Sign in to follow this  
Krikhrychrisgibon

Too many bugs with IL2 - Desperate

Posted (edited)

I really have a lot of problems with IL2 when everything is OK with DCS World. First of all, most of the time when IL2 is launched for the first time, I have a problem with the graphics rendering visible on the ground (plane ready to take off). Elements of the decor like trees present around the track are visible like shrubs directly on the track ... If I quit the game then I restart it with the same fast mission, this time everything is OK. Initialization problem?

Another problem with my many USB devices: CH Pro pedals, Sidewinder FFB2, 4 x Saitek Flight Throttle Quadrant. If I touch one of these axes during the loading of the mission, I often have a crash with return to the office ... And I do not speak either of the very frequent problems of perpetual vibration at the level of the FFB2. Sometimes it is enough to deactivate the flight in flight and then reactivate it to resolve the problem. Sometimes this manipulation causes a crash with return to the office. I remind you, no problem of this kind with DCS World !!!!

Edited by LukeFF

I have the opposite.

All ok with IL2 and all other games and mess with DCS that crashes to desktop all the time. 

I remind you also to avoid to use this huge fonts because it similar to screaming and it is not nice.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Krikhrychrisgibon said:

I remind you, no problem of this kind with DCS World !!!!

Spam post from the DCS-is-better-let's-put-down-Il-2 BoX-crowd by my reckoning. The OP has had the whole Il-2 series from its inception and only now complains about game-breaking problems with it. No mention of these just happening. Look at all the gold bars under his name. Are we seriously meant to believe that this is the first time he's tried BoX? If it is genuine then it's something adrift at his end - nobody else has run into such a major set of problems all at once.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
I remind you, no problem of this kind with IL2  
Edited by bzc3lk

Reinstall il-2 Box .

Delete all files first . 

What card,  what OS . ?

Please type normal . 

Sorry, it was a "copie/coller", I'm not very confortable with english.

Not the first time i have these problems. Graphic bug appears with IL2 BOBP and i already mentioned this problem in a topic on graphics bugs it seems to me.

The problem with USB and FFB is older.

If I indicated that everything is OK with DCS World it was to avoid getting feedback to explain the default is on possible defects in my equipment.

Config : Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK with i7 - 4790K, 4 x 8GB DDR3 (corsair XMP-1600), MSI ARMUR RTX 2070 with 8GB GDDR6, two SSD SAMSUNG M2 970 PRO 1TB mounted on PCIe 4x adapter, and windows 10 pro, one CH pro pedals, old joystick FFB2 and 4 x Saitek Flight Throttle Quadrant

Posted (edited)

No problems at all with IL2 1946 and IL2 Great Battles other than rare occasional little things that are quickly rectified.

But my DCS is unusable. And dull. I've given up on it now.  Also the DCS forum has a few too many aggressive posters from Texas, usually, telling everybody else how stupid they are, but they don't read the posts they are answering properly before gobbing off. I have had to resort to adding 'Please read this post carefully before responding' to all of my posts. I don't bother posting now.

This forum is much friendlier and better moderated the DCS/ED one. 

Edited by Reggie_Mental

Posted (edited)

OK we can all put in a judgement about the TS or have an opinion about the DSC vs IL2 forum, but its not going to help that guy. 

My question to the TS, do you use mods, if so cut them out of IL2 as they can be conflicting after an game update. 

Further put everting in the Nvidia controlpanel for IL2.exe, (not for the IL2 launcher) to application controlled or off, even Vsync. Now try again with this most safe adjustment.  

USB input controllers, I did have an Aliexpress powered USB2 hub, but playing in the game I always hear the Windows sound of de-connecting and re-connecting USB devices, and away was my input device.  Not saying this could be the case if keeping in your mind DSC does not have that problem but sure I would check that incase you running from an USB hub. 

FFB in IL2, I most admit here thats not that great, so my MS-FFB2 is now collecting dust. read this btw 

Edited by Dutch2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Krikhrychrisgibon said:

Just so you know, when you copy/paste text into a post, you should see an option to paste the text as Plain Text. This will remove any weird problems with really large text and strange fonts.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

A big thank you to everyone who tried to help.

Topic moved in the complaints ???

Ok, the graphic problem mentioned may not be very widespread and i know that the disparity of hardware configuration makes debugging complicated but this a very sad way to brush it under the carpet. 

Defaut_5.png

Edited by Krikhrychrisgibon

Looks like some serious graphics problems.

I'd say try this:

1/reboot and don't launch any other game before launching this one, see if it changes anything.

2/make sure game launches without any mod installed, "enable mods" unchecked in settings/game

3/check game files via steam

4/update drivers for your GPU if 1/2/3 didn't solve it.

Good luck !

On 4/11/2020 at 4:15 PM, Krikhrychrisgibon said:

Not the first time i have these problems. Graphic bug appears with IL2 BOBP and i already mentioned this problem in a topic on graphics bugs it seems to me.

The problem with USB and FFB is older.

If I indicated that everything is OK with DCS World it was to avoid getting feedback to explain the default is on possible defects in my equipment.

Config : Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK with i7 - 4790K, 4 x 8GB DDR3 (corsair XMP-1600), MSI ARMUR RTX 2070 with 8GB GDDR6, two SSD SAMSUNG M2 970 PRO 1TB mounted on PCIe 4x adapter, and windows 10 pro, one CH pro pedals, old joystick FFB2 and 4 x Saitek Flight Throttle Quadrant

I fly this series since April 2017, and have just lately upgraded my stick from MS FFB2 to a Virpil stick. Even before the upgrade, I realized that the"FFB on" option had a huge destabilizing effect on the game, with many of the issues you described. A lot of times I'd enter the mission with a constantly vibrating stick, and most of the time I was able to fix the issue by repeatedly alt-tabbing between desktop and game. All these issues disappeared when switching FFB off.