Hermod

Reticle for tank commander

I think there should be some kind of a reticle for the tank commander. In my opinion, it is absolutely essential for that particular position. Otherwise it it is highly difficult to execute the "move to point" command, or assign a target to your gunner.

The little white/red circle for the tank commander which appears after turning on "object markers" is quite useful in this respect. Unfortunately it only appears if you turn on "object markers" in the difficulty settings (as far as I know). Unfortunately, turning "object markers" on takes a lot of thrill from commanding a tank since spotting and identification of potential targets is not really required anymore. On the other hand, if you turn object markers off, the "move to point" command becomes quite useless, since you can only guess where the assigned waypoint might be. It also becomes nearly impossible to assign a target to your gunner. 

I understand you are asking for something else, but you could use the binoculars as a workaround.

6 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I understand you are asking for something else, but you could use the binoculars as a workaround.

Hi Jade_Monkey,

thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that does not seem to work. As long as I am looking through the binoculars, I can neither execute the "move to point" command, nor assign a target to the gunner. Moreover, the graduation in the binocular is not centered but moved downward. Thus, it does not correspond to the center of the view.

Thank you anyway.

Turning on Navi markers gives you the reticle.  So you can have object markers off and Navi markers on.  The only loss is your location is on the map.  It’s only your location not other objects.

Thanks for the advice.

Too bad that there is no documentation or manual were these things are clarified. A lot of trial and error is required which can be frustrating at times. 
Posting any issue in the forum seems to help though. There is always someone who has an answer. You just need to be patient and check the forum from time to time...

56 minutes ago, Hermod said:

Too bad that there is no documentation or manual were these things are clarified. A lot of trial and error is required which can be frustrating at times. 

Salutations,

Boy, isn't that the truth. Finding out how to do things (especially new features) has become part of the game experience I'm afraid and don't expect things to change much.

Providing player documentation is obviously not a strength or priority to the development team. :coffee: