jollyjack

Time Scale not working well ..

Posted (edited)

What influences Time Scale negatively?  ... sometimes only4x works, and 8x seems the same speed. I know media MCUs should be avoided. They're not there.

Edited by jollyjack

Your CPU can't simulate at a faster speed. So upgrading your hardware should help.

must be in the game setting, got a 9700K i7 and a 2080 RTX ti ...

Time scale has never matched the display, going back 10 years to RoF.  As stated by @41Sqn_Banks you will get as good as your CPU can give you, and that will not be what is actually displayed.  After an upgrade I found that 4x is finally useful ... 8x not so much :) 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Banks said:

Your CPU can't simulate at a faster speed. So upgrading your hardware should help.

Nope. It never worked. I remember timing it during the very first beta test. I was trying to get to sunset to see how the lighting works in the game and all the speed compression settings got the same speed.

How many threads do we need on this.

Please do a search on time acceleration.

• Upvote 1

haven't seen any except the media MCU tip somewhere ...

30 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

haven't seen any except the media MCU tip somewhere ...

Do a search

The higher time speeds worked ok until several years ago when Loft’s compulsory “Groundhog Day” career was introduced which all players needed to use to unlock their aircrafts features.  Several people mentioned many times that putting on autopilot and 8x or higher acceleration was the best way to power through without having to deal with the Action Points and repetitive missions.  I remember Loft was unhappy about this and a couple of monthly patches later the time acceleration got capped.  It may be worth checking out the internal game files to see if there is a hard coded limit that can be changed.  

6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Several people mentioned many times that putting on autopilot and 8x or higher acceleration was the best way to power through without having to deal with the Action Points and repetitive missions.  

:)