Sign in to follow this  
gomi

Sometimes i cannot see the speedometer or altimeter because of stick

I cannot see the some gauges because of stick. Sometimes it blocks speedometer or altimeter.

I'd appreciate if you prepare 'Hide stick' or 'Transparent stick' option.

• Haha 2

If you can convince the devs and Jason that WW2 pilots had this option then I'm sure that they'll implement it.

You need to get some kind of head tracker (i.e. ir-track) for monitor, or vr googles. They can be expencieve, but there are cheap versions of booth. That will free your hands for flying, and use your head movement for perspective/seeing.

About hiding the stick, I think the only place it could be hidden in a cockpit is behind the pilot's seat but that creates the problem of not having enough time to bolt it back in place before crashing. 🙂

• Haha 1

Even with TrackIR, I have trouble seeing the airspeed indicator on the P-38. As a solution, I've mapped a button to the "custom" view of the panel which works nicely. Just make sure to increase camera and zoom speed if you want to be able to glance quickly.

• Upvote 1

Why they put it there amazes me. A large notice about aircraft limits where the ASI could go and a repeater compass next to the compass, what drugs were they on??