Avia Overlay from 72AG_Olega.

72AG_Olega

Air Overlay Course. Version 1.0 (the very first). Decorated. Link to the archive with files under the video. Version features:

1. Currently only works for games running in window mode.

2. Scripts do not have protection from repeated launches yet. We recommend using only the standard interface for the time being. (there is an option to bind the script call AviaOverlayCourse.py directly on the joystick button, but it is better not to do this yet, because there is a huge probability of starting several copies at once (I checked - they work in parallel) and the computer will slow down.

3.Since the program uses loading of the keyboard module, it is possible to violate keyboard mappers, if there are any in the system.

4. This version temporarily uses a "crutch" in the form of the deskpins app.
5. There is no scalability of the interface to higher resolutions Yet. I will do it in the next versions.

Continue work. Over the next month, I plan to:

A. Go to full-screen mode. This will eliminate the need for deskpins, and the main measurement window should be called twice or three times faster.

B. Put icons (mastering the theme).

B. provide protection from re-runs.

D. reduce Interference from the keyboard module to zero. (now it has two options-fixing the deskpins window and fixing the mouse Python module jamb when closing the main window.

Made for priming tabs Shooting and Joystick... on them work will be after full-screen (with this seriously Tinker will have)...

P.S. Many thanks to virpil =SF=Tresher for help in debugging the program!

Translated from Russian to English by Yandex translator.

Avia Overlay Joystick, in the development... the screenshot below

OverlayAviaJoy.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

24.12.20 archive update: added the sight of the Mc.202 aircraft, added silhouettes of aircraft, now there are 14 pieces: Bf-109, Bf-110, Fw-190, He-111, Hs-129, I-16, Il-2, P-39, P-40, Pe-2, Spitfire V, U-88, Yak-1 69 series. For the RAF sight, a second scenario has been added (which was not there). The file "how to change" is attached to the images folder.jpg" how to change the size of images of images. Images from the size_image_medium file.zip optimized to 1/3 of the screen length, from the size_image_small file.zip to 1/3 of the screen height.

1049545597_(howtochange).thumb.jpg.dddca5dadf0a061cc22ba43ba90d4317.jpg

Edited by 72AG_Olega

Very interesting app!

Any chance of implementing the joystick and rudder indicator as a 2D overlap similar to the windows joystick window, but transparent? That would be a great tool for teaching certain maneuvers and tactics. Adding a throttle indicator would be great, too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
72AG_Olega

Yes there is. I'm slowly working on the third part. At first, I did it in python via pygame, just like the previous two, but the fps loss was from 20 to 50, the jerks are very noticeable, which is unacceptable (pygame can only output one window and its update is slow enough for the full-screen size). Then I tried to do it through OpenGL, it can output two windows and more (the window sizes are small only in terms of the size of the slider display area), respectively, the fps loss is less, but still significant, about 15-20, and there are still jerks. Unfortunately, it is not possible to implement window transparency through OpenGL and python. All of the above I'm still doing for the windowed game mode. Displaying an image on top of a full-screen game is possible, but for me it is very difficult (you need to embed images in the render of the game itself). However, I do not give up trying to complete the third part before the end of 2021, at least in order to more or less be used for training in windowed mode with a small loss of fps.

I apologize for the late response. Translated into Russian with the help of Yandex translate.

• Upvote 1

Great respect for your work!

You put a lot of work into it ..

please don't give up.:good:

It's a useful tool ..

• Thanks 1

72AG_Olega
26.12.2020 в 22:46, JG27_PapaFly сказал:

Adding a throttle indicator would be great, too.

Okay, I'll add it. It will be optionally on/off.

• 1 month later...
SJ_Butcher

I always wanted something like this on the main il2, more tools on the map to navigate but looks like your solution fit great my needs, thanks and good job!

• Thanks 1