Sign in to follow this  
Trotsky

Battle of Britain

Hey! One question: Are there any plans for the "Battle of Britain?"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotsky said:

Hey! One question: Are there any plans for the "Battle of Britain?"

I answer that for you. Because I know this one. 
no

4 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I answer that for you. Because I know this one. 
no

Ok. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

Ok. Thanks.

It appaerently conflict with Cliffs over Dover territory. 
But my guess is we will have a session with early spit , upcoming Hurricane and early 109 together with JU 87 , JU 88 HE 111 Boston and PE 2 with Blenheim skin. 
so it at least could resemble late 40 and 41

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

47 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

Yes, but Cliffs of Dover is not as good as IL2 Great battles. It's not the same gaming engine. In my opinion, IL2 Great battles is the best flight simulator that exists.

I agree, but the point is BoB has been done, so the Dev team are not going to do it again. CoD is awful. I bought the collectors edition and deleted it within the first hour.

18 minutes ago, Elem said:

I agree, but the point is BoB has been done, so the Dev team are not going to do it again. CoD is awful. I bought the collectors edition and deleted it within the first hour.

That would be a sad... Because honestly the Battle of Britain hasn't been done very well for over a decade. Oh, you can have canned mission Linear campaigns in COD like some first person shooters but nothing dynamic except for maybe Wings Over The Reich. European Airwar had an awesome dynamic campaign. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rodwonder said:

That would be a sad... Because honestly the Battle of Britain hasn't been done very well for over a decade. Oh, you can have canned mission Linear campaigns in COD like some first person shooters but nothing dynamic except for maybe Wings Over The Reich. European Airwar had an awesome dynamic campaign. 

Not sure why there would be a conflict between Blitz and adding early model Spitfires, 109's and 110's to a GB channel map. Main point is that Il-2 GB has a much more user friendly interface AND has VR, not to mention a larger active user base. Certainly I would buy the required aircraft if they were available as GB DLC. Also, Blitz is pretty much stagnant since the future is in the NA theater. Even without a dynamic campaign I feel certain that there would be interest in scripted GB BoB campaign offerings.

2 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

That's all very nice. But please do improve also wind, sea waves and smoke into wind direction for all smokes that are available.

Interesting comment. Guess i've never looked close enough to recognize a deficiency.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been thinking that if the Devs manage with 3 expansions at the same time, BOBP, TC and FC, it is weird that they will engage just one, BON, now.

I smell a rat here ;) they are up to sth .... maybe the secret Karelian/Leningrad Expansion? Or something else?

The leap to aeronaval warfare has to be done asap. Maybe that's it? Malta? Pacific? Mursmank?

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

2 hours ago, Elem said:

I agree. I played once, then I removed it.

21 minutes ago, Trotsky said:

I agree. I played once, then I removed it.

So did I, but I have gone back to Blitz and I love it. I think that it is visually amazing and very immersive. I think it sits very well next to BoX.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

I've been thinking that if the Devs manage with 3 expansions at the same time, BOBP, TC and FC, it is weird that they will engage just one, BON, now.

I smell a rat here ;) they are up to sth .... maybe the secret Karelian/Leningrad Expansion? Or something else?

The leap to aeronaval warfare has to be done asap. Maybe that's it? Malta? Pacific? Mursmank?

Korea... it's coming.

33 minutes ago, sallee said:

So did I, but I have gone back to Blitz and I love it. I think that it is visually amazing and very immersive. I think it sits very well next to BoX.

CLoD, DCS, IL2GB, WoTR, RoF, WoFF, FC, none of them are awful.

They all have good points and bad points.

If you play something once and then bin it, it just shows you can't be arsed to learn.

Edited by Trooper117
  • Like 2

Guys, what would you expect from a project that wasn't finished and abandoned for several years? Thankfully it's different now. Team Fusion has done a great job and CloD is working fine now. Moreover, it's being improved further. Sorry for the offtopic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Korea... it's coming.

CLoD, DCS, IL2GB, WoTR, RoF, WoFF, FC, none of them are awful.

They all have good points and bad points.

If you play something once and then bin it, it just shows you can't be arsed to learn.

I see. It was actually because it constantly crashed and, of course, "once" is an exaggeration. But thank you for your input.

If somebody is interested in BoB there is an Italian server that is trying to do that...

Of course is not 100% accurate (miss a lot of airplanes) but is still the best for BoS.

This is the "trailer"

Or you can play to COD, I really love also that one..

34 minutes ago, sallee said:

I see. It was actually because it constantly crashed and, of course, "once" is an exaggeration. But thank you for your input.

Actually my post was not about you, so my mistake... I had major problems with the game when it first came out, (who didn't) I stuck with it for months but never got it working right.

As with all things, it eventually improved thanks to TF and better computer systems, hardware etc...

Posted (edited)

IMO, tBoB will probably be one of the last Battles that the devs make* because as stated, the game engine can’t, repeat can’t handle large amounts of airplanes, so there’d be hardly any point in making the Battle of Britain when one would be flying a few Spits and Hurries against a formation ~10 and under bombers and fighters.

If you guys want to create your own version of tBoB with later a/c models over the BoN map, go right ahead. But if you want to fly the Actual aircraft, then IL-2 CloD is your best bet.

* I believe the Battle of Britain will be made by the devs after they do the Battle of Finland, and with that a Fiat G-50, Blenheim, and possibly Gladiators and Hurricane Mk.1.

Edited by Novice-Flyer

17 hours ago, Dagwoodyt said:

Interesting comment. Guess i've never looked close enough to recognize a deficiency.

As a pure user I can understand that. But when you create missions and scripted campaigns were you build from scratch entire scenarios you very quickly see all the "behavioral deficiencies" 😔

On 6/12/2020 at 2:59 PM, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Jason did say that doing all three at once was really stretching the team too much and they needed to dial it down a bit because it was not sustainable  (paraphrasing, not his exact words).

I think there is really no secret project, they are probably working hard on Normandy and hopefully there are some surprises such as more detailed map.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 4:40 AM, Novice-Flyer said:

If you guys want to create your own version of tBoB with later a/c models over the BoN map, go right ahead. But if you want to fly the Actual aircraft, then IL-2 CloD is your best bet.

Yes absolutely. Who doesn´t believe that Il-2 GB is at its limit to handle large formations check out this testscen by IckyAtlas here in the thread below. No way BOB like swarms of He 111s attacked by Hurricanes and defended by 109s will be seen in this game engine. Blitz will be the best what you can get for the BoB setting and the upcoming v.5.0 is highly anticipated.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Jason did say that doing all three at once was really stretching the team too much and they needed to dial it down a bit because it was not sustainable  (paraphrasing, not his exact words).

I think there is really no secret project, they are probably working hard on Normandy and hopefully there are some surprises such as more detailed map.

You have a good point there. However, for the good of us I hope you are wrong.  I would like to see more expations soon.

The Karelian/Leningrard map ...? It must be in the final stages. Will it become an expansion? There is a lot of secrecy there.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

On 6/12/2020 at 10:10 PM, sallee said:

Ok. I'll wait for 5.0 and see, but as far as I know CloD has no career campaign system or am I wrong?