Nic727

Plane numbers

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Could it be possible to get numbers on aircraft like this :

Afficher l’image source

Afficher l’image source

It's mostly when looking for friendlies and you want to know in which squadron or which wing number they are.

Also, the fact that external view is not ordering the other planes by numbers, but by nearest plane, would be better when trying to view a specific plane.

Would be simple to add into the game by adding an area on the plane where you can get numbers automatically and in multiplayers use your own number between 1 and 99. And why not add kills marker too in career mode.

s-l300.jpg

Thank you

Edited by Nic727
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Nic727 said:

Could it be possible to get numbers on aircraft like this :

I can only second this. I had several missions, where I tried to follow a squadmate and we circled up to stratosphere, because he was in the flight behind me and tried to follow me.:wacko:

• Upvote 1

I'll settle for correct skins per squadron (wing) to be honest. 

In career mode, groups are often just  a squadron, but if each "group" would have its own specific skin, then you could tell which is your "squadron" and which isn't. if you are a "commander" you could go the tedious route and assigning specific skins for each a/c on each mission. I never figured out a way to do it. I never found the skin for the default skins. Anyway, they have all of these skins for "aces" instead which is weird to use (like wearing another man's underwear, not that I had that experience, but I can imagine it). 

This is possible in 1946 and CloD, but as GB uses a different system, adding this feature would take a lot of time and probably distract from more important matters.

There are historical squadron skin packs available for several aircraft, which you can then use with your wingmen in MP and assign to AI pilots in PWCG. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

Anyway, they have all of these skins for "aces" instead which is weird to use (like wearing another man's underwear, not that I had that experience, but I can imagine it). 

It's a shame the "official" skins are wasted this way. There are even skins for Pacific or Africa, which don't fit the available maps. 

Instead the official skins should contain at least 6-9 generic skins with ascending numbers/letters and the same typical/standard paintscheme. The could be used I the career mode and also in multiplayer formations.

It would be an easy workaround for the engine limitation.

Edited by 41Sqn_Skipper
  • Upvote 1

This is a good idea. There must be also possibility to select which part of the plane those tactical numbers are coming: nose, fuselage or rudder. There are different styles of those markings depending on the country. There must be also possibility (to skinners) to make or edit those numbers with the correct fonts.