Sign in to follow this  
Killroy-98

Proper Bombers

I know the devs had said that adding something like a Lancaster or B-17 to the game isn't really possible but IMO we still need a proper Russian bomber, something like the HE 111, the PE-2 dosent really feel like a medium bomber more like a heavy ground attacker or light bomber and the A-20b is a lend lease that also feels more like a ground attacker ( I guess it depends on how you fly it). My suggestions for planes are the IL-4 and/or the YER-2, now the Yer-2 flew at both Moscow and Stalingrad although by the time it got to Stalingrad its numbers were dwindling because its factory had switched production. The IL-4 on the other hand flew on all fronts (maybe not Kuban I'll have to check) and flew long and short missions, I believe this would be a good equal to the HE 111, and a good starting point for more representation of domestic Russian bombers.

PS: Oh and can we please get some actual allied bombers in the future plz :P   

37 minutes ago, Killroy-98 said:

I know the devs had said that adding something like a Lancaster or B-17 to the game isn't really possible but IMO we still need a proper Russian bomber, something like the HE 111, the PE-2 dosent really feel like a medium bomber more like a heavy ground attacker or light bomber and the A-20b is a lend lease that also feels more like a ground attacker ( I guess it depends on how you fly it). My suggestions for planes are the IL-4 and/or the YER-2, now the Yer-2 flew at both Moscow and Stalingrad although by the time it got to Stalingrad its numbers were dwindling because its factory had switched production. The IL-4 on the other hand flew on all fronts (maybe not Kuban I'll have to check) and flew long and short missions, I believe this would be a good equal to the HE 111, and a good starting point for more representation of domestic Russian bombers.

PS: Oh and can we please get some actual allied bombers in the future plz :P   

No idea about the Pe2 but the A-20 is pretty much just an attack aircraft/light bomber hence the A in A-20. For the Allies to have a proper bomber we would need something like the B-26 or B-25. No idea about Russian planes so I wouldn't know what to add for them.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

No idea about the Pe2 but the A-20 is pretty much just an attack aircraft/light bomber hence the A in A-20. For the Allies to have a proper bomber we would need something like the B-26 or B-25. No idea about Russian planes so I wouldn't know what to add for them.

The Il-4 was produced in significant numbers >5000 and is somewhat equivalent to the He-111 as a true medium bomber... it would give the Russians a significantly heavier bomb-load and a torpedo bomber. I would say that it is the highest priority bomber to add.

It is also slow enough to be a target for the Ju-88C (which would struggle to catch the Pe-2 and Tu-2).

The SB-2 bomber is a bit closer to the Pe-2 in performance, and was produced in similar numbers - but a lot of them work lost near the beginning of the war, so their relevance after Moscow is quite reduced.  The Tu-2 is a bit faster and more heavily armed than the Pe-2 but wasn't produced in the same numbers (especially prior to 1945) and is only really relevant after 1942. Only a few dozen Yer-2 served...

Edited by Avimimus
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

Yer 2 was diesel engined long range bombers taking oart on most Berlin bombing from Soviet side DB 3 / IL 4 also had good range and where used in all kind of operations also naval like torpedo runs. 
I been in here since 2012 and asking for the same. No use we get it when or if we get it

• Sad 1