Sign in to follow this  
Agent_86

Netgear Nighthawk X10 router

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Having a helluva time opening the proper ports for a ded server. They are all forwarded in my settings, windows firewall shows that they are "allowed". 

CanYouSeeMe.org, cant see me...      :dash: And of course, nobody can join the server, error #10019. I can create server, join it via my lan, but that's it

Router is a Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000. Any server operators using this router ?  Any help would be greatly appreciated ! 

Edited by Agent_86
typo
  • Like 1

If the router forwards by IP rather than by machine name, are you sure the IP is still correct for the target machine? 

I have a dynamic IP but it only changes when I shut down (rarely). I don't use the machine name. So, yes IP is correct. Spoke to my ISP support guy for quite a while yesterday, he could find no problems, he could see that the ports were open. I will leave the server up today to see if any players can join it. It is not quite finished as far as maps and settings. I just want to be sure it is joinable at this point. After that I will fine tune the settings and try to put together a few maps to run a decent rotation.  

Thanks for the reply.

10 hours ago, Agent_86 said:

I have a dynamic IP but it only changes when I shut down (rarely).

I would still set it to static, and computers benefit from regular reboots.

Are you sure you have set the right protocols for both ports?

What is the server's name?

Do you have your DMZ enabled with the DMZ host addy? I did that and all worked fine but only problem I'm having is adding to the barrons page. Seems to be a connection timeout and I can't figure it out.

I've tried  TCP/UDP backward and forward , upload and download .... I'll check the DMZ, I've never had to mess with that before, so I didn't even consider it.   

Thanks for the tip ! Major power outage for three days now, running on generator power atm. Got other fish to fry for a bit.

48 minutes ago, Agent_86 said:

I've tried  TCP/UDP backward and forward , upload and download .... I'll check the DMZ, I've never had to mess with that before, so I didn't even consider it.   

Thanks for the tip ! Major power outage for three days now, running on generator power atm. Got other fish to fry for a bit.

got external ip box checked in sds

4 hours ago, Agent_86 said:

Got other fish to fry for a bit.

No wonder McGoun came in here, soon as he see the word fish he's all in. 

Hope you  get things all set up, Will this be a NFF server?

No, on the NFF.  If I ever get it up and going it will be a new Snarling Troll hang out. We have not decided on server settings yet, we figure we need a running server before we try and set things up completely. Thanks for the encouragement !

And McGoun, Not sure on that either, I'll check it out. Ive been working with the sds config file, maybe I'm in the wrong place completely...... ?? F/C is a bit different than RoF. 

~S~

• Like 1

Hope it gets sorted soon, every time I see the server up a little trickle of wee runs down my leg. (It's a senior thing) :)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ST_Nooney said:

Hope it gets sorted soon, every time I see the server up a little trickle of wee runs down my leg. (It's a senior thing) :)

Sucks getting old, though I wouldn't know but McGoun constantly tells me so I take his word for it. I'm still 21 and have been for the last 34 years.

Ports are all open, Thanks for the helpful tips. 

Unfortunately, It's still not joinable. Folks are getting the  #10019 error.

Bare with me. It will be up and down as I tinker with the settings 🤔

• Sad 1