Dutch2

MODs warning about the 4006 update

Dear pilots before doing any update on 4006, please swap back your mods if using JSGME, OvGME or other swapping tools.  Otherwise your game could be corrupted or mods that are broken. 

moderators please remove after the 4006 release, so this forum keeps clean. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

Is this time update so different?

Like the last update, it has some pretty fundamental changes to the sim - there were some bugs encountered by people with mods last update because of things being rearranged in the code. The new deferred shading is a big thing that will likely majorly affect any mods of the visuals in the game. And there is apparently a lot of other stuff coming down the pipes in this update.

51 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

The devs have said that texture mods will have to have their alpha channels adjusted to the new renderer, so I suspect you´ll have some adjusting to do 😋

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

The devs have said that texture mods will have to have their alpha channels adjusted to the new renderer, so I suspect you´ll have some adjusting to do 😋

RIP to all the massive amount of skin files (God knows how many and how much probably in near a TB or something) that need fixing. 💀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

No, nothing is different and I didn't say that because of Mods really. This is just a large update and whenever it's big and makes fundamental changes to things, some files and folders like Inputs or Startup may get overwritten. I'm just giving you all a heads up. Many times we do updates and users tell me they wished I had given them a heads up in advance.

If you are using Mods, I do suggest you uninstall them before you update, updating on top of Modded files has been known in the past to cause issues for some.

We don't test our updates with Mods, so anything can happen. And no need to rush, just take your time to get the update if you need to back things up. It will be here for you.

:salute:

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

Update, today 19.05.2020 ???

still 2,5 hours left in Moscow .... So.     🤔

Thanks, I thought in 2-3 weeks, as they announced on DD

Believe it! I didn't remember to do it last time and it took quite a while ,headaches,and a lot of trial & error to get the quality back to VR especially.This time I'm backing up all the relevant files & folders & taking screenshots of in-game settings and Steam VR screen pop-up settings just in case...but first and foremost I'm turning off JSGME Mods...

source.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where are location reflections files for  cockpit?

need files of  reflections on windows

Edited by huligan

I think its also a excellent moment to do a complete fresh reinstall. I have copied all the BoX data folders to an external HD and deleted BoX on my NVMe drive, its now doing the install from the 1C server. 

So every leftovers from mods and other conflicts are now being removed, I only have to swap the skins, 4k plane maps, input and scripted campaign outcomes back to the main game drive and I do have an freshly game.