[808_BOB]Dafak-man

Official purchasable skin packs

As much as I hate the idea of MTX, it would be nice if it were possible to buy more official skins for the aircraft presented in the simulator. With each aircraft only having a couple skins available, you get to fly with all of them multiple times and it becomes a bit dull over time. Thus, it would be nice if we could have a bit more diversity for each plane, not all at the same time of course, I know they take time to make, but still, I'd grab more skins any day. 

And yes, I know, there are custom skins out there, but the problem with those is that unless the other players have that same skin, they won't be able to see your plane, which is a bit sad.

yep me too...id buy hats and coasters too if i could, this is the best developer in gaming(flight sim genre) right now so anything i can buy to help with revinue stream count me in.

Posted (edited)

Personally I don't think this would ever happen, not when there are free skins available.

Best thing would be to have contest every now and then or something that way community made skins could be added as an official skin. Would be something to do for fun.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Personally I don't think this would ever happen, not when there are free skins available.

Best thing would be to have contest every now and then or something that way community made skins could be added as an official skin. Would be something to do for fun.

Yes, but at the same time, more revenue for the devs means we might see a speed up in developement time, which might also mean more features and modules for IL-2.

I like the idea, maybe they could even get members of the community to make them, though that would probably be too much of a hassle.

+1 for this. Jason mentioned skin packs in one of the Officers Club posts. 

Custom skins are rather a waste because they’re too difficult to find and download, that whole forum section is a giant mess. And nobody else will see them because odds are they don’t have them installed for the reason above.