chance that one of those two possible collector planes will be the IAR-80 is pretty low. Just imagine the uproar if they would make that one instead of the G-6....

Perhaps. But Jason did say that originally when he was thinking about the next two that the G-6 nor La-5F were originally part of the thinking. It could just have easily been the MBR-2 that he was thinking of... :)

My point is that there are options and possibilities and one shouldn't assume especially with something so far away and potentially changeable. 

Perhaps. But Jason did say that originally when he was thinking about the next two that the G-6 nor La-5F were originally part of the thinking. It could just have easily been the MBR-2 that he was thinking of... :)

My point is that there are options and possibilities and one shouldn't assume especially with something so far away and potentially changeable. 

I tend to agree, especially that the G6 and La5F are rather different in what they present on the battlefield. As a standard LW-VVS matchup I`d choose G6 - LaGG3S66 and as collector G4 1.42Ata - La5F. Such setup would be best and most useful imo, nonetheless I can understand that there is need for diversity as to make the planeset interesting. As such, buying the Henschel and Spifire for me is a nobrainer even if I will just use them from time to time.

Monostripezebra

It´s a plane I´d really like to see in BoS.. because it fits in historically and gameplay-wise, off course the 109 was the most numerous fighter in the war, but the russians have such a wide selection of different planes and in a game the whole same-old-109-variants-over-and-over could do with some side-spices.

150GCT_Veltro

Problem is not 109, Macchi or IAR.

We need all of them for an immersive experience, and we should need also Macchi 200. Problem is the limited (too much limited?) budget.

IAR should have to be an high priority, but we are talking about money here.

We'll see.......we can't do more than buy everithing as we did, me included.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

Falco_Peregrinus

The C.200 (as the IAR 80-81) would be just awesome, open cockpit and all. And of course, it served in higher numbers compared to the 202. Considering lots of similiarities between the two, I really hope to fly it one day. Don't let be fooled by its radial engine; the Fiat A.74 is always quoted at 840hp; this is because the italian air force in those times didn't state the maximum power of an engine in their normal denominations (this also happened to the DB-601 alfa romeo license built engines, which were rated at 1075hp).
The radial Fiat could let out 960 small horses in WEP mode; coupled with the weight of the aircraft, it meant a plane which could outclimb most of its opponents, bar the Spitfire.

Some changes to the ubiquitos 109s (E,F,G,H,I,J,K,Z); it would be cool to see C.200s and IAR 80s in the skies, battling with I-16s and early laggs.. ohh, dreaming..

CuteKitten94, as far as I remember, yes it should have the same peculiar asymetrical wings; at least on its external shape.

The 200 though had a different air foil used on its wings; it was more prone to G-stalls. The first series were more prone to this, then the wings were modified by Ing. Sergio Stefanutti and this, somehow, solved this problem.

At the same time when the problem was studied, Ing. Mario Castoldi also proposed his modified wings for the C.200, but the wings modified by Stefanutti were chosen already.
The wings modified by Ing. Castoldi were later used in the C.202, showing better general flying envelopes characteristics , they say.

Really love the fat humped 200, as I love ALL radial engined fighters of WW2.

920901-F-1234P-073.JPG

Macchi_M.C.200.jpg

Edited by Falco-Peregrinus

150GCT_Veltro

People is more happy to fly performing aircrafts like G4 or Yak-1, but this could be changed online with more historicall servers and campaigns, as we did in the old IL2: LaGG-3, Rata, Macchi-200, Emil, IAR-80 ecc. ecc., and not only Yak-1 and F-4. We did call them VOW if i'm not wrong. Now we'll have the G4 vs Yak-1b festival.

If we really want the new IL2, we need more aircrafts and more historicall servers and campaigns, but to do it we need more aircafts DLC.

So, here we go again.......what about IAR-80?

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

There is also the wife/girl.exe bug for the players who has a Romanian wife/girlfriend. May be...we could have more chances to fly online with our friends.

.exe What fuc.ing are you doing!!??

I'm flying the IAR over Stalingrad!

.exe What!? What fuc.ing are you doing!!??

IAR? Do you know IAR!!!!!?

.exe No, i don't!

It's a Romanian fighter! I'm fighting over Stalingard with a Romanian fighter!

.exe Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, let me see it.

....please.... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Falco_Peregrinus

hah mi sa che questa la capiamo solo dalle nostre parti  :P

Edited by Falco-Peregrinus

• SYN_Haashashin locked this topic