Sign in to follow this  
56RAF_Talisman

Spitfire fuel gauge

Not being able to press the button for a fuel check is the most annoying thing flying the Spitfire.  In real life there was no problem, just press the button and read the gauge.  Why the devs could not have done this for the Spitfire I will never understand :(

The vulnerability of flying level and waiting, waiting, waiting, to read the gauge is maddening, especially when trying to escape from the enemy or flying with a squad and checking six and checking cross cover for others in the formation and navigating; the leader of the squad askes for a squad fuel check and madness ensues.  Its just potty, to put it politely.

I hope the IL-2 GB dev's can provide the historical button press to read the fuel gauge for the Spitfire soon.  Surely that is not something that would be difficult.  Other simulations for the Spitfire have it.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

I agree - something like what happens in the I-16 where the button is pressed (including visuals) every few seconds and it shows the current fuel state.  Assuming the real Spit you needed to be flying level for the fuel level to show accurately?  If that’s the case, having a regular “automatic” pressing of a fuel button every few seconds at least would allow the pilot to anticipate when the next press was going to happen, then they could fly level for that short time (instead of now where you have to fly level for 5-10 seconds!).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AKA_Relent said:

I agree - something like what happens in the I-16 where the button is pressed (including visuals) every few seconds and it shows the current fuel state.  Assuming the real Spit you needed to be flying level for the fuel level to show accurately?  If that’s the case, having a regular “automatic” pressing of a fuel button every few seconds at least would allow the pilot to anticipate when the next press was going to happen, then they could fly level for that short time (instead of now where you have to fly level for 5-10 seconds!).

Yes please!

Why don't we just have it update in real time as, let's face it, a real Spitfire pilot is gonna push the damn button when he's pointing his eyes at the fuel gauge.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Denes said:

You can add button to check the fuel level in the spitfire 

?

23 hours ago, Denes said:

You can add button to check the fuel level in the spitfire 

Please tell me how.  That would be great!

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

58 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Please tell me how.  That would be great!

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Haha 2

I agree it is somewhat maddening not to have a button press to emulate the cockpit button for the fuel guage. The other Russian sim does it very nicely. Even more maddening for me is the insistence on the gunsight reticule to be permanently on. There are spare bulbs on the right hand cockpit wall for the reason that they didn't last very long in use so the gunsight would be left in the switched off position until combat became at least likely. This is a real immersion breaker for me but I have managed to live with it. Come on Devs, pull your finger out!