Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
216th_LuseKofte

Static ships, vehicles, ground units?

Recommended Posts

This probably getting moved pretty quick to suggestions. 
But I post it here for better distribution. 
In order to be able to make a better and more populated battle ground and still get good performance. 
Normandy is coming it would be nice if we could have something that could resemble the landings , at least in one of the beaches

in a smaller contex

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine why it couldn't be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If CloD can do it, I see no reason why BoX shouldn´t be able to do it too. Here:

 

Quote

We have had our effects guys work hard on optimizing the framerate hit from AAA on ships... and have improved that considerably.

 

And yes, we have done quite a bit of experimentation with ship numbers and AAA... you can put a lot of ships on the map and make attacks and still get good framerates.

 

Of course, if you put a dozen battleships on the map and group them close together and then attack with 100 planes you will have a problem... but those are not historical numbers for the North Africa 1940-42 scenario.

 

Historically at most you would see 2 battleships, escorted by 3-4 destroyers as a bombardment force...  or a couple Cruisers with destroyers... more often air attacks on naval forces involved Merchant ship convoys of 3-4 ships, escorted by a couple destroyers or destroyer-escorts... with a flight of fighters as CAP and an attack force of 1-2 flights of bombers escorted by a flight of fighters.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

This probably getting moved pretty quick to suggestions. 
But I post it here for better distribution. 
In order to be able to make a better and more populated battle ground and still get good performance. 
Normandy is coming it would be nice if we could have something that could resemble the landings , at least in one of the beaches

in a smaller contex

 

I think every object is "static" by default in the mission editor until you add AI control to it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

 

I think every object is "static" by default in the mission editor until you add AI control to it.

Then it is ships ai gunners that make problems. 
If one added a lot of ships and just made a few ai controlled. Should it not be possible to make a small fleet and a almost realistic invasion fleet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So long as they can be damaged and destroyed. If hate to have static ground units that are invulnerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pfrances said:

So long as they can be damaged and destroyed. If hate to have static ground units that are invulnerable.

Well that is the point. It is only meant as a battle scenario slash target with adequate AA and AAA

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 10:12 AM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

...with adequate AA and AAA

 

...therein lies the rub with the static unit solution.

Tracers/AA brains are fairly expensive from a resource standpoint.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

...therein lies the rub with the static unit solution.

Tracers/AA brains are fairly expensive from a resource standpoint.

 

 

Yes I figured. I have no doubt you ME gurus haven't been thinking solution to this since back when you started. 
A bit naive , thinking I was first. But to me this boundaries restrict my ambition for this game. I have a huge wish for massive attacks from all altitudes. Stuck in thinking it was multicrew ac that was the restriction. We just got to play with the cards at hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

I think every object is "static" by default in the mission editor until you add AI control to it.

No. There are no static ships. There are separate lists of static objects and AI objects.

 

Would be very nice to have static "block" ships.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...