longnezej

Damage and lethality management on German aircraft

Posted (edited)

Good evening,

After flying so much on Il2 1946 on HL, i recently acquired the BOS suite. First, tks u to the whole team for this great work on the graphics and flight model, i look forward to "Battle of Normandy". On the other hand, by experience, i note that with the German aircraft models, at the first gust, either one is seriously injured and often killed. I've this impression which comes back to be at a disadvantage, even the addition of armorings in the options, does nothing, the plane is almost destroyed in flight at the first shoot and i am not talking about the impacts caused by the DCA. There's no alternative at this level and it is frustrating without looking like a moaner. Is this a deliberate bias for a game designed on the Allied side? Personally, it ruins the pleasure of playing.

Tks

Edited by LukeFF
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, longnezej said:

Is this a deliberate bias for a game designed on the Allied side?

I don't think that anyone who fought for the Axis is likely to be involved in game development...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

No, just no. Someone, please make it stoooooppppppppp.

Signed,

HerrMurf

Luftwhiner level 6

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

:popcorm:

12 hours ago, longnezej said:

On the other hand, by experience, i note that with the German aircraft models, at the first gust, either one is seriously injured and often killed.

Personal experiences are the worst piece of evidence you can give. 

Go fly some allied aircrafts (especially US with 12.7), and see by yourself how easy it is to kill german aircrafts :):salute:

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Sigh.......

finally, someone constructive, who knows how to assert his point of view !

Good evening,
After a few weeks of practicing the blue side simulator on BOS, playing for around 20 years at Il2 Sturmovik, i would like to give my "grain of salt" and bring my playing experience, which i admit, remains on the blue side.
I confirm and i'm appalled at the way the designers brought their personal touches to the 109 and 190 flight models. In the dogfights, for the 109 especially the F2 / F4, the engine heats up quickly and is systematically damaged, forcing to return base or land anywhere. For the 109/190, the black veil is systematic during a tight turn, and it takes a few seconds to return to normal, automatically, the reds being found in our 6. The cloud ceiling is low, which is' nt practical for "boom and zoom", forcing us to fight within 2k, in a state of inferiority. Eg. the 190 D9 are caught up by red planes whatever they're, even in horizontal flight without loss of energy.
 And and in the event of a sharp crash, whether it be with the 109/190, even at high altitude, they cannot be recovered and the planes end up hitting the planet. The red planes turn without difficulties, are fast and don't have all these problems where less pronounced. I knew these same parameters in the old red patches that came during the progression of Il2 1946 on Hyperlobby. I find it regrettable that we come to this point, I who thought that this new simulator would stick to a better realism of flight models, but i'm not so surprised. I find the overvalued La5 FN, similarly, I find the same thing on BODENPLATT with the P.51 and P.38 and P.47 boosted whereas in 1946, we could dogfighter more easily with these planes. I'm amazed that other blue players haven't raised the same issues, which only involve me. I know what to expect from the designers, founders, members, whether it's contempt or sighs, but there it's .

26 minutes ago, longnezej said:

In the dogfights, for the 109 especially the F2 / F4, the engine heats up quickly and is systematically damaged, forcing to return base or land anywhere. For the 109/190, the black veil is systematic during a tight turn, and it takes a few seconds to return to normal, automatically, the reds being found in our 6

1. dont go over the engine limit of 1 minute in emergency

2. never turn with a russian plane.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, longnezej said:

In the dogfights, for the 109 especially the F2 / F4, the engine heats up quickly and is systematically damaged

As said above, emergency only last 1min (a bit more actually). Read the specifications. Combat power last 30min which is more than enough and already powerful. 

If you can't dominate with a 109F4 against Yak1, Mig, and LaGG... then the plane is not the problem. 109F4 is superior from far, and you can even easily turn with russians. 

For the 109/190, the black veil is systematic during a tight turn

You will black about around 6G after severals seconds. It's the same for your opponents (except P51, P47 and P38 which have a G suit). Learn to manage your Gs, take care of your pilot (if you keep pulling hard turns at 6G, you will quickly exhaust your pilot). 

The cloud ceiling is low, which is' nt practical for "boom and zoom", forcing us to fight within 2k

If you are playing online, weather is good most of the time. 

Anyway, the weather don't care about your wishes. Deal with it.

the 190 D9 are caught up by red planes whatever they're, even in horizontal flight without loss of energy.

Just the P51 and Tempest are slightly faster than Dora. You can be a bit faster than the P51 between 3500 and 5500m. Btw, emergency on late German fighters last 10min. Against 5min for most of red aircrafts (all of them for the late west front). 

Fighting is not only a question of having the fastest plane anyway. If you want to run, your energy state compare to your opponent one is more important than a tiny difference of top speeds.

The red planes turn without difficulties, are fast and don't have all these problems where less pronounced.

They also have their "problems". Anyway, especially in late war planesets, combat speeds are high, and thus, having better maneuverability is useless, because of the pilot limited by Gs.

I who thought that this new simulator would stick to a better realism of flight models,

They are better.

I'm amazed that other blue players haven't raised the same issues, which only involve me.

Keep thinking about that... really. 

And again, fly on red side before spreading your opinion there :salute:

Now I don't know why I lost my time answering you. 

Edited by JG300_Faucon
  • Upvote 1

C'est bien mon petit Faucon, t'es un bon gars et t'as pas perdu ton temps bien que tu ne sois pas concepteur du jeu et des modèles de vol historique. Je savais plus ou moins les fondamentaux que tu m'énonces, mais le contraste est grand entre ma pratique du premier opus Sturmovik (1946...) et ce dernier. Alors que je pratiquais à fond les DF même contre les avions russes, remportant souvent que perdant, ma frustration est légitime. Il est vrai qu'il faut évoluer, et je verrai en pratiquant avec un track ir (j'ai toujours mon vieux FFB2 dont le "collie hat" commence à fatiguer et moi aussi, je vieillis) et un écran plus grand avec une meilleure résolution. (j'ai un S24B350H de 2012).

This is my little Falcon, you are a good guy and you have not wasted your time even though you are not the designer of the game and the historical flight models.  I knew more or less the fundamentals that you tell me, but the contrast is great between my practice of the first opus Sturmovik (1946 ...) and the latter.  While I practiced deep DF even against Russian planes, often winning that losing, my frustration is legitimate.  It is true that we must evolve, and I will see by practicing with a track ir (I still have my old FFB2 whose "collie hat" is starting to tire and I, too, am aging) and a larger screen with better  resolution.  (I have a S24B350H from 2012).

Edited by LukeFF

Je n'oublie pas les derniers patch d'Il2 1946, qui sous la pression de la communauté rouge qui en avait marre de se faire "boom zoomés" par le Dora et les Fw qui étaient irrattrappables,  avaient "coupé les jarrets" de ces derniers (rappelle toi du Dora qui ne volait pas plus de 500 km/h en vol horizontal même à pleine puissance avec le système d'augmentation et le A4 Ata à 80%, ne dépassant pas les 480 km/h).

I do not forget the last patch of Il2 1946, which under the pressure of the red community which was tired of being "boom zoomed" by the Dora and the Fw which were irreversible, had "cut the hocks" of these  last (remember the Dora which did not fly more than 500 km / h in horizontal flight even at full power with the augmentation system and the A4 Ata at 80%, not exceeding 480 km / h).

Edited by LukeFF

Faut se méfier des impressions en jeu, si tu ne voles que bleu essaye rouge aussi. C'est pas des avions miracles non plus si tu tombes sur quelqu'un qui sait ce qu'il fait ça se passera pas bien.

Je joue a IL2 depuis le début de la série (2003?) Et mon impression c'est que niveau gestion du moteur il faut faire plus attention dans BoX, tu peux pas voler a fond tout le temps tu paieras l'addition plus vite. 

Be wary of the impressions at stake, if you only fly blue try red too.  It's not miracle planes either, if you come across someone who knows what they're doing, it won't go well.

I've been playing IL2 since the start of the series (2003?) And my impression is that in terms of engine management, you have to be more careful in BoX, you can't fly hard all the time, you'll pay the bill faster.

Edited by LukeFF

1 hour ago, longnezej said:

I do not forget the last patch of Il2 1946, which under pressure from the red community who was tired of being "boom zoomed" by the Dora and the Fw who were irreversible, had "cut the hocks" of these last (remember the Dora which did not fly more than 500 km / h in horizontal flight even at full power with the augmentation system and the A4 Ata at 80%, not exceeding 480 km / h).

Different game with different developers. The German aircraft in this game have been tested and the Bf109K-4 and Fw190D-9 are actually very slightly faster than they were in real life.

Of course, the Tempest was even faster than both in real life, as was the Mustang on 150 octane petrol.

Edited by Talon_
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Different game with different developers. The German aircraft in this game have been tested and the Bf109K-4 and Fw190D-9 are actually very slightly faster than they were in real life.

I've read that they had poor surface finish on the wings and fuselage late war and were not going as fast as they could because of this parasite drag.

Il2 '46 FM's were universally borked for the late war aircraft in general. Some of them were literally copy and pasted. Never use that as your basis for aircraft performance.

este chico es un buen fichaje  para la fuerza oscura.

Y guy are a good reclutment for the dark forces

:)