XAiracobraX

Help changing default zoom to match real life field of view

I like to have my zoom set to an axis with a center point, friction lever on the warthog throttle, or you could do this with an axis that auto-centers like the dlc on one of the f14 stick(s).  My question is: can I change the default zoom in game (the zoom when axis is centered) so that my Field of View in game matches the field of view of my monitor?  Is there a setting I can set in a config file or something? 

Posted (edited)

There is no way to adjust aspect ratio or field of view in game. But you can save your camera angle and zoom per plane with F10. Just hold num 5 then press insert, scroll lock, delete, page up, page down, home, print screen keys to adjust your seating position. Save, then select your zoom level and save. That is about the only semi way to achieve what you want, far as I am aware. If you want to see more sky zoom the camera out and save.

TLDR: F10 saves camera settings and you can adjust your seating position

Edited by Geronimo553

When I hold down number 5, then press the above, nothing happens. Yet Settings have the proper keys set. In the past they have worked. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure what numpad 5 does but I did it using Insert, Scrl Lck, Del, Pg Up, Pg Dwn, Home to move my head position and then F10 to save. 🤷‍♂️