Sign in to follow this  
Urra

View to VR stays on Desktop - how do I fix this?

Have stand alone game.(not on Steam). My Reverb headset won't switch focus to the game no matter what I do.  Have tried everything I can think of.  Steam VR was started before opening the game. I get a nice night sky view with text in middle saying IL2 app "next up".  But that is as far as I get.  Starting the game from within VR desktop gives the same result.  Anyone know what I an doing wrong? 

Within steam you need to download the app "Windows Mixed Reality For Steam VR."  If you already have then I don't know.

17 minutes ago, Bernard_IV said:

Within steam you need to download the app "Windows Mixed Reality For Steam VR."  If you already have then I don't know.

Ya. I already have and I start it before starting the game.  I can see a vr view of the game on screen for both eyes. But the headset is just on the default home screen for SteamVR.

This sound similar to my first foray into VR.  I use OpenComposite since  don't use Steam and others found OpenComposite better than Steam VR.  They recommended this in my thread at

I go into the steam VR home with the room and the apps listed on the wall.  I choose IL2 from there with my WMR hand controllers and it works fine.

32 minutes ago, Bernard_IV said:

I go into the steam VR home with the room and the apps listed on the wall.  I choose IL2 from there with my WMR hand controllers and it works fine.

Will try. Thanks. 

I got it to work. Ironically, STEAM vr released a hotfix for their software that allows images to properly displayed in the headset for vulcan games.  But the hotfix did not do anything for the MOD i had installed to run the game in Vulcan.  Looks like this only works for monitors. As soon as I removed the MOD it worked in HMD.  With the MOD its stuck in an infinite loop of switching to the headset.

Would be nice if the Vulcan MOD was working in VR.  It does seem to give a bit of improvement on the old monitor.

Glad you got it working.  What are your initial impressions of the Reverb?

6 hours ago, Bernard_IV said:

Glad you got it working.  What are your initial impressions of the Reverb?

The resolution is amazing (just right).  And if you are at 75-90fps it is a super smooth and super sharp.  Is there anything specific you want to know?