Han

Game version 4.007 discussion: Ju 87 D-3 in 4K, new options and camera controls, control rods DM and ect.

1 minute ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

We've decided to release the new update 4.007 relatively soon after the previous one, because the fixes and improvements it brings, while not being major, are nevertheless important for the project as a whole. We have heard your feedback on the view system improvements, added new options to the multiplayer functionality, which govern the usage of graphical mods, in addition, we did additional research on the workarounds for the Direct 3D functionality not supported by one of the graphics cards vendors. Damage modeling has been improved to take into account the control systems damage (rods, wires, etc.). We have also added a new German pilot model in the early summer uniform. The full list of changes follows:

News on 4.007 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 6

Which pack do we have to buy to get access to the super secret Fw 190-53, though? 🙃

• Haha 3

I love it when I'm wrong!

Great stuff chaps... thanks for the early deployment

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the optional banning Reshade and 3Dmigoto in multiplayer as well as workaround for AMD graphics cards.

Edited by 1stCL/rudidlo
added "optional" word
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

Just now, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Thank you for banning Reshade and 3Dmigoto in multiplayer as well as workaround for AMD graphics cards.

Sorry not banned. Server-side-option.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Nice to see the zoom issues solved and all other improvements. Great work ICDP with the skins.

I hope the Restrict Injectors option will be used by server admins. Makes sence in my opinion to give more even playground.

• Upvote 2

Great work. Options are always the best option.

These housekeeping updates are outstanding.

Just now, LLv24_Zami said:

Nice to see the zoom issues solved and all other improvements. Great work ICDP with the skins.

I hope the Restrict Injectors option will be used by server admins. Makes sence in my opinion to give more even playground.

The mod itself has been changed, well at least the VR Enhancer Mod is. It's an even playing field pretty much by itself now. Check the Mods section for more info.

Jason

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

:good:

New zoom levels look great in VR, thank you!! I have assigned all levels to buttons on HOTAS.

Note: In game fps counter now showing twice on screen, both VR and 2d monitor.

Edited by dburne

4 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Sorry not banned. Server-side-option.

Jason

In that case. Sorry for bad word misuse.

1 minute ago, dburne said:

:good:

New zoom levels look great in VR, thank you!!

Note: In game fps counter now showing twice on screen, both VR and 2d monitor.

The second one is the FOV indicator.

It will be helpful to assess reports of spotting  issues.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Horrido and thank you guys!! Much appreciated!

Wow. Again update. Do you guys ever sleep? Do you try to out-update or forum bickering?

Thanks!!!! You guys rock!! Awesome! :good::salute:

6 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

The mod itself has been changed, well at least the VR Enhancer Mod is. It's an even playing field pretty much by itself now. Check the Mods section for more info.

Jason

I know. But the Reshade hasn't changed.

• Upvote 2

Squeeeeeeee  😁😁 😁😁 😁😁

That was a manly noise I just made, I swear.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 69th_Ustio said:

Great update

just a question. Will the PO2 get a pistol ?

Yes, when there will be a new pilot model for it. Stay tuned for DDs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

2. Aircraft control systems DM has been upgraded. The probability of losing control in a certain control axis depends on the control wires or rods configuration of a particular aircraft and existence of a reserve control channel (or its lack thereof);

Curious about this! What different control systems were used in the aircraft we have in the sim and how do they respond to damage differently?

4. New multiplayer server option “Restrict Injectors” allows the server hosters to restrict access for users with graphics injectors like Reshade or 3dmigoto;

Smart and elegant decision!

• Upvote 1

In VR mode, there are 2 frames in the upper right corner

QQ截图20200610021554.png

Why the VR zoom function that comes with the system is gone?????

S! 

From my testing most of the problems occurred with AMD card when using ingame MSAA. With FXAA the issues were gone. Reported this in appropriste thread. 

Maybe try reading the update notes.......... 

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, dburne said:

:好:

新的缩放级别在VR中看起来很棒,谢谢!我已将所有级别分配给HOTAS上的按钮。

注意:现在在游戏fps计数器中,VR和2d显示器均在屏幕上显示两次。

Excuse me, where is the new vr zoom setting,thanks

The skin with the removed wheel cover is awesome on the Ju-87 😄

Besides this it's a nice little update and the new uniforms look really good.

Thanks for the whole team!

And great work ICDP with those skins and especially with that normal map! Got to love those big bumps in the landing gears! 😊

6 minutes ago, =GW=501Railgun said:

In VR mode, there are 2 frames in the upper right corner

QQ截图20200610021554.png

Why the VR zoom function that comes with the system is gone?????

Release notes are your friend:

5. Five new mappable (RCtrl+NumPad_Del,1,2,3,0 by default) zoom commands have been added that allow quick zooming to various degrees (minimal, maximal and 3 intermediate levels). Zoom value set by a mouse or joystick axis or keyboard keys is not affected by the new quick zoom and after releasing a quick zoom button the FOV will return to the one set by an axis. These new commands work in either 2D or VR mode. The old 'VR zoom' command has been deprecated (its equivalent is the new maximum quick zoom, RCtl+NumPad_0);
6. There is a new setting in the Camera options that governs the speed of the new zoom commands;
8. The current FOV (Field Of View) value is shown next to the in-game FPS counter (that is activated by Backspace key by default);

• Upvote 1

Looking really nice!  One small thing, while the black outline from interior views is now gone, the flickering pixels in aircraft self-reflections are still present with MSAA on a 5700XT, though they seem to be lessened a bit? Other than that it's running great, thanks dev team!

• Upvote 1

Great news on the injectors! Now hopefully the popular servers will restrict their usage.

• Upvote 3

STOOOOOOOOKKAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

Just now, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Release notes are your friend:

5. Five new mappable (RCtrl+NumPad_Del,1,2,3,0 by default) zoom commands have been added that allow quick zooming to various degrees (minimal, maximal and 3 intermediate levels). Zoom value set by a mouse or joystick axis or keyboard keys is not affected by the new quick zoom and after releasing a quick zoom button the FOV will return to the one set by an axis. These new commands work in either 2D or VR mode. The old 'VR zoom' command has been deprecated (its equivalent is the new maximum quick zoom, RCtl+NumPad_0);
6. There is a new setting in the Camera options that governs the speed of the new zoom commands;
8. The current FOV (Field Of View) value is shown next to the in-game FPS counter (that is activated by Backspace key by default);

In their defence, judging by their quotes and the squad tag, they are reading in Chinese and may be having difficulties in translation when reading the patch notes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, =GW=501Railgun said:

Oh no!!!!Use Pimax VR 8k+ to play, the game often crashes😭😭

I would make a post in the technical issues part of the forum with your full specs and exactly what happens when the crash occurs. Maybe there is a quick fix.