Han

Developer Diary 253 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:

Hello Everyone!

Summer has finally come to us, but this is not a reason to relax and slow down - the work continues. Work is going on in many directions at once, especially now, when in the next big update, we will see two major events.

Several aircraft, six in total, both for BON and a Collector’s aircraft, are currently under development.

Creating new aircraft is not the only thing our team is busy with right now.

In parallel with this, work continues on updating the flight crews for all previous projects

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 1

!w_05.jpg.bc372d1aa88736af13b8d66488b60202.jpg

And how about making Yak9/Yak1b skins of Lydia as default one with that pilot model? that would fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 16

Hurricane cockpit looks awesome, cannot wait for the moment we get to fire her up and take to the air.:drinks:

Female pilot model is excellent, amazes me how life like these models look, congratulations to the modellers of all the projects.:cool:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. You guys are just fantastic. In fact, I think you guys are the first developers to ever make a female pilot model in a WW2 game!

I love the WIP pics of the Hurricane here:

!h_03.thumb.jpg.1fed6686d847115345d14dde6ea0139b.jpg

Anyway. I'll be super duper excited for the next update with the Razorback and Ferdinand.

Keep up the Good work everyone!

Salute.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The P-51B, P-47D-22, C-47, Spitfire Mk.XIV, Typhoon Mk.Ib and  Hurricane Mk.II are all on the production line at once, many of them are in a fairly high degree of readiness. 

Fantastic News!

Quick question about the Spitfire XIV:

Will we get the 'C'-type armament of two 20-mm cannon and four 0.303-in (7.7-mm) machine guns or the "E"-type with two 20-mm and the two 0,50 cals? Or even better will we get both as a selectable option in plane config?

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

And how about making Yak9/Yak1b skins of Lydia as default one with that pilot model? that would fit.

We are well aware of Lydia. Maybe someday. For now, not possible.

Jason

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

!w_05.jpg.bc372d1aa88736af13b8d66488b60202.jpg

Would love to have a Lydia model for the Yak! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Why don't you develop at least an italian pilot model? We have 109s italian skins but we don't have a proper pilot to fit in it! Same for the macchi offcourse

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

Guys, do you even sleep? I was impressed by the quality and all the new things that came in the last two patches but now? even more content and fixes. 

Top notch...as always! Long live Great Battles.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good News ! 

Strongly manage the tanks !

Hooray! Night Witches campaign in the future?

I'm glad to see this group of war heroes getting representation.

rufina-gasheva-nataly-meklin-w760.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

Looking forward to the hurricane and even more so the Ferdinand. Always a fan of big badda boom.

Please permit me an awkward question.

So much attention to detail in pilot models. They are truly fantastic but I'm curious as to why.

Am I doing something wrong? I've never seen a pilot in this other than the multi-crew planes. Why is so much excellent work being invested in pilot models when our planes are piloted by ghosts and the adversary is, at most, a torso visible for a split second usually as a lower detail render?

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

Why don't you develop at least an italian pilot model? We have 109s italian skins but we don't have a proper pilot to fit in it! Same for the macchi offcourse

Yes, would be great!

• Upvote 1

No way will anybody be able to shot down a plane with Lydia in it  ( she is to beautiful!!)

4 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Looking forward to the hurricane and even more so the Ferdinand. Always a fan of big badda boom.

So much attention to detail in pilot models. They are truly fantastic but I'm curious as to why.

Am I doing something wrong? I've never seen a pilot in this other than the multi-crew planes. Why is so much excellent work being invested in pilot models when our planes are piloted by ghosts and the adversary is, at most, a torso visible for a split second usually as a lower detail render?

One of the very planes where these female pilot models is most applicable is a two seater.

1 minute ago, unlikely_spider said:

One of the very planes where these female pilot models is most applicable is a two seater.

Totally, my question is more in general. and just percolated to the top after seeing this new model.

• Upvote 1

DD a day sooner than usual, excellent news on many fronts.

I of course bought on pre order the 3 new collector planes, with a big eye on the Hurricane, cockpit looks up to the usual standards by the lads.

Said many times Iam one of many who frets about the AI and it looks like another improvement ,come the next update- hopefully.

First Normandy plane coming and one I wanted, and another vehicle for tank crew plus improvements to the game on the way.

What Novice-Flyer says about a first for a female pilot model in a WWII era computer simulation sounds about right,can't recall any others.

Anyway its been a good week, hopefully the goodies will be here 3 weeks or less. 

Will there be any way to control whether a male or female pilot is used?  I would like to start adding female pilots not just to the PO2 but also other Soviet units.

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Totally, my question is more in general. and just percolated to the top after seeing this new model.

I also imagine that high fidelity models in screenshots (during gameplay as well as these dev diaries) assist in marketing.

Edited by unlikely_spider

2 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Will there be any way to control whether a male or female pilot is used?  I would like to start adding female pilots not just to the PO2 but also other Soviet units.

Only U-2 will have this model of pilot. You buy this plane, you get this pilot model. It is not for universal use in other planes.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Good update! I hope a Thursday DD means your team is taking tomorrow off to rest a little!

Definitely looking forward to the Hurricane and all the different loadouts it comes with.

It seems like the pipeline is full of allied planes, no love for "easier" axis planes like the the G6 or A6? 

What does this mean?

the choice of targets and operational solutions

target acquisition and (?).

Cool new pilot model! 

Other stuff too, especially AI work is appreciated. And Hurricane, nice :salute:

• Upvote 1

Good stuff as usual... can't wait to try out the female pilot!...   ;)  (I mean fly the Po-2 of course under new management)

Wonderful news! The girls are in town. Step up Nadya Popova.

• Like 1

I think the best thing about this dev diary is the mention of moving towards development of the new fuel system and AI. on a side note, am I the only one who doesm't care about pilot models at all? it's not like we ever get to see them.

• Upvote 5

Great job guys.

With everyone flying the PO-2 after the new pilot model change, I can finally have a chance to get an Ace in a flight xD

• Haha 1

Genius news!

The pilot models of the ladies look fantastic and will certainly give you a lot of immersion when you look at them. Will there be female voice commands etc.?  May we also hope that in the coming updates the A-20 gunners and the gunners and crews of the German bombers will also be reworked / upgraded? :)The fuel system sounds extremely exciting, will there be the magic button to check the fuel state? Will it be possible with the rework to calculate API to give the 50. cals a little more "fire"? And will the long awaited drop tanks be on the schedule? 😄

I'm sorry, it's a lot of questions but I'm deeply excited and curious. I also hope/wish that a few bugs will be fixed :)

24 minutes ago, pfrances said:

Have you never looked back at your gunner in the Po-2?

Just now, 69th_Ustio said:

I can finally have a chance to get an Ace in a flight xD

Not if.... 😏

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Not if.... 😏

I hope they release a Rumpler Taube one day, just to see your ace in a flight video for it.

28455B06-DBCE-4629-904D-9882628D237A.jpeg.0eaa164064301686ec1a5cc522032ded.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

btw - it would be good to gather information about italian pilots uniforms/equipment and such things, lets say  in this form section  - so when we will be ready for this - to make all things correct ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 16

13 minutes ago, Elem said:

Have you never looked back at your gunner in the Po-2?

No my neck hurts when I try

26 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Only U-2 will have this model of pilot. You buy this plane, you get this pilot model. It is not for universal use in other planes.

Jason

Will all instances of the U2 have female crews, or would it be selectable by mission maker?

Well it is a "bi" plane after all....

All joking aside....Amazing developments!! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, El-Djinn said:

Well it is a "bi" plane after all....

All joking aside....Amazing developments!! 

Underrated comment

• Upvote 1