ATAG_Pattle

New Update - All Confirmed Flyable Desert Aircraft!

Latest Beta images of all confirmed flyable desert war aircraft, coming to the highly anticipated expansion to IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

Not all aircraft shown are complete, with cockpits, external components, special effects and sounds to be finalised by release.

At the end of the video, we have included a full list of all flyable aircraft, including all variants, available in both IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz, which you will need to own in order to play the expansion, along with the outstanding channel and desert war types and variants.

Let us know which of the new aircraft will be the first you will fly when the game is released!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 7

Which ones to fly first, for me tropicalised versions of aircraft spark my interest.

I have my eye in particular on the Tomahawk, never flown one in simulation.

Tropicalised Spitfire Vs , JU88C, Gladiator, and quite fancy being a gunner in a Wellington, the turrets look very well modelled.

Tropicalised  Messerschmitts will also be a joy to fly.

Yes guys from a veteran simulation pilot a hearty well done!

• Like 1

My most probable order of tries:

Martlet
Tomahawk
Dewiotine
C.202
CR.42
Bf-108
Wellington (torpedo run)

• Like 4

Oooooooo!! The Wellington on torpedo runs! Wow! At age 79 I've fallen in love again............ with ALL of these aircraft!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm excited! I can't wait to fly them all!

• Like 1

Wellington. All day and all night.

• Upvote 1

When can we preorder ?

48 minutes ago, radio said:

When can we preorder ?

Originally I don't think 1C had any preorder plans for this title - maybe that's changed but I haven't seen anything saying it has....

That is a very comprehensive selection of aircraft coming our way, really looking forward to actually taking to the air in them.:cool:

Hard to say what I personally want the most, Wellington, D-520 and Bf-108 are quite unique as flyable types and so very welcome additions to the IL-2 brand and

to the flyable line up for me but there are so many great aircraft available to the player that this new module I think has to be top of any purchase list for anyone

interested in this genre.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Great to see pretty much all of the new planes here. Really like the Bf-108 at 4:00

Speaking of which, I read a few months back that the Bf-108 may not make the initial release and may come out in a, like, Patch 5.1.

Is that still the case, or have you guys been able to have the Bf-108 released with all the other planes?

Cheers.

Edited by Novice-Flyer

Did you see that crazy reflector sight in the Dewiotine - how big is that thing!  Wouldn't fancy the chances for my face in the event of a wheels up landing.

I hadn't noticed the new exhaust flames before - nice a subtle.  

Love how those cockpits are modelled - they stand up to or maybe surpass anything else out there.   

What I like the most is the wide variery of planes. Level bombers, a transport (taifun), heavy fighters on both sides.... obsolescent fighters .... it feels "real". 

1 hour ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Great to see pretty much all of the new planes here. Really like the Bf-108 at 4:00

Speaking of which, I read a few months back that the Bf-108 may not make the initial release and may come out in a, like, Patch 5.1.

Is that still the case, or have you guys been able to have the Bf-108 released with all the other planes?

Cheers.

Bf-108 will be available on the release.

The question was whether two players could fly it at the same time so a real two person instructor/student situation... it looks like we won't have the time to code that, but it will be flyable by a single player and there will be training missions for it.  (it will be the advanced trainer... Tiger Moth is the basic trainer)

Posted (edited)

Looks like a winner for me. Bring it on. Not only desert war, looks like we can extend battle of britain far into 1941/42. I like what I see here.

Edited by sevenless

Posted (edited)

Very nice!

Did you manage to fix some of the old intrument glitches we had? Namely in the BR 20 if I remember the artificial horizon had some issues.

Also any chance to see the head movement in the cockpit improved (kind of limited with trackir compared to Il-2 BoS).

Any improvements for the gunners? If I remember correctly the gun wouldn't move when firing.

Can't wait to see some new pilot models.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Ahh, just like a kid in a lollie shop....Hard to say which AC to fly first, as so much hard work and effort has gone into making these AC, and it does show.

Well Done.

2 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

If I remember correctly the gun wouldn't move when firing.

This is not really a issue/bug, but due the fact that in default keys profile left mouse button (typically used for fire gunger MG) is assigned for camera function (hold to zoom), so when pressed for fire MG the camera command don't allow move  cursor. Is  just matter of reassign keys for fix.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ATAG_Pattle said:

Let us know which of the new aircraft will be the first you will fly when the game is released!

All of the Ju 88's!

Nice Pattle and TF!

:salute:

skud

Will start with either the Tomahawk or the Dewoitine.

You really ought not to tease us so.... when we can't preorder......

It is even worse as - these more rapid updates, and the fact that they are on Steam as well, and the fact that it is in Beta... give me hope release will happen before fall.

Posted (edited)

And it would not be possible to put the addon 5.0 Beta on sale now. Now that is done and then those bugs or unfinished work would be compensated by updates or full version 5.0.  We can't stand it anymore and we are happy for what is already done. We want to fly 5.0 :) please.

cz: (používám překladač tak tady je to česky, třeba to někdo dobře přeloží)

A nešlo by, dát už teď do prodeje addon 5.0 Beta . Nyní co je už hotové a pak by se ty chyby nebo nedodělky kompenzovali aktualizacemi anebo až plná verze 5.0. My to už nevydržíme a jsme rádi za to, co už je hotové. My chceme už létat 5.0 :)   prosím.    

Edited by Buffo002

S!

Very nice. I will propably fly the Bf110 first. Grown to like the plane and it looks very nice. C.202 another contender. Will take a bit to fly them all 😄

• Like 1

Beau 1F Trop on low level harbour strikes

• Like 1

I’ve been following the development of TF5.0 over the last couple of months with increasing interest, and I now can’t wait for the release. 

I was all set to take the Tomahawk up for a spin first, and it’s still probably the aircraft I’m most looking forward to flying. But the video reminded me how many cool things are on the way... the CR.42 and Gladiator combo look like great fun for a dogfight, and the Wellington is easily the most ambitious bomber in any modern flight sim and I’m dead keen to give it a go, especially if I can have other human crew in it. 

And I wasn’t expecting to fall for the D.520 quite so much either. 

Basically, the point is there’s a lot of great work represented in the video and I’m keen to get flying. 

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing, looks fantastic. Really like the different variations of the theme music also. 🙂👍 .

Best Regards

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great work Guys !

All these new planes makes me waiting for this Game impatiently...

BUT

...  The Ju-88C  Versions  are the burner for me  !!!    

Together with the Beaufighters and The Blenheim IVF  it is the base for future Battles over sea  of these big, heavy armed twomot fighters.

I love it !!!!!!

Cheers

Doc

PS:  perhaps one fine day we will see in a later game-expansion  (Battle over Biscaya  😉 )  Mosquitos   and Baufighter X  two ?!   That would be really incredible    😁

Edited by Docholiday
  • Like 1

Hi All,  

Thanks for so many positive comments on this update. 

We still have some areas to iron out prior to release, but as you can see, we are getting closer to that point.

Having flown every aircraft when making the video, I can tell you the cockpits are stunning in their detail, and from a landscape view, the different times of the day really change the appearance of the landscape.

The Bf 108 was looking like it would miss release and be one of the first updates post, but the guys dug deep and it will now be available for everyone to fly.  Today I flew it  (too) close to our new Royal Navy battleships. 

1. Don't go near a Royal Navy battleship

2. Their anti-aircraft capabilities are phenomenal and absolutely deadly! The whole front of the aircraft was blown off!

Good luck to all those trying to attack them unless you are in a co-ordinated attack 👍

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Absolute best job of rendering the Tomahawk/ Kittyhawk/ P40 cockpits!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I never doubted that the wait would be worthwhile, but gentlemen, you have surpassed all expectation - a veritable tour de force of how a flight sim should be. Just amazing!

Edited by SquashmanMikeEH
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic stuff. I returned to Cliffs of Dover a few weeks ago and it really is beautiful. One of the things it does really well is sunlight and blue skies, so this new theatre should look amazing.

Dewoitine! Torpedoes! Can't wait!

• Like 1

The cockpits do look great. Can't wait for the day we'll be able to lay our hands on this.

• Like 5