Dutch2

SOLVED: Arras map Damaged buildings

Posted (edited)

I’m sure at Yugramedia they did there best in making buildings, but I find it very strange and real immersion breaker to find these intact houses at the front line. So who can damage the buildings at the Arras map? 

Edited by Dutch2

More precise bombing ? .. (kidding) . SYN_vander had posted some damage effecting tool somewhere. Maybe that has an effect, but i haven't tried it sofar.

9 hours ago, jollyjack said:

More precise bombing ? .. (kidding) . SYN_vander had posted some damage effecting tool somewhere. Maybe that has an effect, but i haven't tried it sofar.

Were is that tool for showing damaged buildings. 

Two confused Dutchmen.

Wasn't that a Rock Hudson and Doris Day movie?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Two confused Dutchmen.

Wasn't that a Rock Hudson and Doris Day movie?

Haha, your right on this, but we do our best in writing down in the English language. 

Edited by Dutch2

13 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Were is that tool for showing damaged buildings. 

I tried to find the link, maybe PM syn_vander? Could be that since the damage modelling has changed that it's out dated?

Posted (edited)

Here it is:

If you want this to affect quick missions etc then use this to modify the template file for Arras located in /data/template

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 1

Hi Bob, which file, ARRAS_Cities.Group?

9 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Here it is:

If you want this to affect quick missions etc then use this to modify the template file for Arras located in /data/template

But what If  use PWCG, does this means I have to convert every mission generated by PWCG. 

10 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

But what If  use PWCG, does this means I have to convert every mission generated by PWCG. 

I don’t know if Pat is using his own template or the default template. Maybe just try changing the default template. Be aware that it will probably be overwritten with each update.

Posted (edited)

As a test regarding this thread I just used two Cooper bombs to destroy a small house while flying in a PWCG generated mission in Arras. More bombs required for bigger buildings.

Edited by Pea_Shooter

mmm, I now see this is more a part of the mission editor and not a mod to put in damaged buildings permanently, which I do prefer more. 

Try this then. Backup your Arras_ALL.Group file in your \data\Template directory and remove it.

Unzip the file in the attachment to \data\Template and rename to Arras_ALL.Group

Arras_ALL_destroyed.zip

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SYN_Vander said:

Try this then. Backup your Arras_ALL.Group file in your \data\Template directory and remove it.

Unzip the file in the attachment to \data\Template and rename to Arras_ALL.Group

Arras_ALL_destroyed.zip 153.19 kB · 4 downloads

I did a quick test in Quick Mission but sorry but no effect, Arras city is still intact.

Edited by Dutch2

21 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I did a quick test in Quick Mission but sorry but no effect, Arras city is still intact.

Pity. It means QMB is not using the template folder for it's default scenery.

28 minutes ago, SYN_Vander said:

Pity. It means QMB is not using the template folder for it's default scenery.

I do not know if this is being implemented in your campaign “Kaiserschlacht” but strangely here I did see the damaged buildings.

I think this modification if working in all game modes, is another step to reduce the FC sterility. 

2 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I do not know if this is being implemented in your campaign “Kaiserschlacht” but strangely here I did see the damaged buildings.

I think this modification if working in all game modes, is another step to reduce the FC sterility. 

Yes I used my tool to destroy the buildings and used it in the Kaiserschlacht missions. Just as I use it in my Easy Mission Generator missions: https://sites.google.com/view/il2-great-battles-emg/

Posted (edited)

Thats only for mission builders here is my method for the ARRAS map is permanent in, QM, campaign, PWCG and I think even in the (who knows) future FC career mode. 

ARRAS damaged.jpg

Edited by Dutch2

Following SYN_Vanders instructions I replaced the 'Arras_ALL.Group' with the renamed Arras_ALL_destroyed file and populated a Deathmatch map and saved in in Multiplayer > dogfight but even in the ME nothing was destroyed.

Does this not work on a dogfight map?

Does this not work for making map templates that you can load and populate?

15 hours ago, Beebop said:

Following SYN_Vanders instructions I replaced the 'Arras_ALL.Group' with the renamed Arras_ALL_destroyed file and populated a Deathmatch map and saved in in Multiplayer > dogfight but even in the ME nothing was destroyed.

Does this not work on a dogfight map?

Does this not work for making map templates that you can load and populate?

What do you mean with "populated a Deathmatch map" ? Did you create your own mission using the Arras_ALL_destroyed group?

Yes.  I created a new Deathmatch Arras map then using the replaced Arras_ALL Group in data >Templates populated the map.  Once complete I went into Ortho View and saw that none of the cities had destroyed buildings.

Perhaps the file I provided is not correct? Will have to look at this later when I have time.