Toomhuis

New Tobii user - Erm...where the heck did turret control go??

Hi guys, I got a Tobii eyetracker yesterday after seeing that TrackIR doesn't seem to be available anymore and not being willing to fork out for a VR set.

My question for the panel is has anyone managed to get proper control of a tank turret running VR at the same time? I have tried to follow the instructions to install JoyToKey and have mapped what I think was tank turret control (is it pilot head snap view or something?) to my joystick BUT it slews around like a b*st*rd and is unuseable :(

In fact trying to using the Numpad keys seems to control the turret but the thing has a mind of its own even with keys. I have had a good look at the keymapping in settings of the game but cannot find anything that is specifically "turret" so am only guessing that "pilot snap view" or whatever is the setting is what I should be altering.

Before I installed Tobii I always used mouse for control of the gun and it could be tricky from time to time but I could rotate or elevate more or less the desired amount but now it's rotate 15 degrees leeeeeeeft..hey come back here gun! 

Anyway, I hope someone can help. Or at least put me out of my misery and tell me that Tank Crew is not playable with VR (of a sort) other than driving around looking around :)

A

Posted (edited)

EDIT:

Short answer:

The Tobii control panel, when detects the game adds this:

bc_head_pitch,                                    joy0_axis_s,                                      1| // Bow pilot head vertically
bc_head_yaw,                                      joy0_axis_w,                                      0| // Turn pilot head horizontally

to your "current.actions" file, inside "PATH-TO-GAME\data\inputs of the game" (Where PATH-TO-GAME is your game directory path).

But it also deletes theese other lines from "current.actions" config file:

bc_head_pitch,                                    mouse_axis_y,                                                 0| // Bow pilot head vertically
bc_head_pitch,                                    mouse_axis_y+mouse_b1,                            0|
bc_head_yaw,                                      mouse_axis_x,                                                 0| // Turn pilot head horizontally
bc_head_yaw,                                      mouse_axis_x+mouse_b1,                            0|

ADD that last four lines to "current.actions" that tobii deleted, that was the problem

Have been many hours trying different things only to make tobii works. It doesnt start to me, have to change some parameter in vjoy. Then after been configuring Tobii I readed your answer... and I had to find again more solutions.

Edited by limonastuto
Better explained now