Sign in to follow this  
wikikomoto

Woman pilots!

Hello, I've talked about women pilots in the past, and I'm beyond excited to see them in the game!! But this is apparently only to represent the night witches. Will it be possible to see more female pilots in the future? and for other nations? As a girl myself, the level of immersion would be increased GREATLY by being able to see a fellow lady in the cockpit! 

I've seen a few people comment on how its not "realistic" but i think that line of thought is ridiculous, considering I'M flying the plane, and I'M a woman. so, to me, the pilot being a male is far less realistic in my specific situation. Plus, as any history buff would tell you, women pilots saw service in nearly every nation during the war. 

(honestly I'd even pay money for female pilots as a stand-alone add on) 

• Upvote 2

It’s true that most of the nations in the game (namely the USSR, USA, Britain, and Germany) recruited women as pilots, but the USSR were the only ones to assign them to combat duties.

That said, I can definitely see where you’re coming from when you say that your immersion would be increased by being able to have someone who’s the same gender as you in the cockpit, and in terms of multiplayer it would be less immersion breaking than being strafed by my own teammates right after spawning at their airbase...

• Like 1

Exactly! Plus, if you hear me on comms, you're obviously going to know I'm a girl immediately. And that voice coming from the stock male model seems... far less "historically accurate" to me than letting my sadly high pitched voice come from a woman. 

Also, some of the most fun I ever had in any video game, was rise of flight. having an old-timey photo of myself on my profile, and my own little writeup, and seeing how far I could theoretically get through the great war was an experience that would be so, so much more fun to me with that tiny added level of immersion! 

Posted (edited)

I would like to see this. I fly in Lily/Lidya Litvyak's Yak1 '44'  in the BoS campaigns. Perhaps some female pilots in the career creation page. Only Soviet of course..

How many females, apart from @Wikikimoto, play IL2?

Might encourage a few more to join us in this great sim

9E326EECEC31887058FA35ED9944C9C5EA844806 (1920×1080)

See the source image

Edited by Reggie_Mental
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reggie_Mental said:

I would like to see this. I fly in Lily/Lidya Litvyak's Yak1 '44'  in the BoS campaigns. Perhaps some female pilots in the career creation page. Only Soviet of course..

9E326EECEC31887058FA35ED9944C9C5EA844806 (1920×1080)

See the source image

❤️❤️ 

• Like 1

Women pilots are greatly welcome. Good they start with the PO-2. I hope to see more.

• Like 1